BY NINTENDO

Hit the road with the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and play anytime, anywhere! Race your friends or battle them in a revised battle mode on new and returning battle courses. Play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing in TV Mode. Every track from the Wii U version, including DLC, makes a glorious return. Plus, the Inklings appear as all-new guest characters, along with returning favorites, such as King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr. see more...

• Ist worth to buy this game?5 Answers
  • hello! how does this compare with mario kart 7?2 Answers
  • I have Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U already, and hesitant t...2 Answers
Katie D.
I grew up playing Mario Kart on the N64 with my sister. I got this game when I first bought my Switch when it came out (mostly because there weren't many games in the beginning). I love this new Mario Kart. There are many maps that are the same as the originals with just slight changes. It brings back many memories growing up and playing. I also love all the new maps and newer characters to choose from. I've seen a variety of people commenting that at times, it seems that the game is "pushing" them away from taking side roads, etc. I was having that issue also for a while but figured out that when you have the "auto drive" turned on, it will do that to you to keep you on the road. If you turn it off when you do regular maps that have those side roads, it will allow you to take the side roads, shortcuts, etc. I typically keep it on if I am doing Rainbow Road or a map that doesn't have those extra side roads because it will help keep your car on the map during the race and not fall off the edge. Overall, super fun game and super nostalgic for those of us who grew up playing the original on the N64.
Amy G.
Manasquan, NJ
As soon as I saw that this was coming out, I had to preorder it. I absolutely love Mario party! It’s such a fun game to play! And I love that with the pre order it came with two steering wheels. I had to purchase more anyways because we have guests that come over sometimes. But it was around $60 and the extra controllers were $20. But awesome game for families or solo, or friends!
Sydney H.
Williams, AZ.
This made my inner child super duper happy!  My husband and I recently got the nintendo switch, and we love this game!  I think at one point, he had to pry me off of the game to go to bed, haha.  I also love how you can play as ALL of the nintendo characters, such as Link, some Animal Crossing characters, etc.  Such a fun game.  Worth the buy!
Wessam S.
Wheeling , IL
I don’t think I will ever get sick of mario kart games. This has such pretty graphics and I love that they included and revamped some of the older tracks. A must add to your collection and must play. I love the online aspect since I don’t have anyone to race with and I don’t want to always race com. Overall my favorite
Shannon B.
Lexington, SC
Beautiful graphics and design. I love the fact that they bring back some of the old races. Game play is still the same which makes it easy to control. It is a lot easier than previous versions but still fun to race. There also seem to be some glitchy moments where it won't let you jump certain roads to get to ramps and such. It literally seems like it's pushing you away from that side.

Great to play alone or with friends. Ability to play like you would with a standard controller and ability to play like you're holding a steering wheel.

Priced the same as all Switch games at $59.95.
Gina R.
Appleton, WI
Super fun. I actually play a video game with my boyfriend, now. I haven't played video games since N64, and Mario Kart was basically the only game I played then, and it's fun to play again now. I even love the classic versions of tracks. Fun!
Ella S.
This game made me very happy! I’ve been a Mario kart fan my whole life, and this one has to be my favorite. The levels are so beautiful and so fun to play. I love the 200cc as well, even though it’s pretty hard!
Lacey N.
Saginaw, MI
My boyfriend and I both love playing this. There is a good variety of characters and vehicles, and the tracks are really entertaining. We've had this game for a couple of months now and are still finding new things! The only thing we notice that we don't like on this game is the handling seems off now and then. Overall this is a great Mario Kart.
Ashley C.
opelousas La
So much fun. An wonderful addition to an online of games. I play with my husband and kids and we all get very competitive. Great family fun and reminiscent of playing when I was younger.
Micheal U.
Albertville
Purchased at: Walmart
Absolutely love this game in multiplayer it is so super competitive and endlessly fun when playing with friends. The only con to this game I could see it getting boring pretty quickly in single player based on the lack of a story mode but it is a must have party game for multiplayers. It’s a fun time that brings out plenty of nostalgia.
Lorraine R.
Vallejo, CA
Ist worth to buy this game?
Marissa R.
Philadelphia, PA
I have Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U already, and hesitant to get this for my Switch. Is there a big difference between the two? Is this worth purchasing or should I hold off?
olivia a.
London, London
hello! how does this compare with mario kart 7?