BY MARIO BADESCU #21 in Facial Moisturizers

This is the original, award-winning spot treatment for pimples. Renowned for its ability to help dry up surface blemishes overnight, our iconic Drying Lotion continues to reign as a best-selling favorite amongst beauty editors, celebrities, and professionals worldwide. This fast-acting, effective spot treatment is specially formulated with Salicylic Acid, Sulfur, and Zinc Oxide to help draw impurities from the skin and target pesky pimples while you sleep.

No matter how tempted you are, don’t shake the bottle. Don’t worry if you do—simply set the bottle on an even, flat surface. Leave it undisturbed overnight and voilà: your Drying Lotion is settled and looking brand new.

You can use your Drying Lotion to target surface blemishes on the back, chest, and neck, too.

• I’ve been thinking about getting this for a while but it’s £16 fo...4 Answers
  • Is it worth the price? And I’m not quite sure if I got it right, ...3 Answers
  • Goes this really dry up pimple.!?7 Answers
Amanda V.
Edmonson, TX
This stuff is an absolute GODSEND for pimples/breakouts. I bought it from Ulta and was a little bit hesitant because of the price but it is worth every penny! I’ll tell you a little about the product before telling you about my amazing experiences. First of all, one thing you guys should know is that this stuff is very odd looking with the clear liquid and pink sediment on the bottom, but it’s supposed to be that way and they are NOT supposed to be mixed whatsoever. To use, you just dip a Q-Tip to dip down through the clear liquid and touch the pink sediment. The pink sediment will adhere to the Q-Tip and that’s what you will use to add to affected area. Another important thing to know is that this stuff smells EXTREMELY strong, but once you see how amazing it works, it probably won’t bother you. Another thing is that it doesn’t go on clear; it puts a pink layer over the pimples/breakouts so it’s not something you would want to wear during the day unless you’re staying in the house and not going anywhere. It’s more ideal to use before bed. My first experience was amazing! I tried it on a big nasty pimple the night I purchased it. It was one of those great big ones that’s extremely inflamed, painful and BRIGHT RED! I put some of the product on my pimple after my skin care routine and thankfully it dried up nice because I was worried about it transferring to my pillowcase or blanket but it did not. I woke up the next morning and to my surprise, the pimple was pretty much gone completely. No redness, no inflammation, no pain.... nothing. It was flat to my skin but not red at all so you wouldn’t have even known it had been a pimple the day before. I seriously couldn’t believe my eyes! I’ve tried it on smaller pimples and sometimes there is absolutely no trace the next day... it’s unbelievable! Even if you can still see the pimple the next day, it will be an EXTREME difference! Another thing I love about this is that the tiniest little bit goes a very long way so this will last you sooo long. I highly recommend this to anyone that gets occasional pimples/breakouts! It will be your best friend.
Jas L.
I have heard so many great things about the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. Some of my friends were weary about the product when I told them I was going to buy it as they said it didn't work for them but I still went ahead and bought the product anyways. With the product being $17, I expected my pimples to go away overnight after putting the drying lotion on. The first time I tried it and woke up the next morning, nothing happened. My pimples were still there, they did not shrink at all. I so desperately wanted this product to work and gave it many more chances but they product still failed me. I'm not sure if it's just my skin type, as I have really oily skin, or that the product is overhyped but I am really disappointed with this product and just have 3/4th of a bottle of it sitting in my house. My friends all have different skin types than me and also say that the product doesn't really work. If you want to buy this, I suggest finding a way to test it out and see if it works for you so you won't end up wasting $17 on a small bottle of something that doesn't even work.
Jessica T.
You’re missing out if you haven’t bought this yet! I was sooo skeptical if it was really worth the price- IT IS!! It’s amazing. It dries out pimples over night and you wake up looking like they never even existed. You just put the product directly on the blemish and it dries. It doesn’t get on your pillow because it dries right up. You will wake up in the morning and your pimple is dried out completely, even those new stubborn ones that usually take forever to go away. Make sure you do NOT Shake the product. It is supposed to be separated. You dip through the clear mixture and into the pink mixture with a Q-tip. The smell is very strong but you get used to it and once you see how amazing the product works- you won’t mind. It’s worth it.
Naomi E.
Arlington, VA
Let me start out my saying, THIS PRODUCT WORKS. I decided to take photos over a five day period while testing out this product and I saw results starting the next day. After the first day, it had already started reducing the feel of the acne. By the third day, the redness started to disappear. By the fifth day, they're now almost all gone!

The Mario Badescu Drying Lotion works so fast. I put this product on overnight and rinse the residue off in the morning. It has a strong scent, but once it's on your face and fully dry it goes away.

I get really bad, very red, raised acne around my jaw. I have tried so many products to help reduce the appearance of acne, but sometimes I start to lose hope and patience when I don't see immediate results. If you are thinking about trying any acne product, this is the only one you need to try!
Cassie B.
California, MD
I used to have acne, all the time! I would get huge pimples on my forehead. This is the one thing I would use that actually made a difference. I would do this on my pimples with a qtip at night and in the morning would wash any remaining product off. This would help dry my spots up quickly without making a scene (causing acne scarring like past products I've used). Now if this hasn't already talked you into trying this product, listen to this. My husband even likes this product when he has a spot. We are talking about the lowest maintenance military man that uses one product in the shower, the cheapest body wash at the store to wash even his face and his hair. A man who refuses to use lotion when his skin is dry because "it's not manly." He took my last bottle of this and used it up. Now, go get you some.
Emmily P.
Goleta, CA
TBH I didn’t get good results from this. I tried using this on areas that were both red and inflamed and areas that were yellow and almost ready to pop. It didn’t work for any type of acne I had. In fact, the pus filled acne would harden and remain on my face as red angry spot for weeks afterward! All of my acne seemed to remain the same size after usage. But I have seen glowing reviews from people who say it works for them and their type of acne so maybe this is just not right for my skin or it’s some other factor. For background, I have combination skin that gets oily in T zone and dry in cheeks but I mainly get acne near my eyebrow zone and my mid cheeks.
Gina J.
Poughkeepsie, NY
I was given this product for promotional purposes so I was a first time user. Since it is an acne product I couldn't use it right away- I had to wait for a pimple to test it out! Well- am I impressed. I had a big zit right near my eye so I just dabbed a little on before I went to bed, waking up the next morning it was practically gone! I knocked it down a star because the smell is very harsh and since I needed to use it near my eye, I teared up a bit. The packaging is beautiful as it comes in a nice glass bottle. A little goes a long way with this so be careful! Overall would definitely recommend.
Nicolette C.
Staten Island, NY
This product from Mario works WONDERS!!! I am always skeptical about products that say they will dry out your acne overnight and fix break outs but this one actually works. This little jar has a pink clay on the bottom and an oil substance on top that you DO NOT SHAKE! You dip a qtip into the pink and then dap the product on your break out. I had a huge painful pimple and it is literally almost gone after using this once overnight. If you are prone to spot acne do not pop them, just dab this on and you’ll be good to go the next day! I completely recommend, and to even get some money off of it Mario Badescu always has little discount codes on their website!
Sarah M.
I really love this product ! Even after using it 3 times it has made such a difference in my skin! I apply it at night with a q-tip like the label says and sleep with it on over night. I find it works best on smaller zits/acne. For me at least the bigger the white head, the longer it takes so i have to use it on that area repeatedly. the only thing i don’t like that i noticed right away is that when dried, this leaves my face with such a weird and unpleasant smell. besides that i would recommend this to anyone struggling with acne and blemishes
Lily H.
THIS!!!!!!!! I only really bought this because so many people were saying such good things about it. So of course, I had to buy it & OH MY GOODNESS! I love it. I noticed a difference after one night & by 3 days, blemishes that once were there were gone. I love how it’s a product that I can see results & know is working, especially since it was $17. It is a little expensive but it’s definitely worth it & I know it will last me a while. The only thing is you can’t shake it which is really inconvenient especially if you travel a lot. I remember I was shopping at Ulta & had this in my bag & by the time I was done it was all mixed! So that is kind of annoying. It is a little watery as well so you really have to press it into your skin, or maybe just make sure you apply it a while after you apply your other face products, like moisturizer. Other than that, it’s a great product. The smell doesn’t really bother me but it is strong. Highly recommend this for those annoying breakouts you know you could’ve prevented! SO nice & I don’t know what I ever did without it.
Gaby O.
Burlington, NJ
Gina d.
Branford, CT
About how long does this bottle last you?
Tina N.
Is this item worth the hype?
Heather C.
Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA
Is this good for dry skin?