Add a Photo

By MARIO BADESCU
This non-foaming gel cleanser thoroughly removes the day's makeup, dirt and oil without drying the skin. Papaya and grapefruit extracts are exfoliating alpha-hydroxy acids that help prevent dulling build-up that can cause blackheads and pimples. Leaves the skin looking radiant and pores clear. Brand: Mario Badescu. Style Name: Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel (16 oz.) ($24 Value). Style Number: 234830. Available In Stores.
Photos (23)
Chelsea E.
Chelsea E.
Raleigh, NC

I've heard great things about this brand and had been looking to switch up my skin care routine, so I purchased this recently at my local Ulta. I've only been using it for about a week and I can already tell it's made a difference in my skin! I use this cleanser every night to wash my face before bed. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I do have to remove my makeup first with a makeup wipe, and then use this to wash my face. For me it definitely doesn't get rid of all of my makeup on it's own, but I'm okay with that! I have dry, sensitive skin and this product has been great so far. I love that it's a gel cleanser because it literally feels like it's hydrating my skin as I'm using it. It's gentle, non-foaming, has a refreshing light scent and leaves my skin looking radiant and feeling so soft. I also use the Mario Badescu rose water facial spray afterwards and I feel like the products really work well together for me. Overall really loving it so far and for such an affordable price, I'd definitely recommend it!
Dana H.
Dana H.

I just can't quit you, Mario B. I don't even know how we got started in our relationship together, but I'm fairly sure it was from a sample in another order I placed. I'm at that awkward age where my skin doesn't cooperate with me or even make sense to me anymore. It's like I turned 40 and someone else's skin glommed onto my body. Nothing that used to work worked anymore. Enter, Mario. I'd been saving the enzymatic cleaner for something to throw in my overnight bag, but I ran out of my usual. I'm so glad I did. It's gentle, but you feel like your face is getting clean. It's lightly scented, but it still smells clean. It's got a nice viscosity to it that feels good on my face. And it's reasonably priced. Really reasonably priced. The packaging isn't anything flashing, but I kinda like the retro vibe they're giving a la Kiehls... It's just good stuff. Even for someone as old as I am!
Lilliana S.
Lilliana S.
Wilmore, KY

I have struggled for years to find a cleanser that works for my face. I have sensitive skin so it's hard for me to find a product that I can use daily and not worry about it being too harsh, but this product changed my life. I love this cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It is not thick and goes on wonderfully. It does not leave a sticky residue after I rinse my face. I have combination skin (oily and normal) I've found that this cleaner is perfect for al skin types. It is not harsh at all and it smells so good. I noticed immediate improvement in my skin after the first week of using this cleanser. It is now incorporated into my daily routine and it is definitely one of my staple products! I highly recommend this product.
Jenny D.
Jenny D.

I love this face wash!  I bought the HUGE bottle a while ago and at this point it feels like I'll never finish it.  It lasts forever because you only need such a small amount!  It's just so gentle and leaves my face feeling clean and doesn't dry out my skin.  I have acne prone dry/normal skin for reference.  It's just perfect really and I use other face wash at the same time which is why it has lasted extra long but I just got back into using it recently and I really do love it.  It's extra perfect for a gently morning face wash as well.  I've tried many Mario Badescu products over the years and this is one of my faves.  Highly recommend!
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
Worcester, MA

My skin gets angry with most skin care products, so needless to say I had horrible skin until I discovered this brand. After taking their product matching quiz on their website, I purchased this cleanser and several other products. My cystic acne has completely disappeared since using it. Also I can tell if I skip a day because I break out. It's not drying and calmed down a lot of the redness. Since I stopped breaking out I can finally work on my post acne scars. I really can't say enough good things about this product and entire line. Great cleanser at a good price point and was ecstatic when I found out Ulta carried it.
Morgan B.
Morgan B.

I have only used this for a couple of days so far but I am already starting to see slight results. My acne redness has gone down along with some acne (it would help if I did not touch my face as often as I do). It feels refreshing as well and the smell isn't bad. The ingredient list is good as well as it if full of natural ingredients. I have super dry skin and this came in the combination/oily skin kit but it is working great! The one downfall is that it doesn't feel as if it is taking off all of my make-up. I do use the cucumber lotion (toner) afterwards which really takes off any extra dirt/make-up on my face.
Anna L.
Anna L.

I've used this cleanser for a little over a year and it truly is one of the best cleansers I've ever used. It's non-foaming and therefore non-dying for my skin which tends to be on the dry side. In addition, the gel formula gently cleans away dirt and dead skin without leaving my skin tight or irritated. Another major plus about this product, a little goes a long way. I usually use about a dime-sized amount to clean my face at night and about a quarter of that amount to clean my face in the morning. Ultimately, my face is left feeling extremely soft and smooth after I use this product.
Rachelle W.
Rachelle W.
Tucson, AZ

Oh, Mario Badescu. How I love you! This is such a simple cleanser that it surprises me how obsessed with it I am! In the mornings, I don't like to wash my face too much. I have acne and I don't need to constantly irritate my skin. However, I need to wash off my acne medicine from the night before. Sometimes I just use a quick swipe of Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad, especially if I'm feeling lazy or in a rush. But if I can, I prefer this. Just a dime-sized amount, smoothd all over gently, splashed off, pat my face dry...voila! It doesn't dry me out. Gentle, lovely cleanser.
Kamille G.
Kamille G.
San Diego, CA

I received the mini sample of this product directly from the company, and I have been using it for the past few weeks. I'm actually surprised about how many uses come from just the sample size! A little definitely goes a longgggg way - specifically have been using just a pea size on the tip of my finger. I've been using it as a second cleanser at night, and feel it gives a deeper clean. But I don't feel as if it cleans as well on it's own. I do feel his products work best with each other, than alone. I like the strong clean [detergent] scent, might be too much for someone else.
Kathleen T.
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA

I love just about everything MB, but this cleanser was really disappointing. I bought it to help deep clean my skin yet not dry it out. Well, it doesn't irritate or dry my skin out, but it gives me acne. At first I thought it was because it really was deep cleaning my skin and all the junk was coming to the surface. However, after 3 months of using it and still having persistent acne, I knew that it was this cleanser. I went back to my other MB cleanser and the acne cleared right up. Now I'm stuck with a cleanser that I don't like and can't return :(
Rayne, LA

What other products do you use with it?
Rayne, LA

What other products do you use with it?
Nicole E.
Nicole E.

Is this good for acne prone skin?
Stevi L.
Stevi L.
Mcdonough, GA

How often do you use this? Would daily use dry out or irritate my skin?
Hana A.
Hana A.

How is this for sensitive skin? Makeup removal?