BY MARPAC #76 in Spa Accessories

The Original Sound Conditioner, formerly known as the Sleepmate/Sound Screen 980A. A white noise sleep sound machine. DS=dual speed. The Dohm-DS by Marpac effectively masks unwanted noises and creates a sense of calm, making it easier to concentrate, relax, or get some serious sleep. This white noise generator is recommended for restless sleepers, shift workers, infants, children, students, apartment dwellers, and many others. The Original Sound Conditioner first introduced in 1962; now in its 4th generation design. The Dohm-DS features two speeds, for greater flexibility in tone and volume. Creates the soothing sound of rushing air, known as "white noise"-  with two speed operation for a greater range of sound. Provides excellent nois. see more...

Buy on Target*
Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.
Simpsonville, SC
When you live in an apartment complex directly in front of the air conditioning unit you about loose your mind when you try to sleep, every. single. night.

I tried EVERYTHING, sound proof foam in front my windows, playing music when I slept, and playing ridiculous sounds on my phone before sleeping to try and drown out the noise.

When I stumbled upon this little life saving gadget in Bed Bath & Beyond I just HAD to try it, and let me tell you it's saved my life.

I sleep better, longer, and wake up a lot happier. I even bring it with me when I travel, it's that good. I highly recommend this to anyone that has difficulty sleeping because of noise.

lori s.
lori s.
Sparta, TN
Anyone that has to have a box fan to sleep really needs to try this! i had slept with a fan for years for the noise and would freeze in the winter! i got this online from walmart and was the best thing i have done! it makes more noise then the fan or u can change it to make softer sound. great to packing and taking for over night.
Ashley c.
Ashley c.
Raleigh, NC
I've had trouble sleeping because of background noise for years. I finally bought this because I live in a duplex and my neighbors are loud and erratic in behavior, arguing and moving furniture around at 3:00 am. I was afraid to even try to sleep at home after several days with little sleep and my roommate made me buy this because I was ready to move out.

This product is great. It makes a very fan-like sound, but with no mechanical or cycling sounds, or rattling. This is just a constant whoosh. It has two speeds and you can change the sound of the whoosh by changing the postition of the vent holes on the device. It has a switch right on the side of it, not on the cord so it's easy to use. It's even padded on the bottom to make sure it doesn't vibrate.

I used the low setting last night and slept through the night for the first time in the month since the crazy animals downstairs moved in.

I've been relying on ceiling fans and box fans for background noise for years, this is much better. It's a fuller sound, it covers more, and it doesn't make me cold.

As many others have said in previous reviews, this is unlike those pre-recorded white noise sounds. This cannot repeat, because it's actually making the sound as you hear it.

I travel for a living and stay in a lot of hotels. I look forward to taking this thing with me and blocking out the sounds of neighbor's TV's and talking and vehicles, etc. . . It's very small and lightweight, and seems durable.

I don't know why I didn't buy this sooner. Shooting my neighbors is the only thing that would help me sleep better, but this is legal so perhaps a better choice.
Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.
Buffalo, NY
I used to sleep with a box fan every night, even when it was freezing just so I can sleep with some white noise. According to my sleep tracker on my phone, I have been sleeping longer and deeper since I got this white noise maker. I don't wake up to the city sirens and or storms outside anymore.
Kate C.
Kate C.
Working in a massage practice I find these necessary when you have multiple sessions going on. Unfortunately not every session is quiet, as some therapists need to communicate often with their clients (I.e. deep tissue treatments) this is great to help drown out background noise. With that said I wish it had a few more levels of sound. I find I have to put a towel on it soon can hear the music playing during a treatment
Bailey D.
Bailey D.
Woodbridge , VA
I use mine every night and it's very calming. I don't even like sleeping with out it on anymore
Aubrey B.
Aubrey B.
My favorite sound machine. My daughter sleeps with white noise and we love our dohm.
Julie G.
Julie G.
Atlanta, GA
My husband and I found out about this soundmaker from our friend with twins. They used it in the hospital to cut the outside noise while she was on bed rest. We quickly realized if it worked in a busy hospital, it would certainly work better than our box fan in the corner of our room with its sole purpose being to create white noise. The dohm is AWESOME, so awesome I almost gave up coveted carry-on space to bring it on vacation with me. We use it every night. Two settings (regular/high) and then you can twist the shell right/left to find the right white noise for you. Simple, yet fantastic. It's quickly becoming a go-to gift for family and friends who complain they can't sleep!
Michele M.
Michele M.
Muskegon, MI
This thing creates the most peaceful white noise on planet earth. Eventually you learn that you can't live without it, and when it is shutoff, you crave to have it turned back on again!
Anna D.
Anna D.
Fresno, CA
I've had trouble sleeping because of background noise for years. I used the low setting last night and slept through the night for the first time in the month since!