BY MARRIOTT #1 in Hotels

Melissa S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Just stayed at Epicurean in Tampa on Saturday. The front of the hotel, and valet, are awkwardly setup. There was nobody there to greet us and two valet guys strolled by in front of the cars that were arriving as another pulled up next to us, requiring us to backup, so they could circle back into the garage.

I appreciated being greeted with a glass of wine (“glass” is how they word it but it’s nowhere near that). Eric (sp?) was very nice and took us to our room.

The room looked and smelled nice enough but seconds in I got a whiff of dog. I don’t know if they allow dogs there (ew), someone previously stayed that had dogs or what but the smell didn’t seem to stick around.

The coffee maker was a tassimo and there was a drawer with pods but we couldn’t get it to work and it looked old and dirty.

The shower looked inviting, with one shower head in the standard location and one over head.

The barn door to the restroom was beautiful and a nice touch but doesn’t allow for as much privacy. I didn’t notice, but may have missed, a vent/fan for shower steam. The toilet flush was really loud.

We tried to visit the rooftop bar after an early dinner elsewhere. I want to say it was 9pm and the door was locked and our room keys wouldn’t work. Apparently there were only a few people up there so they decided to close (in Tampa at 9pm?!?!). That explains a lot of the clientele we saw in the restaurant/lobby bar.

The room had a doorbell that, based on the button you pushed inside the room, will turn green if you want your room cleaned and red if you don’t want to be disturbed. Don’t trust it though as ours was red and housekeeping still knocked. It was probably about 11 and we were awake but it’s the principle.

All-in-all I would go there again and would like to try the restaurant and theatre but my expectations have been lowered.
Caitlin M.
My most recent Marriott Hotel experience wasn’t the greatest. My family had spent a lot of money flying down to Florida for our cousins wedding in West Palm Beach. We stayed at a Marriott which was gorgeous. The outdoor area was stunning with tables, chairs, gas fire pits, and a pool. However, at 7am Saturday morning (the morning of the wedding) the fire alarm went off and all guests were told to evacuate. This itself wasn’t terrible, but what was is that the power had then gone out in the hotel. No rooms had power. Now, imagine getting ready for a black tie event happening that evening with NO power... it sucked.
Not only this, but we sat down for breakfast at the hotel restaurant and my husband, wearing a brand new shirt from a work trip, was drinking water and some of the condensation had dropped onto his shirt. Normally this would just dry out and fade, but his shirt was bleached. I’m assuming from the chemicals they wipe their tables with? This was extremely disappointing.
I’m hoping my next experience with Marriott is much better.
Dayna F.
I stayed at the Marriott Executive Apartments in Bangkok, Thailand and I can say that I enjoyed my stay. The hotel was in a perfect location to get around the city effectively. We arrived early like around 8:30 a.m to Bangkok due to the time difference and our room was not available yet. The staff at the front desk was very personable and accommodating. They wanted to make sure we were comfortable because they knew our flight was a long one. They gave us an option to freshen up inside the hotel with showers and bathrooms for the guest. We had breakfast, by the time we were finished they hurried to prepare us a room so that we could check-in early. I really appreciated that! Every time we encountered staff they were always making sure we had everything we needed. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. It was like having our own apartment. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. It’s been the best experience I’ve had at a Marriott and one of the nicest locations I’ve stayed.
Angelee M.
Elk Grove, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
majority of the time we’ve had amazing stays
however on my birthday a few years back we had the worst service possible. we stayed at a residence inn in sacramento. the staff were so unfriendly and rude. our tv didn’t work. there was hair in the bathtub and we were over charged for our room. our stay included a late checkout, champagne and a some other goodies which we didn’t get until we demanded it. when it was morning they kept calling and banging on our door. when we explained we had a late checkout they told us we had to be out in an hour or we’d be charged for another day.

besides that one horrible experience
we’ve stayed at many marriotts which have been amazing! the rooms have been clean, staff were amazing and there was food given to us for free
Hina s.
Leawood, KS
I am a Marriott rewards card member so i try to stay at their properties whenever i travel, which is alot. I have noticed that the level of their services is very consistent throughout the globe. The beds are uber comfortable, toiletries are highend and the staff is very friendly and guest oriented.i mostly travel with my family and the rooms are always big enough to accommodate children.Good food is always a plus in my books.
So all in all a great hotel with great services and comfortable beddings , which by the way is the first thing i check in reviews before booking any hotels!Looking forward to make more memories with my family in 2018 💥✈️
Allie O.
Marriott hotels are exceptional! My husband and I every time we travel or go out of town we love staying at a Marriott hotel or one of their other branches. They are the best when it comes to customer service as well the cleanliness of the rooms. We recently got married at one of the branches they own the Ritz Carlton Maui Kapalua. BEST hotel ever! They upgraded our room to one of the suites which was extremely beautiful and from the moment we got there we received five star attention. The restaurants and spas are spectacular and their hotels are great and also the amenities they have with in their resorts.

I can honestly say paying a little higher price to stay with them is completely worth it. You will receive great service and be very comfortable!
Ali C.
Phoenix, AZ
Whenever we travel, my husband and I try to stay at Marriott hotels or Hyatt hotels as much as possible. They tend to be pretty equally matched in customer service, cleanliness, availability, price, ability to book on points, ability to upgrade, and location. However, I will ALWAYS prefer Marriott locations over Hyatt for one simple reason: their pillows. I’m not even kidding. As someone who needs at least 4 pillows to sleep thanks to a chronic pain condition pillows are everything to me. And depending on how far from home we are I can’t always bring my own. Does this seem trivial? Maybe. But to each their own. I’m sure my husband, who travels much more than I do, would have more ways to compare the two but this is just my two cents.
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
We recently stayed at TownePlace Suites
for two weeks In broomfields, colorado . I would say the location is so convenient it's just next to Flatiron crossing mall & has a Walmart in walking distance. The staff is very friendly & helpful. They have great coffee & homemade chocolate chip cookies (both complimentary) which is a good thing for me as I need to have coffee everyday. The suites are very comfortable with fully functional kitchen equipped with dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator. They also have pay & use washer & dryer on the 1st floor.

One suggestion is they can improve on their breakfast variety & taste.

Overall a good comfortable stay !
Ashley R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We stayed at a Marriott a while back for a wedding. We called to ask if they allowed pets and the person told us they do and did not charge extra for it. Yet at time of check out they attempted to charge us an extra $100 for our cat even though there was no damage or extra cleaning needed. It was a ridiculous fight with the manager to get them to drop the charge. The staff was generally rude and didn’t have answers to any questions we asked. And it was expensive. It was not somewhere I’d want to stay again. The only redeeming qualities were the free breakfast and convenient location.
Erin B.
My parents belong to the Marriott Vacation Club so we have been staying at these hotels for years. I love their vacation club, and their point system that allows you to possibly earn free stays! My dad has their credit card that helps you rack up points since we travel often. I will always recommend Marriott hotels because I know you can count on a great stay. Their vacation club hotels feel like a home away from home. They are a world of their own and have so many things to do just in the resort itself that technically you could never leave and still have a great vacation!
Elizabeth F.
New rochelle, NY
Is this hotel pricey?????
Elodia C.
Long Beach, CA
Is this a good quality hotel for its price?
Lillie R.
Lake Mary, FL
Do they typically have free wifi?
Ashley H.
Birmingham, AL
Do you take advantage of the free breakfast? Do you like it?
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Does any of the Marriotts include breakfast?