BY MARRIOTT #1 in Hotels

Melissa S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Just stayed at Epicurean in Tampa on Saturday. The front of the hotel, and valet, are awkwardly setup. There was nobody there to greet us and two valet guys strolled by in front of the cars that were arriving as another pulled up next to us, requiring us to backup, so they could circle back into the garage.

I appreciated being greeted with a glass of wine (“glass” is how they word it but it’s nowhere near that). Eric (sp?) was very nice and took us to our room.

The room looked and smelled nice enough but seconds in I got a whiff of dog. I don’t know if they allow dogs there (ew), someone previously stayed that had dogs or what but the smell didn’t seem to stick around.

The coffee maker was a tassimo and there was a drawer with pods but we couldn’t get it to work and it looked old and dirty.

The shower looked inviting, with one shower head in the standard location and one over head.

The barn door to the restroom was beautiful and a nice touch but doesn’t allow for as much privacy. I didn’t notice, but may have missed, a vent/fan for shower steam. The toilet flush was really loud.

We tried to visit the rooftop bar after an early dinner elsewhere. I want to say it was 9pm and the door was locked and our room keys wouldn’t work. Apparently there were only a few people up there so they decided to close (in Tampa at 9pm?!?!). That explains a lot of the clientele we saw in the restaurant/lobby bar.

The room had a doorbell that, based on the button you pushed inside the room, will turn green if you want your room cleaned and red if you don’t want to be disturbed. Don’t trust it though as ours was red and housekeeping still knocked. It was probably about 11 and we were awake but it’s the principle.

All-in-all I would go there again and would like to try the restaurant and theatre but my expectations have been lowered.
Caitlin M.
My most recent Marriott Hotel experience wasn’t the greatest. My family had spent a lot of money flying down to Florida for our cousins wedding in West Palm Beach. We stayed at a Marriott which was gorgeous. The outdoor area was stunning with tables, chairs, gas fire pits, and a pool. However, at 7am Saturday morning (the morning of the wedding) the fire alarm went off and all guests were told to evacuate. This itself wasn’t terrible, but what was is that the power had then gone out in the hotel. No rooms had power. Now, imagine getting ready for a black tie event happening that evening with NO power... it sucked.
Not only this, but we sat down for breakfast at the hotel restaurant and my husband, wearing a brand new shirt from a work trip, was drinking water and some of the condensation had dropped onto his shirt. Normally this would just dry out and fade, but his shirt was bleached. I’m assuming from the chemicals they wipe their tables with? This was extremely disappointing.
I’m hoping my next experience with Marriott is much better.
Himali B.
Denver, CO
We recently stayed at TownePlace Suites
for two weeks In broomfields, colorado . I would say the location is so convenient it's just next to Flatiron crossing mall & has a Walmart in walking distance. The staff is very friendly & helpful. They have great coffee & homemade chocolate chip cookies (both complimentary) which is a good thing for me as I need to have coffee everyday. The suites are very comfortable with fully functional kitchen equipped with dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator. They also have pay & use washer & dryer on the 1st floor.

One suggestion is they can improve on their breakfast variety & taste.

Overall a good comfortable stay !
Ashley R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We stayed at a Marriott a while back for a wedding. We called to ask if they allowed pets and the person told us they do and did not charge extra for it. Yet at time of check out they attempted to charge us an extra $100 for our cat even though there was no damage or extra cleaning needed. It was a ridiculous fight with the manager to get them to drop the charge. The staff was generally rude and didn’t have answers to any questions we asked. And it was expensive. It was not somewhere I’d want to stay again. The only redeeming qualities were the free breakfast and convenient location.
Erin B.
My parents belong to the Marriott Vacation Club so we have been staying at these hotels for years. I love their vacation club, and their point system that allows you to possibly earn free stays! My dad has their credit card that helps you rack up points since we travel often. I will always recommend Marriott hotels because I know you can count on a great stay. Their vacation club hotels feel like a home away from home. They are a world of their own and have so many things to do just in the resort itself that technically you could never leave and still have a great vacation!
Taylynn G.
I stayed in the Marriott in Indianapolis and the employee who was checking us on was very rude. We had originally asked for 2 queen size beds for 4 people and the reservation on her computer had is in one king. I had my printed out confirmation and she refused to change it even though there were some available. She then said she would change it if we payed a fee. The manager finally figured everything out but that one employee honestly ruined the experience. I would not return to that hotel again but their accommodations were nice so I would stay with the chain.
Bradleigh R.
Lakeside
I had the amazing opportunity to stay in their resort in Kaua’i on our honeymoon. What an incredible time we had! We almost didn’t want to leave! The staff is very friendly, the food is delicious, and don’t get me started on the view! The pool and jacuzzi are really nice and they have various activities going on daily. The room we stayed in wasn’t the most modern per se, but it was lovely and comfortable. We have plans to hopefully return soon!
Hugo L.
4630 Tarrega St. Sebring FL
I mean, you KNOW Marriott Resorts are TOP OF THE LINE when it comes to luxurious looks and AMAZING customer service. They treat every guest like royalty and in my experience, they really want you to feel like home and they usually take care immediately of any situation or complain you may have. Definitely a nice way of spending your vacations relaxing or just spending a night for fun. Extremely recommended.
Samantha💪 D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I am the biggest fan of Marriot. They have fantastic prices and deals and take such good care of their vip guests. I used a Marriot hotel the night before and of my wedding. They bumped my room up to give me a suite to use the morning of so I could get ready, free of charge. Any time I've had an issue, I felt taken care of and like my voice mattered. I will only use Marriot when available.
Kimberly L.
Indianapolis , IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Marriott and JW Marriott are always my go to when staying somewhere. We recently went to mall of America and staying at the JW not only gave us a beautiful room but was connected to the mall so we could venture over whenever we wanted too
Elizabeth F.
New rochelle, NY
Is this hotel pricey?????
Elodia C.
Long Beach, CA
Is this a good quality hotel for its price?
Lillie R.
Lake Mary, FL
Do they typically have free wifi?
Ashley H.
Birmingham, AL
Do you take advantage of the free breakfast? Do you like it?
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Does any of the Marriotts include breakfast?