Add a Photo

By MARIO BADESCU
Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion - The Drying Lotion is a fast acting, effective acne spot treatment. Formulated with salicylic acid, calamine and other quick-drying ingredients, this product will shrink ugly whiteheads virtually overnight while you sleep. While other acne spot treatments can irritate and dry delicate or sensitive skin, this product is safe and effective for all skin types. - Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion
Photos (118)
fait d.
fait d.

My skin has been a long and difficult journey. I have tried so many different combinations of remedies, medicines, creams, treatments, you name it to solve my acne issue. None of them worked, not even big brands like Pro Activ. They all just seemed to make everything worse. Then I came across Mario Badescu. I use this drying lotion every night and some mornings-- I wear it underneath my makeup when I have a bad spot (which has gotten so much more rare since using the product).
Surprisingly, this has been the product that worsened my dry skin the least! Instead of making my face into a crackling mess in order to solve one pimple, this product magically targets **just** the pimple, drains the life out of it no matter what stage of development it is at, and gently exfoliates a very thin layer of skin surrounding. Somehow this product has also solved the issue of hyperpigmentation and acne scarring!! Scars from zits hardly last even a couple days when I use this on them, no matter how dark they start.
Sometimes I have to pinch myself-- this product must be too good to be true?? I no longer have to stress out about my face. My skin feels healthy and clean all the time :)) Don't know what I would do without this product! Thank you.
stella g.
stella g.

Being closer to 30 than 20, I still get occasional spots/acne on my face. This stuff is a lifesaver when I get 'bigger' spots. I originally bought this when I realised that they'd changed the formula of my previous favorite, Clinique spot treatment.
The way to use the product is a little awkward at times when I accidentally get bits of the ‘pink clay' on the sides of the 'lip’ of the bottle. Otherwise at least the bottle is sturdy enough that the bottle doesn't really leak.
Dabbing it on overnight, it 'shrinks' the spots very well but as I have dry 'sensitive skin, it can leave the skin underneath dried out sometimes but is really easily fixed with my heavy face oil. Otherwise, aside from the pink powdery streaks I sometimes leave on my pillow when l use it – this stuff is even more effective than the original formula of the Clinique spot treatment gel - and is a lot easier on the purse too!
XOBABE B.
XOBABE B.

I really love this product I recently purchased this a few days ago (via shipping) and my first impressions at first was, is this product still going to work for me? (Cause I received it completely shaken) & the label on the bottle says "DO NOT SHAKE" but after reading a couple online reviews it was safe to say it would still work just as fine if you let it sit for a couple hours and let the ingredients completely separate after a few hours had passed, I tried it on a couple of unfortunate spots on my face during the evening and by the next morning it really decreased in size! This didn't completely diminish the pimple but after a couple more uses it definitely speeds up the process I would purchase this again & I've already been recommending to family & friends who suffer with acne. The smell might be a tad strong but is safe to use on sensitive skin! It did not brake me out what so ever
Maria B.
Maria B.
San Antonio, TX

I have cystic acne problems, so it's been difficult for me to find a cleanser that works well. Basically, cystic means my breakouts are cyclical based on hormone changes, and they are always in the same spot. While my normal routine works great most of the time, once the cystic acne starts to appear, nothing ever seemd to work, not even a spot treatment. This product was a game changer though. It's very strong, so try on a small spot at first. Once applied, it dries and you leave it on overnight. By the next day, my breakouts were almost invisible, and now that this lotion is part of my routine, I can catch the cystic breakouts before they develop very large, and I have great skin all month long! This was worth every penny, and it lasts a very long time, since it is so potent. Just applying at night for 3 days a month and I'm able to keep my cystic acne in check.
Damilola À.
Damilola À.

This is honestly one of the best spot treatments that I have ever used. I've tried stuff from the drugstore (Neutrogena, clean and clear), Sephora (murad) and Ulta (clinque) and this is the product that works. I used to use Clinque Acne Solutions spot gel and it did do a good job at first but I think that my skin got used to it and it lost it's power so to say. So I went looking for a new spot treatment and I'm happy that I gave this a try. It's about the same price as the Clinque one ($17) and worth it. It comes in a small glass bottle but don't let the size full you, there's enough to get at least 2-3 months out if it. Just make sure not to shake the bottle and let the solution dry on your face. But be warned there will be white marks on your pillow and white flakes whenever you move your face but that's just because the solution has dried up.
Brooke A.
Brooke A.

I used this after many many of my friends had recommended this to me for stubborn pimples. I am extremely fortunate to have very clear skin and have never suffered from acne or bad breakouts, so when I have a pimple it is usually just on my forehead right before my period. For small pimples, this product worked ok for me; however, for deep pimples that felt like mountains on my forehead.. this product did not seem to do much of anything after putting it on overnight. I used toothpaste and it had the same results for the large pimples/blemishes. I thought the smell was extremely potent as well, but went away a little after it dried. Overall, I think that toothpaste works just as well as this product; however.. this product led me to try many more Mario Badescu products that I am in absolute love with!
Tawnie H.
Tawnie H.
Lenoir, NC

Can Mario Badescu do wrong?!  This drying lotion is a must-have if you're like me and are graced with zits and blemishes (I thought it breakouts were supposed to be more common in your adolescence and once you became an adult...they stop wrecking your face so often?!?)!  Now, I don't think this is a miracle product, in which it's going to make your zits disappear overnight....but it does help reduce the size and redness pretty quickly!  Once I feel a blemish beginning, I dab this stuff on immediately and feel confident that it will help keep things under control.  It does have a strong smell and it can be drying (duh...it's a drying lotion), so be aware of this if you're sensitive to smells or have dry skin.This is a skin staple and my go-to when my skin is acting up.
Sara K.
Sara K.
Rohnert Park, CA

This product works amazing on my skin! I recently had a terrible breakout, with acne covering my cheeks, jaw area, and my chin. even though this is a spot treatment, I covered the entire area of my breakout with this at night and washed it off in the morning. I did this two days in a row and while it cleared up a lot of blemishes, it left my skin with dry patches but I realize that because I had applied so much onto my face. when you use this product just don't forget to moisturize your face before you apply the drying lotion. also, since the directions say to apply at night and wash it off in the morning, try to sleep without having your face on your pillow because the product will rub off and you won't see much results from it.
Judith A.
Judith A.

I had a whitehead that was ready to pop but I didn't want to risk anymore acne scars. I've heard good things about this product and decided to try it out. I was worried that it would dry out my already dry skin. I left the product on all day until the pink rubbed off and I applied it again overnight. There were no pink marks on my pillow. After I washed my face I noticed the whitehead dried up and went away. I applied the product again on what's left of the pimple and it didn't really sting. After applying it night and day for 2-3 days, the redness and size went away! I'm glad this product works and it's definitely worth the money. I only have 2-3 zits once a month. I know this will last a long time.
Brandy S.
Brandy S.
Fall Branch , TN

I wish I had found this in my teens or twenties instead of mid 30's. I have made leaps and bounds in the condition of my skin over the last 6 months or so, but I do still get a time of the month breakout. I bought this at Ulta this last month because I had a horrible cyst-like blemish to come up. It was gone within a week instead of the usual month or longer. It doesn't take much at all, and it's gently effective so you don't end up with a huge ugly scab while it's working on the blemish. Since you need so little, I find it more cost effective than anything I've gotten before. I love this, and I'll be keeping it around as my kids are right around the ages where teenage breakouts are on the horizon.
Gaby O.
Gaby O.
Burlington

Gina d.
Gina d.
Branford, CT

About how long does this bottle last you?
Tina N.
Tina N.

Is this item worth the hype?
Heather C.
Heather C.

Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA

Is this good for dry skin?

Join Now