Kellie A.
Keaau, HI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The Marriott is a nice place to stay at. Beautiful grounds and nice rooms. I especially liked the heated pool, definitely my cup of tea! This review would have five stars if they had handled a situation we experienced better. I felt as though because we weren’t the typical customer (we are locals or kamaaiana as we call it in Hawaii) they treated us differently. Our first night there our room door had somehow had the security latch lock from the inside with no one in there, therefore we couldn’t get back into the room. We waited 2 hours at 11oclock at night while I was 8 months pregnant for them to unlock the door. They sent us to the bar and let us have complimentary drinks, which wasn’t something I could do being pregnant and all. When we went to the front desk asking if there was somewhere else we could go because I needed to rest, or if we could just get another room, the employee told us there was nothing he could do until they inspected our room to make sure nothing was wrong. Meaning they thought somehow we did something to make the door security lock itself! Anyway, they finally got our door opened and then offered us a complimentary breakfast. I’m not saying we should’ve gotten our stay for free or something more than that, I just didn’t appreciate the way we were treated and the effort was poor in ensuring we were pleased with our stay.