BY MARIO BADESCU #91 in Face Masks

Powerful, clarifying mask. Targets breakouts and congested areas. Eliminates pore-clogging oil.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water, Eau), Kaolin, Calamine, Propylene Glycol, Ichthammol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch, Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Cellulose Gum, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Sorbitol, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

How To Use

Apply a thin layer of mask on clean skin, focusing only on areas of concern and avoiding the eye area. Wait 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.

Use 2-3 times a week as needed. For best results, follow with our SPECIAL CUCUMBER LOTION. (If used on the body, follow with our SPECIAL CLEANSING LOTION "O.") To help rehydrate and restore balance to skin, use our HEALING & SOOTHING MASK the day after. If products gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

• Is this ok for sensitive skin? Will it cause drying?1 Answers
  • Hello, I'm curious has anyone with cystic acne tried this...1 Answers
  • Does this actually work for acne?1 Answers
Mario Badescu Drying Mask
  • "I have sensitive skin and I get awful hormonal acne. I've never had a product work so well for me until I found this one. I use this once every week or whenever I feel like my skin is looking bad and the next morning, my face would look so much clearer and any big bumps I had would be flat." in 44 reviews
  • "It doesn't have an awful smell but it is comparable to the odor of diaper rash creams." in 1 review
Jessica G.
Corpus Christi, TX
I had never had acne until I turned 29 years old. I had no idea there was such a thing as ADULT ACNE but there I was working as a high school secretary and I developed acne just like all the teenage girls I was in charge of. It was a very traumatic season in my adult life. I am thankful to God for youtube. I found Jacyln Hill and she was mentioning Mario B.'s products and at that time she had nothing to lose and you could tell she was very sincerely and transparent so I trusted her opionion and well let's face it, she's beautiful with great SKIN & I wanted that too. I bought every product and total fell in love, especially the way the drying lotion dried up cystic acne breakouts within a couple of days. As they got under control, it became overnight drying! Worth every penny!! This works under your makeup too. I was desperate and tried it. Just apply with a light hand and carry blot paper until your breakouts heal and use only at bedtime. I hate acne so i will try just about anything if I know it worked for someone else and that someone else has flawless skin.
Gabby F.
Statesboro
Works great on my oily skin. I love all of my Mario B products, and this is one at the top of my list for how effective it is. When other products might reduce the time of a break out, this seems to just get rid of them. I am prone to break outs, and this practically stops them in their tracks. Because of its effectiveness, I use it every other day with the buffering lotion under it and after the mask (their recommendation), and alternate this drying mask with the healing and soothing mask for soft, clear skin.
Jennifer F.
Lyons, IL
I would say this is my go-to for drying out any acne spots I have on my face.  All you need is a little bit to put over your problem area.  It does have sulfur in it, so it is a bit smelly (the smell does not bother me at all).  After the first night use, I can see that the bump is not as inflamed or red.  I feel my skin does get used to this product, so I try to use it every once in a while.  I always make sure to have this in my arsenal when treating acne.
Elle Z.
I absolutely love love this mask!! I got it in the acne kit that I bought and this product and the Drying Cream actually showed results super fast! Some say the mask smells disgusting and really bad, but I honestly don’t mind it. The scent to me can be described as tires in a tire shop but a bit less strong. After using it my skin feels tighter which is good bc my skin type is combo and acne prone that produce it’s fair share of oiliness! I really recommend this product!
Caitlin P.
Bloomington, IN
This mask took some time to get used to. It is very tightening and very drying, which is what it’s supposed to do. However if you are thinking of purchasing it I would smell it beforehand because it is very strong and kind of unpleasant. After a few uses I got used to the smell though. I really enjoy this mask and think it does an excellent job of clearing up my acne. You get quite a lot of uses out of this product. I would probably repurchase this product because it is one of the few masks that I think really works for my skin.
ღℳoɳiզuҽ M.
Pomona, CA
I have used this for years to spot treat my pimples. It works amazing at drying them out and having them disappear after a few nights of this. It will dry out your skin so make sure to use a hydrating mask and lots of moisturizer. I wish they would make this in a different packaging like a squeeze tub and for spot treating instead of an all over mask because it does dry out every time you open it and the formula changes because of that.
Soph U.
Love. Love. Oh, did I mention I love this mask? I have been dealing with acne for over two years now. I have blackheads, whiteheads, and hormonal acne. I have tried so many different masks and this one works so well for me. It dries up, reduces the size, and reduces the redness of my pimples. If I have a really inflamed/large/hormonal pimple, I spot treat it with this and leave on overnight and the next morning it's (almost) gone!
Nemesis W.
Rowland Hghts, CA
So I purchased the entire line of this brand for acne, I have never had acne in my life but I guess 27 was my time to be a teen again. To be honest I haven’t really seen much change, my acne doesn’t disappear but it hasn’t gotten worse as it previously was before I used this mask, deep hydrate after as this will dry out the life out of your skin! But it helps drying the acne, so I would say spot treatment is best rather than using in the entire face
Kacey W.
Little Elm, TX
If you want to zap that nasty zit down real fast, this is the product to use! I put a dap of this on any spot that pops up after a long day of wearing makeup and sweating in the Texas heat. It’s great for an oily T-zone too! I’ve used it as a mask all over for 10-20 minutes, as well as for a spot treatment overnight, both ways are the bomb.com. It does have a pretty pungent smell initially but it does fade away.
Diana V.
Staten Island, NY
Honestly if you want to put something on your face, you do not want the smell to make you throw up. I love MB products, I received a sample of this and smelling it made me want to puke. It smells like burning tires/rubber. I can not put this on my whole face because of the smell. I do recommend spot treatment masks and putting this on a problem area for the alotted time. But be prepared for the smell.
R T.
Since this is the same price as the Mario bedescu drying lotion, do you think this is more worth it? I have extremely acne- prone skin. Does this treat acne the same as I've heard the drying lotion does?
Samantha A.
Brooklyn, NY
What is the best skin type to use this on?
Trinity A.
Does this help with oily skin?
Elena S.
OMG heard great things about this product does it work because I want something that isn't to expensive to try out because then it makes me sad if it does :(
JAS T.