BY MARIO BADESCU #2 in Face Mists

Cult-favorite. Makeup artist must-have. Revitalizes with dewy radiance. Boosts moisture and glow.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water, Eau), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rosa Canina Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

How To Use

Mist onto face, neck, or hair as needed. Use it to infuse more hydration before or after applying moisturizer, as a pick-me-up on the go, or post-makeup application to give skin a dewy finish. If product gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

Mahina R.
Minneapolis
I saw that this product had some of the highest ratings out there so I thought I would test it out for myself. I have tried to apply this product in the three different recommended ways: 1) Pre- Moisturizer 2) Post moisturizer 3)”Setting/Refresher” Spray. Using this in pre-moisturizer mode left my skin feeling sticky and icky, and due to my oily skin, it just didn’t give me the results I was personally looking for. If you are on the drier side and you don’t mind that dewy look/feel this is going to fall better into your categories of use than mine.

Again, the reviews were raving so I went in and tried to use this product after moisturizing my skin. It was definitely a step up from bare skin the first time around. This product still didn’t give me what I wanted regarding texture, and it felt a little less sticky and warranted some kind of powdery follow-up (foundation, translucent powder, etc.) I found better results doing the sandwich method: 1) facial spray 2)powder 3) facial spray 4) blot and blend.

In the “Setting/Refresher” Spray mode I found a winner. Oily skin for my beauty routine means a liquid matte or and powder foundation especially if I’m baking followed by a translucent powder. I found that this Facial Spray does a  great job of meshing the dry products together and helps my makeup feel and look more natural.

I took off two stars since I had to play around with different ways to make this product work and my experience didn't quite match the hype and star rating I was expecting.  MARIO BADESCU Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater
Adriana M.
I bought this product from Nordstrom full-price hoping I would love it. I'd heard many good things and decided to try it myself.

Pros: The fragrance is lovely. It smells just like roses and is a nice pick me up during the day (if you are bare-faced). The dispenser is small so you are able to take it on the go and use as needed.

Cons: The mist never fully "dries". After application, my skin felt sticky and looked oily instead of hydrated. I figured it was because I hadn't given the mist enough dry time, but the stickiness continued throughout the day. I didn't feel that it did anything for my skin either. As far as hydration or toning, I didn't notice a difference.

I would suggest this product for someone with dry skin, but if you have oily/combination, I would steer clear.
Kelsey L.
Citrus Heights, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
This is one of my favorite facial mists on the market. I use this before, during and after my makeup. The price is great for how much you get (big or small bottle). I started using this in high school. I actually discovered this on amazon believe it or not. I took a chance and ordered it not knowing anything about the brand and I ended up falling in love. Unfortunately I threw the first bottle I ever purchased and forgot the name of it so I never re-ordered it. It took me about 3 years to find it again and the only way I found it was when I finally started shopping at Ulta beauty for my skins needs. I’m so glad it still exists because I honestly haven’t wanted to try much else because it works so well for me.
Allyson G.
Cupertino, CA
I picked up a bottle of this stuff when I was at Ulta, mostly out of curiosity since one of my favorite YouTubers (Allie Glines) raves about it, and it's winter in New England--my skin can use all the hydration it can get. First of all, I would not use it as a setting spray, though the back of the bottle says you could, because it occasionally comes out in little splash-like spritzes that could ruin your makeup job. (And my favorite setting spray has the exact same type of spray bottle dispenser, so I think it's just the way this one was made.) I also notice it getting into my hair more than I've ever noticed with my setting spray, not that that's a big deal. I also didn't realize how much I would dislike the taste of rosewater, because some of the spray always gets on my lips, but that's not a big enough problem for me to return the product, and there are other varieties (cucumber or lavender) that I could pick up next time if I decide to repurchase. Now onto the good: I love the way this stuff feels on my skin. I give my face a good couple spritzes in the morning, at night, after I take off my makeup, and sometimes in the middle of the afternoon (no makeup on) if my skin is feeling particularly dry. It feels so lovely and refreshing. I still haven't decided if I'll be repurchasing once I run out, but I guess I have plenty of time to figure that out.
Erica G.
Woodland , CA
I like it, and I've recommended it before to my dry skinned brethren. It doesn't burn, doesn't make me break out and adds a nice pick me up to makeup after a few hours wear. Definitely well priced, you don't need to soak your face with it and so it lasts a while. The sprayer is good and distributes a nice fine mist that doesn't disrupt anything, it does have a definite rose-y smell if you're sensitive to that. I just don't consider it a staple. It's not the best as a setting spray, it feels nice but it's not single handedly keeping my face soft. I usually have it on hand though, so maybe I'm not giving this spray enough credit.
Maria G.
Houston
This is hands down the best refreshing/setting spray for a natural looking dewy look. If you have dry skin you will love this! It helps to just mesh everything together and melt into you skin to look more natural and not cakey, so if you feel you’ve gone a bit overboard with powder this will save you! I keep a bottle for my personal use and another in my makeup kit to use on clients. You can find it at Ulta or online and it comes in three different sizes(and now scents/ingredients)and it’s so affordable the biggest bottle is under $15! MARIO BADESCU Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater
Gracie J.
Bakersfield, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
Personally I’m not a huge fan of this because everytime I would use it it would break me out. I’m not sure what in it my skin has a bad reaction to, but without fail everytime I would put this on my face I would end up with little spots popping up the next day. For me I would say it’s not a good product because I had such a bad experience. BUT, when I gave this to my niece she used it multiple times and just fell in love with it. It makes her skin literally glow and it’s helped soothe her skin when she starts breaking out. It is inexpensive so I think it would be worth trying out.
Sukhvir K.
Bellerose, NY
Do you ever feel like you need an air of freshness around you without doing the absolute most? Well this beauty carries a pack of freshness. I love using a spritz of this after a long day, or followed after a nice hot (long...embarrassingly long) shower. I also use this after I’ve applied powder to my makeup to set it so it can seamlessly blend in with my skin, but leaving a hint of mist around so that when I apply my highlighter right after, it also blends into my skin leaving behind a sunkissed glow without having a streak of highlighter on my cheekbones.
MissAbee🌻 S.
Valparaiso, IN
Purchased at: ULTA
I didn’t want to believe the hype about this spray, but I really is as good as it gets. I love to put it on before my makeup to keep my skin fresh underneath, as well as over my makeup as a setting spray. It totally feels like a refresher when I spray it. My suite mates all fight over borrowing it! I definitely recommend. Even if you don’t wear any makeup- this is great for locking in moisture and making you feel refreshed. I put it on my pillow and sometimes my hair! There are so many functions. This is a beauty staple everyone should have.
☁ E.
West Orange, NJ
When I first heard of this product, I was a bit concerned at the brand and how I never saw it advertised. When I went to go check it out, I was very surprised and happy to see that it had fewer ingredients than other products that claim to do the same thing. It also had a faint yet smooth smell that I usually associate with organic simple products that I tend to make myself at home. The color is pretty and non-artificial. The bottle itself is lightweight and sturdy so I didn't have problems with putting it in my bag and carrying it around on the subways. It's pretty secure and the bottle's design makes it hard to actually spill when in a bag for long periods of time. Also even in hot weather in a cluttered bag, when I sprayed it the product continued to have a cooling sensation without feeling too minty. Which is a hidden bonus? Especially for the hot summer days outside running errands.
The product it's does wonders. I could use it for everything. I spray it on my beauty blender before applying my foundation to give an easier and more refreshing application. I also spray it as a setting spray. The faint scent is relaxing as well as preventing my face from getting to dry or my makeup from creasing and melting off my face. I even use a few sprays when I wash my face and need an extra boost of moisture. I love this product. It's such a multitasker and I'll probably be using this product until I'm old and withered away.
Christina T.
Cypress, TX
Where can you fine his line except online?
Tracy P.
Can this be used as a setting spray?
MARIA D.
Do you apply it before or after makeup?
Natalie M.
Brackney, PA
thinking of purchasing this. should I buy the small version to see if I like it first even though it's not as good of a value?
Alicia H.
Deer Lake, NL
Which step would this be in a skincare routine? And would this be good for dry ad sensitive skin?