BY NINTENDO #67 in Nintendo Games

The newest installment of the fan-favorite mario kart franchise brings mushroom kingdom racing fun into glorious 3-D. For the first time, drivers explore new competitive kart possibilities, such as soaring through the skies or plunging to the depths of the sea. New courses, strategic new abilities and customizable karts bring the racing excitement to new heights. see more...

• Is this game any good?? Is it worth the money?2 Answers
  • How does this one compare to Mario kart 8? I haven't play...3 Answers
  • Is this the best game on the 3ds 7 Answers
Buy on Target*
  • "Mario Cart is always a fun game to play with a group of your friends." in 1 review
Amanda M.
Lebanon, OR
This came pre=installed on my 2DS and it is fun. It has all of the regular features of a Mario Kart game. i think the coin and balloon battles are especially fun. I also really like the communication features which let you play with players online if you don't have anyone to play with locally. I think that's really important because Mario Kart, at its heart, is about group play, and without other people it can be boring.
Cali B.
One of my favorite games. It's fun and challenging. You can play by yourself, with friends who also have game, and you can also go online in the "online multiplayer mode" This lets you connect with others all around the world and race against them for the better time. In single player mode you can play on 4 different challenges.

1. Grand Prix: In this mode you can race against the other character in the game for the trophy. Each round consists of 4, three lap races.

2.Time Trails: You race alone for the fastest time.

3. Balloon Battle: You can play on a team or on your own. The idea is to pop the opponents balloons before time runs out or before they pop all of your.

4. Coin Runners: In coin runners you grab as many coins as you can before the other players do. You also pick up little things like shells or banana peels that can be used against the opponent's.

There is also a "Mario Kart Channel" option. If you use StreetPass, you will sometime receive "Ghost data". You can use this option to beat past scores set by other players. You may also run across you own ghost data recorded from the time trails mode. This gives you the chance to race against yourself and beat your own score.

Hope this review helps anyone who wanted to know more about the game.
Ashley J.
Gamer Expert Level 1
This game can keep you occupied for hours! It's so fun! You can play solo or connect with a friend and race them as well! This is my go to game on my lunch breaks haha. Highly recommend it's fun for any age!
Jessika G.
Cartersville, GA
Really like this Mario kart! One of my favorites overall! Very entertaining with very good controls and very easy to figure out! Could definitely be replayed over and over again! Would definitely recommend
Carrie C.
Altamonte Spg, FL
Gamer Expert Level 1
Love love love. Play this with my kids and my husband and alone. Peach is my favorite! Timeless game to enjoy with everyone. Nothing else really like it. Good value. 100% would recommend!
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA
I received this when I bought my refurbished Nintendo 2ds from Nintendo. During the whole Pokemon craze the Nintendo 2ds/3ds were going sold out everywhere. I wanted to get my hands on the 2ds to play the Pokemon games, and it was a plus to also receive this. My boyfriend also has it, which is a great plus as well, because we are able to play together which is something we enjoy to do. I haven't been playing video games for about two years or more now. I've always been a Nintendo girl, through and through, since their very first consoles. I recently just got back into PC gaming and I also have a PlayStation 4 now. Although, I really enjoy this game. When I first started, I sucked. I was holding my thumb on the joystick incredibly hard and I'd end up hurting it. The graphics and game play are great though. Now after some time I can actually keep up with my boyfriend. He is still better than me, and still beats me every time. But there have been moments where I'm oh so close to winning, and he just throws an item and I get thrown off. Definitely a game worth playing!
Bella P.
Such a fun game! Mario Kart is a classic that never gets old. This is probably the best game I have for my 3DS. There are four different modes, and though there are limited character choices, you can earn vehicles and wheels with points. I love that some tracks are the same as the Wii game too! THIS IS JUST SUCH A FUN GAME. seriously though XD get it
Deanna M.
Mario Kart has always been my number one game on any machine. Love it for the DS. Great for long car rides and keeps you busy. This one is loads of fun with customizing your car and all the maps you can choose from! Lots of new ones and old ones from previous games. Me and my brother play this on multiplayer with our DS! Loads of fun.
Amy S.
Midland, GA
My son plays this game on his Nintendo 3DS. It loves to beat his best score. I can say it can be a little addicting. You can change the cars and the drivers when you play it. He can also connect vie the Internet and play with others around him. I think this is a pretty cool feature! Great for long trips on the road!!!
Kassie B.
Aurora, IL
Gamer Expert Level 4
This is such a fun game to play on my nintendo 3ds xl! I own a few mario kart games for the wii and wii u. These are really fun games to pass the time with! It's just all around fun with no thought involved. It's fun to compete with other players online as well!! I hate how the original wii took the online function off to force people to try to buy the Wii U! Not everyone has the money. I love these Mario Kart games though.
keion j.
Newark, NJ
Is this the best game on the 3ds
Tom B.
Rexburg, ID
How does this one compare to Mario kart 8? I haven't played Mario kart a lot but I really like 8.
Austin M.
Kalkaska MI
Is this game any good?? Is it worth the money?