BY MARIO BADESCU #67 in Face Masks

Drying Mask - Help clear acne eruptions. This colloidal sulfur based mask dries existing pimples and oil and helps clarify problematic, acne-prone skin. Soothing calamine makes this mask safe and gentle for most skin types. Great for back and chest acne eruptions as well. Best when used as a companion product to Mario Badescu's Healing & Soothing Mask and Buffering Lotion.(2.0 oz.) - Drying Mask see more...

• Is this ok for sensitive skin? Will it cause drying?1 Answers
  • Hello, I'm curious has anyone with cystic acne tried this? And I ...1 Answers
  • Does this actually work for acne?1 Answers
Mario Badescu Drying Mask
  • "Very effective for oily skin- you can use it as an overnight spot treatment as well." in 1 review
  • "I have horrible acne but really sensitive skin so anything I use I usually end up returning it because my skin won't accept it...." in 1 review
  • "It doesn't have an awful smell but it is comparable to the odor of diaper rash creams." in 1 review
Jessica G.
Corpus Christi
I had never had acne until I turned 29 years old. I had no idea there was such a thing as ADULT ACNE but there I was working as a high school secretary and I developed acne just like all the teenage girls I was in charge of. It was a very traumatic season in my adult life. I am thankful to God for youtube. I found Jacyln Hill and she was mentioning Mario B.'s products and at that time she had nothing to lose and you could tell she was very sincerely and transparent so I trusted her opionion and well let's face it, she's beautiful with great SKIN & I wanted that too. I bought every product and total fell in love, especially the way the drying lotion dried up cystic acne breakouts within a couple of days. As they got under control, it became overnight drying! Worth every penny!! This works under your makeup too. I was desperate and tried it. Just apply with a light hand and carry blot paper until your breakouts heal and use only at bedtime. I hate acne so i will try just about anything if I know it worked for someone else and that someone else has flawless skin.
Brenda T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE THIS BRAND. The masks are my go to not only are they affordable, they actually make a difference in my skin. I can say that this is a really good dupe for Peter Thomas Acne Sulfur Mask (I don't remember the exact name but it's the super popular one that costs aroun$50-$60). This one has the same benefits completely dries out any active acne and seems to suck out all of your clogged pores for $16 a tub. I tend to do this mask 3 times a week and the little tub lasts me about three months sometimes a little bit longer. I highly recommend it for acne-prone skin. The smell is a bit strong but I don't mind it much. I can't say enough good things about this.
jae M.
Rahway, NJ
Review for: Drying Mask
This is one of my favorite products. I swear by this brand. I use this every other day and I see immediate results. The product can be a bit drying but if you use the rose water spray following this mask you skin will be just fine. I really enjoy the entire collection and will be a repeat customer for life.
heidi p.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Absolutely love ! But well what did I expect from such a lovely brand . Mario Badescu succeeded yet once again ! I put this mask on at night and at the morning i woke up astonished ! Very Impressed ! Unlike most masks thats forsure !
Christina P.
Newport News, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
A little too much as an entire mask. Really felt tight once it dries...a little too much for me. However, love as a spot treatment. For the price combined with the fact I don't like it as a mask I probably won't be buying again which is unfortunate because I love other Mario Badescu products.
Sydjea 🌿.
Review for: Drying Mask
First thing that will hit you is the smell. Very sulphuric but it fades after a few minutes. Very drying, must be coupled with moisturizer. Not sure if it dried out pimples faster than any similar product, but it doesn’t burn or scar the skin so that’s a plus. Mario Badescu Drying Mask
Rebekah J.
Mount Juliet, TN
My all time favorite mask! I use this about once a week to reset my skin and help get rid of troublesome acne spots. I bought this at Ulta and you get a lot of product for the price. It’s super effective and would highly recommend it, even though it is a little pricey. Wonderful face mask!
Cara E.
Pikeville, KY
Review for: Drying Mask
Anytime I get a BIG zit, I use this to spot treat and it works amazing. I wouldn’t apply this to my entire face because I feel like it would be too drying (and that’s saying a lot because my skin is more on the oily side), but it’s a very effective and affordable spot treatment. The smell is kinda gag worthy, but it’s never bothered me.
Adrienne K.
Westland, MI
Review for: Drying Mask
Has a very liquidy consistency. Good to use on oily areas. However, the smell of this mask caused me to stop using it. I’m sure it would work well if you used it as frequently as it directed. I recommend if you are able to handle the smell.  Mario Badescu Drying Mask
jannett a.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This drying mask is one of my favorite products!!! I have cystic acne and this mask helps reduce any inflammation I have due to my breakouts. After using this, I can already start to see a differences in my breakoutsx they're smaller and the redness is much less
R T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Since this is the same price as the Mario bedescu drying lotion, do you think this is more worth it? I have extremely acne- prone skin. Does this treat acne the same as I've heard the drying lotion does?
Samantha A.
Brooklyn, NY
What is the best skin type to use this on?
Laura C.
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Does anyone else think this stuff smells a bit like an ashtray?
Trinity A.
Does this help with oily skin?
Sarah H.
Chesapeake, OH
I'm curious how this product is for oily/combination skin? I have very temperamental skin around that time of the month and I need some miracles! : )