BY MARRIOTT #1 in Hotels

Shanleigh M.
Londonderry, NH
I stayed at Wentworth by the Sea, a Marriot hotel in Portsmouth, NH. While the building itself was very beautiful and clean, it reminded me a bit of the resort in Dirty Dancing, in the sense that, it seemed they were trying to keep up with the times, but couldn’t quite do it. Everything was high priced, but I didn’t find anything delivered. Vegan and gluten free diets are not only now quite popular, but very well integrated into the area. The restaurant at the hotel offered I would say, less than bare minimum for my restrictions. I have celiac, so I was even more restricted as they did not have processes to avoid cross contamination, or additional options that would not touch gluten products. The food was not well seasoned. Lobster Fra Diavolo, full portioned, over $20, tasteless and maybe the meat of one claw, left me hungry still. Omelette in the morning tasted like hospital eggs and was wet with grease. Home fries seemed packaged. Really disappointing. The spa was even worse. I got a deep tissue massage that I could barely feel. There didn’t seem to be much effort, technique, or care put into it. For $140/hr, again, disappointed. I think they really need to attend some conventions, get involved in a cooking community, and pull the hotel out of the plateau its currently sitting on. Portsmouth is growing as an environmentally cautious, chic, foodie haven, and Wentworth will get left behind if it continues to offer subpar services at 5 star price.
Kayden C.
Alpharetta, GA
We just returned from our stay at the Phoenix Tempe at the Buttes Marriot and it was ridiculous. There were three of us, and a fourth joined for one night so we called many times to assure that we would have a rollaway bed for the fourth. We arrived, and they refused to give us one! We finally found a manager that helped us and gave us permission to use a rollaway, and we moved into the room. The beds were tiny, but the room itself was okay besides the bathroom. There was no real door separating the bathroom sinks and mirror, just a tiny separate room for a toilet and shower. Then, we went to the pool and spent $25 on breakfast. We left to put our cellphones in our room, and when we returned 10 minutes later, the pool boy had taken our items (bags, clothing, etc) and put them in the pool house, and had thrown away our breakfast! We had to track down our belongings and they had to comp us for the meal. Finally, the next day (day before checkout), we realized that we had been charged more than we had spent. They had put someone else’s $91 drink order on our room card, and charged our bank! We were given points and a bottle of wine, which is not sufficient compensation for the trouble we went through. However, the restaurant staff were very kind and helped to make the stay better. Overall, not worth the money paid.
Gina C.
Long Beach, CA
I LOVE Marriot Hotels! My family and I have stayed at many on vacations all over America. It is worth the price for sure because this hotel has so many amenities and stuff to do. The room and bathroom is always so clean and comfortable to stay at. There's usually a couch with a TV that carries a ton of movies and shows to watch, a table to eat at, a coffee machine which is super nice to have in the room, and a mini refrigerator to have some snacks or keep leftovers in. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the room is so spacious, especially for a family. I have a family of five, and we are always so comfortable staying in rooms at the Marriott. They usually have a computer room to do work on with free WIFI, which is great for anyone traveling on business. They usually have a library room to just relax and read in. They also have complimentary breakfast, as well as a really nice hotel restaurant to get drinks at or a quick meal if you don't want to drive somewhere in a city that you aren't very familiar with. The pool is always so clean and fun to swim in, and same with the hotel gym. This hotel just gives you everything you need and more to have the perfect vacation. I recommend Marriot Hotels highly!!
Dayna F.
I stayed at the Marriott Executive Apartments in Bangkok, Thailand and I can say that I enjoyed my stay. The hotel was in a perfect location to get around the city effectively. We arrived early like around 8:30 a.m to Bangkok due to the time difference and our room was not available yet. The staff at the front desk was very personable and accommodating. They wanted to make sure we were comfortable because they knew our flight was a long one. They gave us an option to freshen up inside the hotel with showers and bathrooms for the guest. We had breakfast, by the time we were finished they hurried to prepare us a room so that we could check-in early. I really appreciated that! Every time we encountered staff they were always making sure we had everything we needed. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. It was like having our own apartment. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. It’s been the best experience I’ve had at a Marriott and one of the nicest locations I’ve stayed.
Marieh S.
Atlanta, GA
I stated at the Marriott in Houston, Texas in March 2018. The staff there were super courteous. Although once I arrived, my room wasn’t ready but they still took my luggage and let me know there was a courtesy shuttle to the mall. I happily went to the mall while my room became ready. Once I was finished at the mall I called the driver and was promptly picked up.

My room was tidy, spacious, and comfortable. I ate breakfast lunch and dinner at the Marriott most nights of my stay and the food was delicious. Many times I had to restrain myself from over eating.

I loved the gym there and the pool. My favorite thing was the free washer and dryer. One thing a dread doing post-trips is my laundry, but I was glad that I could do it there. Once I arrived home the unpacking process was so easy.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to everyone.
Hina s.
Leawood, KS
I am a Marriott rewards card member so i try to stay at their properties whenever i travel, which is alot. I have noticed that the level of their services is very consistent throughout the globe. The beds are uber comfortable, toiletries are highend and the staff is very friendly and guest oriented.i mostly travel with my family and the rooms are always big enough to accommodate children.Good food is always a plus in my books.
So all in all a great hotel with great services and comfortable beddings , which by the way is the first thing i check in reviews before booking any hotels!Looking forward to make more memories with my family in 2018 💥✈️
Melissa S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Just stayed at Epicurean in Tampa on Saturday. The front of the hotel, and valet, are awkwardly setup. There was nobody there to greet us and two valet guys strolled by in front of the cars that were arriving as another pulled up next to us, requiring us to backup, so they could circle back into the garage.

I appreciated being greeted with a glass of wine (“glass” is how they word it but it’s nowhere near that). Eric (sp?) was very nice and took us to our room.

The room looked and smelled nice enough but seconds in I got a whiff of dog. I don’t know if they allow dogs there (ew), someone previously stayed that had dogs or what but the smell didn’t seem to stick around.

The coffee maker was a tassimo and there was a drawer with pods but we couldn’t get it to work and it looked old and dirty.

The shower looked inviting, with one shower head in the standard location and one over head.

The barn door to the restroom was beautiful and a nice touch but doesn’t allow for as much privacy. I didn’t notice, but may have missed, a vent/fan for shower steam. The toilet flush was really loud.

We tried to visit the rooftop bar after an early dinner elsewhere. I want to say it was 9pm and the door was locked and our room keys wouldn’t work. Apparently there were only a few people up there so they decided to close (in Tampa at 9pm?!?!). That explains a lot of the clientele we saw in the restaurant/lobby bar.

The room had a doorbell that, based on the button you pushed inside the room, will turn green if you want your room cleaned and red if you don’t want to be disturbed. Don’t trust it though as ours was red and housekeeping still knocked. It was probably about 11 and we were awake but it’s the principle.

All-in-all I would go there again and would like to try the restaurant and theatre but my expectations have been lowered.
Elizabeth M.
The Marriott hotel is honestly the best on the market. You can count on quality customer service. The staff has always been resourceful and helpful. we are always treated kindly and with respect. I have never had an issue with the Marriott. Most of the Marriott Hotels I believe are four star and higher. Usually there is a pool, a small gym, and complimentary breakfast. These three things are a must for me when I'm traveling. Marriott hotels are also located in the most central part of whatever City I'm traveling to. This is so helpful getting to anywhere or finding transportation. Not to mention the Marriott Reward system is top of the line. Is the only one that I have stuck with. I would recommend the Marriott to anyone looking for a place to stay with quality service and a great location.
Cristina G.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
As a former hotel designer, Marriott was my least favorite client. (Now I can finally say that out loud and now fear my designs will be rejected!)

What you may not know and this is true for every brand, for a hotel to maintain the brands name/affiliation, the owner must abide by the brands standards. One standard is renovation every certain number of years. Every architect and designer must submit their work to the brands design team for review and approval. No construction or purchasing can be made without the signed off approval from someone on brand design team. Same goes for new builds. This is how brands maintain brand identification from city to city.

Marriott is known for being the problem child. I mean have you’ve seen their colors? Yes, they make designers pick (or they pick it themselves) those hideous bright colors! Marriott markets themselves to daily business travelers. I don’t know, that’s good but not everyone is a business traveler especially in high tourist cities. It’s ridiculous when your adding features that are not needed because the Marriott design team says you have to when you know that feature will never be used and is a waste of money.

I’ve only stay in one Marriott property since leaving the design world. I had to for a family wedding. The service was horrible. They tried to charge me for a meal I never ordered. I had to call two times to get towels bc there were none when I checked in. I won’t be staying in a Marriott unless it’s free and even then, I’ll have to give it serious consideration.
RachelMarie A.
Philadelphia , PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I stayed at the Marriott in Boston and was very disappointed in my stay. The first room I went into was so dirty. There were stains in the bed and hair, plus the bathroom had clear messes that had dried. I was then moved to a suite and it was also not very clean, found hair in the bed but it had the additional problem of the ac unit in the bedroom not working and the ac unit in the living room was extremely loud and didn’t get cold enough to cool down the bedroom. I never got a discount for the bad stay and the staff member gave me an issue after I gave them my paperwork to have taxes removed from my stay (I was staying for work and I work for a 501c3 organization) I probably won’t stay at that Marriott ever again.
Elizabeth F.
New rochelle, NY
Is this hotel pricey?????
Elodia C.
Long Beach, CA
Is this a good quality hotel for its price?
Lillie R.
Lake Mary, FL
Do they typically have free wifi?
Ashley H.
Birmingham, AL
Do you take advantage of the free breakfast? Do you like it?
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Does any of the Marriotts include breakfast?