BY MARIO BADESCU #82 in Facial Cleansers

Powerful Glycolic Acid formula. Retexturizes and rejuvenates. Reveals radiant, youthful skin.

Ingredients

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Aqua (Water, Eau), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycolic Acid, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Leaf/Root Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,Diazolidinyl Urea

How To Use

Replace your regular cleanser 1-3 times a week (1-2 times for Dry to Combination skin, and 2-3 times for Combination and Oily). Massage onto wet skin using upward, circular motions, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. If product gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

*Not recommended for use with topical prescriptions, acne-erupted, or sensitive skin. Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs, rinse well with water. If irritation develops and persists, discontinue use. Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using this product.

• I just ordered the Mario Badescu glycolic acid cleanser, ...2 Answers
  • I have oily acne prone skin will this help?1 Answers
  • is this better than Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel ?2 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "Love foaming cleansers and fell in love with this one! It removes makeup and really has helped my combo to oily prone skin. I've finally found one that I'll be sticking with that's also gentle enough for my sensitive skin. It's a great buy! You won't be disapointed." in 55 reviews
  • "I've found that products with the glycerin work great on my skin." in 1 review
  • "I received a sample a long time ago and haven't had a chance to buy it again ." in 1 review
Hannh B.
Milwaukee , WI
This product seriously changed my skin game!! I originally purchased this years ago, but didn't use it consistently so it ended up sitting in a drawer and I saw no change. A couple of weeks ago, my skin was in a terrible place and I found this again, desperate to try anything to fix my skin. I committed to using it as directed, twice a week as my skin is on the drier side. I can't say enough about this cleanser. My breakouts have decreased dramatically, to the point where I went from having bad hormonal acne on my chin to now where I have no active breakouts, just red marks left from old breakouts. This cleanser has helped the texture of skin, getting rid of little bumps so that my skin looks and feels smoother and tighter. I can also see it slowly working to fade hyperpigmentation and dark spots. My skin will be looking dull and gross, but once I use this I can instantly tell the next day. Overall, I've been happy with the state of my skin every since I started using this again about 2-3 months ago. My only advice is to follow the instructions and only use it 2-3 times a week! You'll see results instantly from 1-2 uses, but your skin can't handle is more than 3 times a week.
Sincere L.
Madison, GA
I have severely oily skin with obnoxiously large pores along with the inevitable blackheads. I have tried the acne gel cleanser and found that product to do nothing but cause more issues. But after speaking to my esthetician, she advised me to look into a foaming cleanser to combat my oils rather than a gel. So I decided to give this product a try, and have completely fallen in love. On the bottle, the instructions say to use in combination with your daily cleanser and only use 3 times a week. But unfortunately, I don't listen so well, and used it more often than advised and used without the aid of a daily cleanser. Thankfully, there were no bad side effects and, in fact, my skin actually looked great! This is not to say that you should not follow directions, but it is to simply show how this product gets the job done! Since fully reading the instructions, I have began to use this without a daily cleanser but have not reduced the amount of times I use it throughout the week - And yes, I am still loving it.

This product has quickly become my ride-or-die skincare cleanser to help truly clean deep into my pores and provide overall radiance to my skin complexion! Would 100% recommend if you skin is anything like my own.
Jackie H.
Hopkins
I have dry, dehydrated skin prone to flaking and acne. I purchased this cleanser for exfoliation, and it absolutely gets the job done. I would caution people with sensitive skin - this cleanser is intense. I don’t have sensitive skin and I can’t use it more than once or twice a week without getting too dry or irritated. This is the first glycolic cleanser I’ve used so I’m not sure if the smell is typical for all glycolic or just this. I use with a Clarisonic, and in that 60 seconds the smell/fumes start to sting my eyes a little. But if you’re not particularly sensitive to smell or strong skin stuff, this product is wonderful!
KiiLove K.
Elk Grove Village
This is hands down one of my favorite exfoliating cleansers ever! I have acne prone skin, with scars and just after one use my scars looked less noticeable! I ordered a sample kit from the website and ended up getting this cleanser as a free sample! I also have sensitive skin and this was gentle enough to where I didn’t see any negative effects. I’m so in love with this cleanser and can not wait to buy more! Using this product I have seen amazing results and I definitely recommend trying it!
Amista B.
New Lexington, OH
I like to use this once a week in conjunction with the Glycolic Acid Cleansing Lotion (toner). I can tell that it helps gently exfoliate my skin and overall even out my skin tone ever so slightly. It does foam as the bottle says, you can easily work a tiny bit of it into a lather for your entire face. My only real complaint is that it drys in the bottle cap and clogs the opening after every single use. I’ve yet to find a way to prevent this without taking the cap off and rinsing our all excess product after each use, which would be time consuming and a waste of product.
elisabeth b.
Macomb, MI
Since I've started using prescription strength retinol, my dermatologist recommended I avoid scrubs or harsh exfoliation. I tried this as a chemical alternative, and fell in love! I use it 1-2 times per week and after about a minute of lathering, it melts off the top couple of layers of my skin and leaves me totally refreshed and exfoliated. I don't miss scrubbing one bit, because this does the trick without any scrubbing at all. I don't find it to be too irritating either. It does, however, sting around my lips and I find that if I don't properly moisturize my lips after using, they get peely around my lip border.
erika z.
I had originally bought this to use as a daily face cleanser since it says cleanser in the name, so imagine my surprise when it turned out to be an exfoliator. I first used this twice a week but a few months ago I started using it three times a week. I like this exfoliator because it's a chemical exfoliant as opposed to those with actual scrubbing particles in it so it's supposed to be gentler to your skin. Whether it makes a huge difference in my skin or not I'm not sure, but it's not a bad exfoliator.
Katy E.
Johnson City, TN
I LOVE this product so much and use it at least twice a week for the last year and a half. It is perfect for sloughing off the dry skin after a chemical peel, fading dark spots, shrinking the appearance of pores and smoothing out fine lines. My skin glows. I have purchased this product twice and am about to purchase it again. It works well and it isn’t a fortune.
Andrea D.
Wow. This smoothed out my skin and noticeably reduced my pores after just 1 use! My skin looked and felt the so smooth! You’ve got to use circular motions and work it into skin for at least 2-3 minutes. I use this 3-4 times a week now (not recommended to use daily) and have definitely seen improvement with my overall skin texture. I have oily skin and hormonal acne. I also tend to breakout easily from lots of skincare and makeup products, no issues with this one! I’ll definitely continue to use this.
Halley L.
My skin seems to really respond well to this glycolic acid treatment! I don’t have terrible acne but I do have my fair share of small breakouts and my bigger issue is texture and acne scarring. I feel like my skin immediately feels smoother and looks clearer when I use this product. It’s definitely worth it! I got mine on HauteLook for half off, which I recommend doing when it’s on sale there. It’s a really wonderful addition to my skincare routine.
Shannon M.
Layton, UT
Does this smell good?
Addlia E.
Atlanta, GA
Does this product work well? Where can I find it?
LaMiyaa H.
Duluth, GA
Did this dry your face out ?
Caroline H.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this work well with the treatment of hormonal acne? Specially around the jaw and chin area.
Jessica T.
I want to try this product out, but does it dry out sensitive skin? I want something I can use everyday. Please help!