BY MARRIOTT #1 in Hotels

PiecesOf C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
As a former hotel designer, Marriott was my least favorite client. (Now I can finally say that out loud and now fear my designs will be rejected!)

What you may not know and this is true for every brand, for a hotel to maintain the brands name/affiliation, the owner must abide by the brands standards. One standard is renovation every certain number of years. Every architect and designer must submit their work to the brands design team for review and approval. No construction or purchasing can be made without the signed off approval from someone on brand design team. Same goes for new builds. This is how brands maintain brand identification from city to city.

Marriott is known for being the problem child. I mean have you’ve seen their colors? Yes, they make designers pick (or they pick it themselves) those hideous bright colors! Marriott markets themselves to daily business travelers. I don’t know, that’s good but not everyone is a business traveler especially in high tourist cities. It’s ridiculous when your adding features that are not needed because the Marriott design team says you have to when you know that feature will never be used and is a waste of money.

I’ve only stay in one Marriott property since leaving the design world. I had to for a family wedding. The service was horrible. They tried to charge me for a meal I never ordered. I had to call two times to get towels bc there were none when I checked in. I won’t be staying in a Marriott unless it’s free and even then, I’ll have to give it serious consideration.
Annah H.
Donalds, SC
This Marriott hotel is located right next to the Michelin Tires - U.S. Corporate Headquarters, off I-95. I saw many employees & visitors just walk from the hotel to/from that building. It's location is excellent, in the outskirts of Greenville.

While taking "ultimate" driver training in the BMW Performance Driver Center at the nearby BMW SAV X-5, X-3, X-6, etc. manufacturing plant, I stayed three days with my wife at the hotel. We greatly enjoyed the stay. The pool was excellent. And so was dinner & service at the Artisan restaurant. The Staff puts together an exceptional breakfast buffet.

I commented: Christopher Columbus "discovered" America, and we discovered Greenville. This medium-size city is a Jewel in Disguise. We are now retired. The city was like a magnet to us, due to all the high quality venues, unique pedestrian-friendly downtown, and a place where nature and quality of life coexist well. We heard that only top restaurants survive due to fierce cut-throat competition in attracting locals & visitors. The city is kept so clean; to an unbelievable standard. I saw only two pieces of debris in three days. The city also cleans the streets about twice a year with vapor / water pressure gear. Another attractive factor is the closeness to the mountains, parks, and lakes of upstate South Carolina & western North Carolina. We pledged to come back...
Kellie A.
Keaau, HI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The Marriott is a nice place to stay at. Beautiful grounds and nice rooms. I especially liked the heated pool, definitely my cup of tea! This review would have five stars if they had handled a situation we experienced better. I felt as though because we weren’t the typical customer (we are locals or kamaaiana as we call it in Hawaii) they treated us differently. Our first night there our room door had somehow had the security latch lock from the inside with no one in there, therefore we couldn’t get back into the room. We waited 2 hours at 11oclock at night while I was 8 months pregnant for them to unlock the door. They sent us to the bar and let us have complimentary drinks, which wasn’t something I could do being pregnant and all. When we went to the front desk asking if there was somewhere else we could go because I needed to rest, or if we could just get another room, the employee told us there was nothing he could do until they inspected our room to make sure nothing was wrong. Meaning they thought somehow we did something to make the door security lock itself! Anyway, they finally got our door opened and then offered us a complimentary breakfast. I’m not saying we should’ve gotten our stay for free or something more than that, I just didn’t appreciate the way we were treated and the effort was poor in ensuring we were pleased with our stay.
Kayden C.
Alpharetta, GA
We just returned from our stay at the Phoenix Tempe at the Buttes Marriot and it was ridiculous. There were three of us, and a fourth joined for one night so we called many times to assure that we would have a rollaway bed for the fourth. We arrived, and they refused to give us one! We finally found a manager that helped us and gave us permission to use a rollaway, and we moved into the room. The beds were tiny, but the room itself was okay besides the bathroom. There was no real door separating the bathroom sinks and mirror, just a tiny separate room for a toilet and shower. Then, we went to the pool and spent $25 on breakfast. We left to put our cellphones in our room, and when we returned 10 minutes later, the pool boy had taken our items (bags, clothing, etc) and put them in the pool house, and had thrown away our breakfast! We had to track down our belongings and they had to comp us for the meal. Finally, the next day (day before checkout), we realized that we had been charged more than we had spent. They had put someone else’s $91 drink order on our room card, and charged our bank! We were given points and a bottle of wine, which is not sufficient compensation for the trouble we went through. However, the restaurant staff were very kind and helped to make the stay better. Overall, not worth the money paid.
Gina C.
Encinitas, CA
I LOVE Marriot Hotels! My family and I have stayed at many on vacations all over America. It is worth the price for sure because this hotel has so many amenities and stuff to do. The room and bathroom is always so clean and comfortable to stay at. There's usually a couch with a TV that carries a ton of movies and shows to watch, a table to eat at, a coffee machine which is super nice to have in the room, and a mini refrigerator to have some snacks or keep leftovers in. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the room is so spacious, especially for a family. I have a family of five, and we are always so comfortable staying in rooms at the Marriott. They usually have a computer room to do work on with free WIFI, which is great for anyone traveling on business. They usually have a library room to just relax and read in. They also have complimentary breakfast, as well as a really nice hotel restaurant to get drinks at or a quick meal if you don't want to drive somewhere in a city that you aren't very familiar with. The pool is always so clean and fun to swim in, and same with the hotel gym. This hotel just gives you everything you need and more to have the perfect vacation. I recommend Marriot Hotels highly!!
Dayna F.
I stayed at the Marriott Executive Apartments in Bangkok, Thailand and I can say that I enjoyed my stay. The hotel was in a perfect location to get around the city effectively. We arrived early like around 8:30 a.m to Bangkok due to the time difference and our room was not available yet. The staff at the front desk was very personable and accommodating. They wanted to make sure we were comfortable because they knew our flight was a long one. They gave us an option to freshen up inside the hotel with showers and bathrooms for the guest. We had breakfast, by the time we were finished they hurried to prepare us a room so that we could check-in early. I really appreciated that! Every time we encountered staff they were always making sure we had everything we needed. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. It was like having our own apartment. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. It’s been the best experience I’ve had at a Marriott and one of the nicest locations I’ve stayed.
Hina s.
Leawood, KS
I am a Marriott rewards card member so i try to stay at their properties whenever i travel, which is alot. I have noticed that the level of their services is very consistent throughout the globe. The beds are uber comfortable, toiletries are highend and the staff is very friendly and guest oriented.i mostly travel with my family and the rooms are always big enough to accommodate children.Good food is always a plus in my books.
So all in all a great hotel with great services and comfortable beddings , which by the way is the first thing i check in reviews before booking any hotels!Looking forward to make more memories with my family in 2018 💥✈️
Melissa S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Just stayed at Epicurean in Tampa on Saturday. The front of the hotel, and valet, are awkwardly setup. There was nobody there to greet us and two valet guys strolled by in front of the cars that were arriving as another pulled up next to us, requiring us to backup, so they could circle back into the garage.

I appreciated being greeted with a glass of wine (“glass” is how they word it but it’s nowhere near that). Eric (sp?) was very nice and took us to our room.

The room looked and smelled nice enough but seconds in I got a whiff of dog. I don’t know if they allow dogs there (ew), someone previously stayed that had dogs or what but the smell didn’t seem to stick around.

The coffee maker was a tassimo and there was a drawer with pods but we couldn’t get it to work and it looked old and dirty.

The shower looked inviting, with one shower head in the standard location and one over head.

The barn door to the restroom was beautiful and a nice touch but doesn’t allow for as much privacy. I didn’t notice, but may have missed, a vent/fan for shower steam. The toilet flush was really loud.

We tried to visit the rooftop bar after an early dinner elsewhere. I want to say it was 9pm and the door was locked and our room keys wouldn’t work. Apparently there were only a few people up there so they decided to close (in Tampa at 9pm?!?!). That explains a lot of the clientele we saw in the restaurant/lobby bar.

The room had a doorbell that, based on the button you pushed inside the room, will turn green if you want your room cleaned and red if you don’t want to be disturbed. Don’t trust it though as ours was red and housekeeping still knocked. It was probably about 11 and we were awake but it’s the principle.

All-in-all I would go there again and would like to try the restaurant and theatre but my expectations have been lowered.
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
We recently stayed at TownePlace Suites
for two weeks In broomfields, colorado . I would say the location is so convenient it's just next to Flatiron crossing mall & has a Walmart in walking distance. The staff is very friendly & helpful. They have great coffee & homemade chocolate chip cookies (both complimentary) which is a good thing for me as I need to have coffee everyday. The suites are very comfortable with fully functional kitchen equipped with dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator. They also have pay & use washer & dryer on the 1st floor.

One suggestion is they can improve on their breakfast variety & taste.

Overall a good comfortable stay !
Teresa N.
falls church
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've stayed at multiple Marriott Hotels and have been satisfied with all my stays. I haven't had any particular problems with the room, amenities or customer service. Upon checking in, the front desk is always a pleasant encounter, the rooms are clean, and the check out process is simple and easy.

Marriott is a mid-level hotel and you get what you pay for. It's decently priced and what you get is a clean place to stay. There's nothing extra that comes with your stay. There were occasions when I was able to get a later check out time without additional charge when other times I couldn't.

Elizabeth F.
New rochelle , NY
Is this hotel pricey?????
Elodia C.
Long Beach, CA
Is this a good quality hotel for its price?
Lillie R.
Lake Mary, FL
Do they typically have free wifi?
Ashley H.
Birmingham, AL
Do you take advantage of the free breakfast? Do you like it?
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Does any of the Marriotts include breakfast?