BY HYPERION BOOKS FOR CHILDREN

Annabeth returns in third installment of the biggest series yet from Rick Riordan, author of the #1 New York Times best-selling Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles, and Percy Jackson andamp; the Olympians series. In The Son of Neptune, Percy, Hazel, and Frank met in Camp Jupiter, the Roman equivalent of Camp Halfblood, and traveled to the land beyond the gods to complete a dangerous quest. The third book in the Heroes of Olympus series will unite them with Jason, Piper, and Leo. But they number only six-who will complete the Prophecy of Seven? The Greek and Roman demigods will have to cooperate in order to defeat the giants released by the Earth Mother, Gaea. Then they will have to sail together to the ancient land-Greece itself-to find the Doors of Death. What exactly are the Doors of Death? Much of the prophesy remains a mystery. With old friends and new friends joining forces, a marvelous ship, fearsome foes, and an exotic setting, The Mark of Athena promises to be another unforgettable adventure by master storyteller Rick Riordan. Contributors: Rick Riordan (www. rickriordan.com) is the author of the # 1 New York Times best-selling The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero; The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune; the #1 New York Times best-selling The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid; The Kane Chronicles, Book Two: The Throne of Fire; as well as the five books in the #1 New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. His previous novels for adults include the hugely popular Tres Navarre series, winner of the top three awards in the mystery genre. He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife and two sons. see more...

Áine R.
I (as with every other book in this series) loved this book. It was when the Roman and the Greek chosen demigods finally were united. It displayed some of the initial issues between the two sides and made Annabeth look like a badass in the beginning. I would recommend.
Gissela E.
Laredo, TX
I went into this series not expecting much to be honest and boy was I blown by it. I love how he expands the Demigod universe by introducing the Roman Camp and I especially love the whole mystery surrounding not only Percy but all the new characters. I was worried that Rick R was going to push Percy aside, but again I was wrong 😊 he brought so much more to an already loved character!
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
This story is super good. Very fast paced. The spin off series off Percy Jackson was a really good idea. This series is just as good and this book in particular is really well written. You must read this.
Alyssa K.
Spokane, WA
I loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and was so excited about this continuing series and loved the book before this one but didn't love this one quite as much...I honestly don't know why...I still liked it and enjoyed it but just not as much as the last ones
Diana G.
I love Ricks books and I started reading them before The Mark of Athena came out and I remember beggingg my mom to buy me the book and it has now becomes my favorite so far, right next to the Titans Curse.
Becky C.
Kingston, PA
I really enjoyed this one. It's probably one of my favorites in the whole series just because of all the twists and turns it took. It was a very enjoyable read, especially since I adore Annabeth and she had a very large role in this book.
Josie M.
Muscle Shoals, AL
I love both Percy Jackson series and this book while I don't necessarily love it the most but I definitely read it the quickest! I could not put it down! I read all 10 books in less than a month and this one took me less than eight hours!! Definitely recommend this entire series to anyone who has not read it already!
Rachel S.
Camarillo, CA
I like this series until this book, I read half way through it and got so bored I never finished the book. I like the series but this one was really boring
Stephanie O.
This book was okay, not the best in the series, but still pretty well written, I would recommend it as well, just to finish the series!
Liah C.
It is a heart melting book. Especially the last part. It's got a great twist. I love PJ series and HOO series. This is the saddest book! Like all the other books of this series this is amazing. Annabeth goes on a quest alone and that is the highlight of the book.