BY MARIO BADESCU

Ingredients

How To Use

Do not apply to eye area. If product gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

• does this really works? I want to buy.6 Answers
  • I’ve been thinking about getting this for a while but it’...6 Answers
  • Is it worth the price? And I’m not quite sure if I got it...4 Answers
Laura T.
Indianapolis, IN
I'm assuming that the majority of beauty and skincare lovers have used Mario Badescu Drying lotion at some point in their lives. It is a classic for a reason. When I have a bad breakout this is what I reach for even at almost 30. I always try and have some on hand, just in case.
Allison D.
Minneapolis, MN
This spot treatment is a nice, gentle way to target acne spots. It is a more natural way to treat pimples as opposed to piling on loads of chemicals, which would be great for someone with sensitive skin. Unfortunately it is too expensive to be worth it for me with my cystic acne.
Gabrielle R.
Cambridge, MA
I feel like this is in every skincare junkie's starter kit. While I liked it when I first got into skincare, I really don't like it now. You shouldn't dry out your pimples overnight anyways. I also don't like how the sulfur residue stays on my skin even after washing in the morning.
Samantha B.
This stuff is as good as what people make it out to be! I love putting this product on before bed and waking up to my problem areas being diminished. This product is definitely effective! The smell is harsh and can have a burning feeling, but this only lasts for about a minute.
Lisa D.
If you don't have this, go out now and buy it.  I get it at Ulta.  Anytime I have the start of a blemish, I dab the pink stuff on with a q-tip, and in hours it is gone!  This really works, and lasts forever.  Worth every penny.  Magic in a bottle!!!
Julia F.
Atherton, CA
love this product! i use it every night. it really works to fight my blemishes which is no easy task! the one downside i will say is the scent. it smells strongly (as most acne treatments do) and the scent will sometimes stay with me for the first hour or so of the next day...
Shraya P.
Irving, TX
This product was very hyped by many individuals and as someone with acne prone skin I gave it a try. I was surprised to see that the results were amazing the next morning and my pimples had shrunk. One flaw would be that it did dry out my skin, so if your skin is on the drier side like mine, just remember to moisturize extra!
Mylei Z.
Aurora, CO
For reference, I have VERY oily to combination skin. I suffer from both regular acne and cystic acne, and have many acne scars/red marks on my face. I use this product every night in conjunction with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

PROS:
-This product will dry up a pimple overnight if used correctly (go a bit heavy when using the pink substance over your acne)
-This also helps to fade my acne scars
-Helps reduce the redness and swelling on my cystic acne, as well as (eventually) bring it to a head
-Works FAR more effectively than any other salycilic acid acne treatment I have ever tried (both high end and low end)
-Because you use a Q-tip when applying this, you get a more precise (and sanitary) application. This way, you only have acne treatment where you need it

CONS:
-Smells strongly when you first open the bottle but the smell fades within seconds of putting the product on your face
-This is meant to dry up your pimple if you have one, so yes, there will be a bit of dryness. But it nothing major (doesn't make my skin flake or itch) and it can be controlled with a decent moisturizer. Really, this is the case for ANY acne treatment though

OVERALL: I have bought this 3 times already and will continue to buy this. I work at Ulta and direct my customers with acne towards this product, and most of them love it. If you have dry skin, I would recommend moisturizing before using this on your spots, that way it won't dry you out :)
Jacelyn O.
Plainfield, IL
COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS THROUGH MY WORST BREAKOUTS. This stuff is literally magic. Whenever I have a bad breakout, I do my normal skincare routine, and then I apply this directly on the pimple with a q-tip. My only advice would be to not put on a recently popped pimple. It will burn .
Sofia S.
Best drying lotion. I️ love Mario badescu and the company. They have a variety of different skin care for all types of skins. The dyeing lotion is a personal favorite and it dried out you zits or pimples overnight.
Gaby O.
Burlington, NJ
Tina N.
Is this item worth the hype?
Gina d.
Branford, CT
About how long does this bottle last you?
Heather C.
Staff
Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA
Is this good for dry skin?