BY MARIO BADESCU

Powerful Glycolic Acid formula. Retexturizes and rejuvenates. Reveals radiant, youthful skin.

Ingredients

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Aqua (Water, Eau), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycolic Acid, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Leaf/Root Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,Diazolidinyl Urea

How To Use

Replace your regular cleanser 1-3 times a week (1-2 times for Dry to Combination skin, and 2-3 times for Combination and Oily). Massage onto wet skin using upward, circular motions, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. If product gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

*Not recommended for use with topical prescriptions, acne-erupted, or sensitive skin. Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs, rinse well with water. If irritation develops and persists, discontinue use. Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using this product.

• Should I use a glycolic acid toner if I already use a gly...4 Answers
  • how does this work on oily/combination skin?1 Answers
  • I just ordered the Mario Badescu glycolic acid cleanser, ...2 Answers
Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser
  • "Love foaming cleansers and fell in love with this one! It removes makeup and really has helped my combo to oily prone skin. I've finally found one that I'll be sticking with that's also gentle enough for my sensitive skin. It's a great buy! You won't be disapointed." in 55 reviews
  • "I've found that products with the glycerin work great on my skin." in 1 review
  • "I received a sample a long time ago and haven't had a chance to buy it again ." in 1 review
Hannh B.
Milwaukee, WI
This product seriously changed my skin game!! I originally purchased this years ago, but didn't use it consistently so it ended up sitting in a drawer and I saw no change. A couple of weeks ago, my skin was in a terrible place and I found this again, desperate to try anything to fix my skin. I committed to using it as directed, twice a week as my skin is on the drier side. I can't say enough about this cleanser. My breakouts have decreased dramatically, to the point where I went from having bad hormonal acne on my chin to now where I have no active breakouts, just red marks left from old breakouts. This cleanser has helped the texture of skin, getting rid of little bumps so that my skin looks and feels smoother and tighter. I can also see it slowly working to fade hyperpigmentation and dark spots. My skin will be looking dull and gross, but once I use this I can instantly tell the next day. Overall, I've been happy with the state of my skin every since I started using this again about 2-3 months ago. My only advice is to follow the instructions and only use it 2-3 times a week! You'll see results instantly from 1-2 uses, but your skin can't handle is more than 3 times a week.
Sincere L.
Atlanta, GA
I have severely oily skin with obnoxiously large pores along with the inevitable blackheads. I have tried the acne gel cleanser and found that product to do nothing but cause more issues. But after speaking to my esthetician, she advised me to look into a foaming cleanser to combat my oils rather than a gel. So I decided to give this product a try, and have completely fallen in love. On the bottle, the instructions say to use in combination with your daily cleanser and only use 3 times a week. But unfortunately, I don't listen so well, and used it more often than advised and used without the aid of a daily cleanser. Thankfully, there were no bad side effects and, in fact, my skin actually looked great! This is not to say that you should not follow directions, but it is to simply show how this product gets the job done! Since fully reading the instructions, I have began to use this without a daily cleanser but have not reduced the amount of times I use it throughout the week - And yes, I am still loving it.

This product has quickly become my ride-or-die skincare cleanser to help truly clean deep into my pores and provide overall radiance to my skin complexion! Would 100% recommend if you skin is anything like my own.
Jackie H.
Hopkins
I have dry, dehydrated skin prone to flaking and acne. I purchased this cleanser for exfoliation, and it absolutely gets the job done. I would caution people with sensitive skin - this cleanser is intense. I don’t have sensitive skin and I can’t use it more than once or twice a week without getting too dry or irritated. This is the first glycolic cleanser I’ve used so I’m not sure if the smell is typical for all glycolic or just this. I use with a Clarisonic, and in that 60 seconds the smell/fumes start to sting my eyes a little. But if you’re not particularly sensitive to smell or strong skin stuff, this product is wonderful!
Nam K.
Chicago
CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS! I discovered this product via a youtube skin care video. After using it for a month, fell in love with it. I use it once a week on a daily basis as an exfoliator. It does dry your skin, so definitely do not recommend it on a daily basis and also make sure your moisturize afterwards. It really helps with acne and even those tough icky cystic kind. If I feel like I will have a major breakout, I use as needed and within a day or two... it’s all under control. Just be sure to moisturize after using this. Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser
Amista B.
New Lexington, OH
I like to use this once a week in conjunction with the Glycolic Acid Cleansing Lotion (toner). I can tell that it helps gently exfoliate my skin and overall even out my skin tone ever so slightly. It does foam as the bottle says, you can easily work a tiny bit of it into a lather for your entire face. My only real complaint is that it drys in the bottle cap and clogs the opening after every single use. I’ve yet to find a way to prevent this without taking the cap off and rinsing our all excess product after each use, which would be time consuming and a waste of product.
elisabeth b.
Macomb, MI
Since I've started using prescription strength retinol, my dermatologist recommended I avoid scrubs or harsh exfoliation. I tried this as a chemical alternative, and fell in love! I use it 1-2 times per week and after about a minute of lathering, it melts off the top couple of layers of my skin and leaves me totally refreshed and exfoliated. I don't miss scrubbing one bit, because this does the trick without any scrubbing at all. I don't find it to be too irritating either. It does, however, sting around my lips and I find that if I don't properly moisturize my lips after using, they get peely around my lip border.
erika z.
I had originally bought this to use as a daily face cleanser since it says cleanser in the name, so imagine my surprise when it turned out to be an exfoliator. I first used this twice a week but a few months ago I started using it three times a week. I like this exfoliator because it's a chemical exfoliant as opposed to those with actual scrubbing particles in it so it's supposed to be gentler to your skin. Whether it makes a huge difference in my skin or not I'm not sure, but it's not a bad exfoliator.
Rebeca H.
Minneapolis, MN
I got serious about my skincare routine a couple months ago and I was given this cleanser as part of my skin analysis sample kit. Within a week of using this, I saw the results and I went ahead and bought a full sized bottle. I have combination skin and it's gentle enough to exfoliate on my sensitive skin (I had bad acne back in the day so I'm careful on what to use on my face). My skin is brighter and more even tone from using this!
Deanna J.
Pleasanton, CA
I just started using this because I changed my skin care routine because now I don’t really have any acne to take care for and I just need to get rid of the hyper pigmentation left from the pimples (my dermatologist told me they weren’t acne scars). I read that this helped with getting rid of hyper pigmentation because it gets rid of dead skin. I normally have oily skin and this works well with that. I had dry skin for a couple of day and I used this to get rid of the dead skin and it helped a lot. It stings my eyes so I keep them closed while using this on my face. I do recommend this to any skin type because it worked well for my oily and dry skin.

Update: I no longer use this product because I think it was starting to make my skin dry and bumpy but it could’ve been another product but after I stopped using this my skin has been getting back to normal so I’m not sure about this product anymore.
jewelz p.
Los Angeles , CA
It is an affordable glycolic cleanser that boasts a claim to tighten and clean the face. I felt my face Extra squeaky clean but it did dry me up if I used it more than twice a week. I suggest you only use it once a week to give your skin time to regenerate its oils because I felt the drought for a while. The best thing is it did shrink my pores!! I loved it for that reason! Don’t forget to moisturize!
Shannon M.
Layton , UT
Does this smell good?
Dhanya N.
Seremban
Should I use a glycolic acid toner if I already use a glycolic cleanser? I have dark scars on my cheeks and I learned that glycolic acid will help with fading them away. So I got the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and I use this 3 times a week. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and at first the results were pretty good. My skin felt better, my scars had lightened a little bit but now I don't really feel anything. I'm now considering to get [product:the-ordinary-glycolic-acid-7%-toning-solution] for everyday use and hopefully faster effects. Is this a good idea? If no what are your suggestions? I have dry skin and my scars form on my cheeks as you can see in the picture.
Addlia E.
Atlanta, GA
Does this product work well? Where can I find it?
Kelly M.
Katy, TX
I just started using this facial cleanser and so far I like it. However I'm worried about it drying out my skin. How can I prevent this?
ADRI N.
i want to get this but is it affortable?