BY MARIO BADESCU

Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion - The Drying Lotion is a fast acting, effective acne spot treatment. Formulated with salicylic acid, calamine and other quick-drying ingredients, this product will shrink ugly whiteheads virtually overnight while you sleep. While other acne spot treatments can irritate and dry delicate or sensitive skin, this product is safe and effective for all skin types. - Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion see more...

• Is it worth the price? And I’m not quite sure if I got it right, ...3 Answers
  • Goes this really dry up pimple.!?6 Answers
  • I love Mario Badescu products but I've never tried this! What exa...4 Answers
Cassandra N.
Plymouth
Review for: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
If you have acne prone skin and you don't use this, you are seriously missing out. This product has been a total game changer for me. I suffer from hormonal acne that is particularly triggered by dairy products, resulting in pimples and occasionally cystic acne. My pimples are large, deep, red, and usually need to be extracted or they will sit there for weeks.

After being told by a friend about this stuff I bought it off of Amazon and OH MY GOD. At first I applied it when I had a pimple and found it healed in half the time it usually does. Then I used it when a pimple first started to appear. Then I used it on some clogged pores.

This stuff draws out whatever is in your pore and sends it packing. I actually found the more I used it the less I needed to later- my skin has calmed down so much since using this proactively on my spots.

Buy this product, it just may change your life. I apply it with a q-tip at night and wash off in the morning. It will leave a pinky-white spot over your skin when it dries (looks like calamine lotion over a bug bite) so don't expect to use this under make-up or during the day when you are out and about.
Cayleen C.
Chicago
Review for: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
This is amazing!!!! You can really see results come in after sleeping with one night!!! This dryin lotion has stopped so much acne problems for me and has also prevented the growth of pimples! At first the product may sting to the pimple but it is normal ! You will i promise you see a result in deduction of pus and size by the next morning! You can sleep through this mask which is amazing! I bought this product at Ulta for roughly less than 20 dollars and let’s just say I’ve been using it everyday for 2 months and still haven’t finished half way through it!!!! It is so worth it!!!! It works on all skin types and I do have sensitive skin but it did not irritate or dry it too much! I would recommend this product along with their moisturizers and sprays for working progress! From a person who had bad acne to almost no acne I recommend this product to everyone!!!
Gina J.
Scotch Plains, NJ
Review for: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
I was given this product for promotional purposes so I was a first time user. Since it is an acne product I couldn't use it right away- I had to wait for a pimple to test it out! Well- am I impressed. I had a big zit right near my eye so I just dabbed a little on before I went to bed, waking up the next morning it was practically gone! I knocked it down a star because the smell is very harsh and since I needed to use it near my eye, I teared up a bit. The packaging is beautiful as it comes in a nice glass bottle. A little goes a long way with this so be careful! Overall would definitely recommend.
Jenn B.
Cochranville, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
A simple yet amazing acne product. I have used many different products with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid throughout the years, with varying degrees of success. While this product has a tiny bit of salicylic acid, the main ingredients are natural, like calamine, camphor, and zinc oxide. What I love about this product is that it works well on both small blemishes near the surface and deeper cystic acne (best if you can start applying it as soon as you feel something starting to appear). I don't mind the smell at all, but some may be put off because it does have a strong antiseptic scent from the camphor (kind of smells like eucalyptus or tea tree oil). It can sting a tiny bit when you first apply it, due to the alcohol, but it goes away right away and doesn't dry out your skin terribly like some one-the-spot treatments. A little bit goes a long way since you only use it overnight (because it leaves a chalky pink residue on the skin. Definitely worth the price!
Katie J.
Everyone should know about this product. If you have not already used this product then what are you waiting for???

You know the feeling....the approaching zit. Sometimes you feel it before you see it, or you see it looming on the horizon of your skin. Ain't nobody got time for that! Solution? MB's Drying Lotion. Proceed with your usual nightly face routine, moisturizers and all, and the last step before you head to bed is to take a Q-tip and cover your spots with this magic lotion. Sometimes it'll take a few days for those extra angry pimples, but sometimes if I catch 'em early enough one night of this stuff takes care of those bad boys.

I love this product because I have combination skin with oily t-zone and dry cheeks. I tend to stay away from drying products from my cheeks, especially in winter, except my cheeks are what tend to have breakouts. I love that I can maintain my normal facial routine with this product and can apply a spot treatment directly to the problem zit, versus drying out the entire area.
Samantha S.
Norwalk, OH
Review for: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Ive been on the search for a good acne spot treatment, and I love Mario Badescu's skin care line so I thought I would give this a try.  I have seen a drastic change in my acne since I have used this drying lotion. I wash  my face every night and after I wash my face I dip a Q-tip in the bottle and just dab the drying lotion on my acne spots. The redness and acne has gone down drastically. I recommend this product to anyone.
Dilara A.
Cape May Ch, NJ
Review for: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
This is a miracle in a little bottle!!! I purchased this and another Mario Badescu product at Ulta and I have fallen in love with the brand so far. If you have acne prone skin you’ll love this! It’s gentle, affordable and effective. You dip a cotton swab into the pink sediment, dab onto your blemishes and let it dry overnight. It works like a charm the next day! I will forever purchase this product. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Antonia M.
Escanaba, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Works amazing. I work Midnight's so sometimes I'll come home from work in the a.m. With a zit that formed in the last couple hours. I put this on before bed and by like noon it's reduced in size, redness, and sometimes it's even gone. Do not Pop the zit first, and do not shake the contents of the bottle. Dip a cotton swab into the bottom of the bottle. If you do shake it, just let the contents settle before using.
lindsey s.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is hyped for a reason. I have battled acne for many years and besides prescription spot treatment, not much has been successful in shrinking/preventing my spots. But this product is incredible and within 1-2 days my spots are gone if not shrunken incredibly. I just dip a cotton swab through the liquid into the sediment and apply the sediment/cream directly to my spots (if you haven’t read the bottle, DO NOT SHAKE). Be careful not to apply to broken skin because the ingredients meant to dry your pimps out (isopropyl alcohol) will burn. I would highly highly recommend this to anyone with stubborn acne or even just a couple of whiteheads. Just note—if you have cystic acne, check out the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion instead or with the Drying Lotion. As long as I have skin, I’ll be repurchasing the Drying Lotion!
Cassandra I.
Kissimmee, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
So, $17 may feel like a steep price tag for this little bottle, HOWEVER, it works extremely well. As always, I am a sulfur fiend, so one of the active ingredients in this bottle is, you guessed it, SULFUR -- but this little bottle packs a huge punch, and a little bit goes a LONG way. I have oily skin, and cyclic acne, so I pretty much only reach for this 5 days a month, but when I do, I see results. My acne spots are smaller and/or depending on how far along they are, have come to a head faster than a "normal" acne spot "lifecycle". My other favorite part about this product, is the calamine (zinc oxide) lotion in this! It helps calm irritation, reduces acne size, and draws oil out of the skin. 10/10. Find $17 lying around your house, go to your local Ulta or the Mario Badescu website, and get yourself one.
Gaby O.
Burlington, NJ
Tina N.
Is this item worth the hype?
Gina d.
Branford, CT
About how long does this bottle last you?
Heather C.
Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA
Is this good for dry skin?