Mars Fishcare AQPH API Ammonia Test Kit uploaded by David F.Mars Fishcare AQPH API Ammonia Test Kit uploaded by Shannon C.

BY MARS FISHCARE

Fast, accurate and easy-to-use kit contains two dropper bottles, test solutions, easy-to-read instructions, color chart and glass tube with lid for 130 tests for ammonia level from 0 to 8 ppm. Why test for Ammonia Tropical fish continuously release ammonia (NH3) directly into the aquarium through their gills, urine and solid waste. Uneaten food and other decaying organic material also add ammonia to the water. A natural mechanism exists that controls ammonia in the aquarium-the "biological filter," made up of nitrifying bacteria which grow in the gravel bed. As with any natural process, however, imbalances can occur. Testing for the presence of toxic ammonia is essential, so that once detected, steps can be taken to remove it. Otherwise, ammonia in the aquarium will damage delicate gill membranes, and prevent fish from carrying on normal respiration. High levels of ammonia quickly lead to fish death. Even trace amounts can stress fish, suppressing their immune systems and thereby increasing the likelihood of disease and subsequent fish loss. Testing TipsThis kit measures ammonia levels in parts per million (ppm), and can detect concentrations of ammonia from 0 ppm to 8.0 ppm in either freshwater or saltwater aquariums. Thus, there are two ammonia test color charts, one for freshwater aquariums, and one for saltwater aquariums, so be sure to use the correct chart for your type of aquarium when interpreting test results. The freshwater ammonia test color chart is the appropriate chart to use for testing freshwater aquariums to which aquarium salt has been added. see more...

Buy on PetSmart
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
This is very easy to use and accurate. Before i knew much about caring for my tank i bought test strips, which i think are fine - even if they aren't as accurate. What i did not pay attention to is that it didn't test for ammonia so i bought this test kit. It's a lot easier than I was expecting. In the future I willbe buying all of my test kits like this.
David F.
David F.
Brooklyn, NY
Pet Lover Expert
This is a lifesaver. I found out the hard way (a dead fish) that the ammonia levels of my water were at a dangerous level from overfeeding. Through this test, I was able to daily monitor my water as I slowly improved the fix and now I run this test 1-2x a week to make sure it stays good. My fish are happy and healthy because of it! It's relatively easy to do.
Tina H.
Tina H.
When your fish(es) seem to be staying at the upper level of the tank it could mean there's something wrong with your water or worse, but you should always begin with your water. Having this test kit is more handy than trying to have your water tested at your local pet store. I don't have one in my neighborhood....😕

Make sure everything is clean and that you read the instructions if it's your first time using the kit. Always clean the tubes after and before testing. It's very easy to use once you get it the first time or second time.
Dina L.
Dina L.
Gainesville, FL
Great aquarium test! I find that API has great products for maintaining healthy tanks & fishies :)
Tina B.
Tina B.
When we had our fish tank I used this product all the time to test our water with great results.
Robert E.
Robert E.
Toms River, NJ
I find that the API Ammonia test kit provides excellent results and is very reliable (as long as you thoroughly clean the test tubes between uses). It's excellent for determining the beginning stages of an aquariums biological cycle to ensure Ammonia is being converted into Nitrite (also see API's Nitrite Test Kit).
Serena C.
Serena C.
My boyfriend is a Salt water aficionado and this test kit is the only one he has never tossed and grumbled about.
Savannah B.
Savannah B.
Selma , NC
Love this product. It really is helping to find out exactly what is wrong with our tank and take the slip to the store and they will tell us the product we need for what is currently happening in our tank at our pet store.
Edward S.
Edward S.
Gilroy, CA
I like this test kit. It was pretty acurite and helpful. It was pretty cheap and it cones with a whole lot of tests 130 i believe
Ann W.
Ann W.
Bridgeville, PA
Very easy to use and definitely a necessity for any aquarium owner! Keep the water safe and your fish will live long and happy!
Tamara e.
Tamara e.
Saint paul, MN
Easy enough to figure out and doesn't take up space or to many glass viles and solutions like other test kits so easy and saves money i wish it came with more though.