BY MARIO BADESCU #31 in Facial Moisturizers

Ingredients

How To Use

Do not apply to eye area. If product gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

• does this really works? I want to buy.6 Answers
  • I’ve been thinking about getting this for a while but it’...6 Answers
  • Is it worth the price? And I’m not quite sure if I got it...4 Answers
Amanda V.
Edmonson, TX
This stuff is an absolute GODSEND for pimples/breakouts. I bought it from Ulta and was a little bit hesitant because of the price but it is worth every penny! I’ll tell you a little about the product before telling you about my amazing experiences. First of all, one thing you guys should know is that this stuff is very odd looking with the clear liquid and pink sediment on the bottom, but it’s supposed to be that way and they are NOT supposed to be mixed whatsoever. To use, you just dip a Q-Tip to dip down through the clear liquid and touch the pink sediment. The pink sediment will adhere to the Q-Tip and that’s what you will use to add to affected area. Another important thing to know is that this stuff smells EXTREMELY strong, but once you see how amazing it works, it probably won’t bother you. Another thing is that it doesn’t go on clear; it puts a pink layer over the pimples/breakouts so it’s not something you would want to wear during the day unless you’re staying in the house and not going anywhere. It’s more ideal to use before bed. My first experience was amazing! I tried it on a big nasty pimple the night I purchased it. It was one of those great big ones that’s extremely inflamed, painful and BRIGHT RED! I put some of the product on my pimple after my skin care routine and thankfully it dried up nice because I was worried about it transferring to my pillowcase or blanket but it did not. I woke up the next morning and to my surprise, the pimple was pretty much gone completely. No redness, no inflammation, no pain.... nothing. It was flat to my skin but not red at all so you wouldn’t have even known it had been a pimple the day before. I seriously couldn’t believe my eyes! I’ve tried it on smaller pimples and sometimes there is absolutely no trace the next day... it’s unbelievable! Even if you can still see the pimple the next day, it will be an EXTREME difference! Another thing I love about this is that the tiniest little bit goes a very long way so this will last you sooo long. I highly recommend this to anyone that gets occasional pimples/breakouts! It will be your best friend.
Yami G.
Palmdale, CA
This product did not work for me at all. Instead of doing what it said it does, it did the complete opposite. I applied to the Whitehead’s and left over night how it’s supposed to be. The next morning instead of them being dry, I woke up with bigger pimples. My face would hurt, well only the areas where I applied it. I did not shake the solution like it said, I only dipped a cotton swab in the pink sediment and applied. I don’t know what went wrong but my face broke out bad and it would hurt. Now I’ve had acne before but it had never gotten to the point of having pain on my face. Also after that day I stopped using the product until my acne cleared up, well my face was dry and I had bad scarring from the pimples. I don’t ever pick on a pimple because I know that it scars up, so I was so confused and worried because of how my face reacted to it. I was in pain for a couple days and j realized it was the product because i decided to try once again a few weeks later and the same thing happened. His was the worst product I have ever tried on my face. As you can see it’s basically brand new just used it twice for the same reason that it didn’t work for me. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion I don’t know if this happened to anyone else before, but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
Fran N.
Literal life saver. This has a strong scent, because of what it is, but it does not linger so you won't smell it when you're going to sleep I PROMISE I'm very sensitive to scents so when things still smell strongly for my overnight treatments, I cannot go through with them.

I use this specifically when I have really bad breakouts and stubborn acne and I swear to god, that crap will go down and be beaten down until it's gone. On good days when my acne flare ups aren't horrible, using the drying lotion overnight will pretty much reduce and diminish my acne as if it was never there. On bad days, the acne will still be there but less red, less painful, less inflamed BUT STILL THERE UGH, so I usually use it again until it's no longer inflamed.

Because this is very drying, the next morning I recommended using a gentler cleanser, and a heavy moisturizer and almost layer it on the areas you spot treated.

Honestly this is the best, it's good for sensitive skin, but I do warn you that you have to precisely put it on the acne ONLY and no other surrounding area if you have sensitive skin or else it will be no good! Don't cause yourself pain when you don't have to!
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
Absolute favorite spot treatment for acne, hands down. This drying lotion literally works overnight to clear pimples. I was amazed. The product is two separated solutions in one bottle, make sure you don't shake and mix the solution! I made that mistake the first night because I failed to read the directions. Just simply dip a Q-tip into the bottle, making sure you reach and saturate the Q-tip with the pink solution in the bottom of the bottle. It has a fresh minty smell, and tingles a little as soon as you apply it. Do not rub it in, just let it dry. I litteraly wake up the next morning and just see a little white dry spot where the pimple used to be. Wash your face and just like that, your pimple is gone. I just wish it came in a bigger bottle! You will not regret spending money on this product, I can promise you that. Everyone who I have recommended this to has loved it.
Jas L.
I have heard so many great things about the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. Some of my friends were weary about the product when I told them I was going to buy it as they said it didn't work for them but I still went ahead and bought the product anyways. With the product being $17, I expected my pimples to go away overnight after putting the drying lotion on. The first time I tried it and woke up the next morning, nothing happened. My pimples were still there, they did not shrink at all. I so desperately wanted this product to work and gave it many more chances but they product still failed me. I'm not sure if it's just my skin type, as I have really oily skin, or that the product is overhyped but I am really disappointed with this product and just have 3/4th of a bottle of it sitting in my house. My friends all have different skin types than me and also say that the product doesn't really work. If you want to buy this, I suggest finding a way to test it out and see if it works for you so you won't end up wasting $17 on a small bottle of something that doesn't even work.
Cassie B.
California, MD
I used to have acne, all the time! I would get huge pimples on my forehead. This is the one thing I would use that actually made a difference. I would do this on my pimples with a qtip at night and in the morning would wash any remaining product off. This would help dry my spots up quickly without making a scene (causing acne scarring like past products I've used). Now if this hasn't already talked you into trying this product, listen to this. My husband even likes this product when he has a spot. We are talking about the lowest maintenance military man that uses one product in the shower, the cheapest body wash at the store to wash even his face and his hair. A man who refuses to use lotion when his skin is dry because "it's not manly." He took my last bottle of this and used it up. Now, go get you some.
Monique F.
Philadelphia, PA
I've suffered from acne since puberty, nothing works 100% on my skin. I guess my skin is stubborn like that. I've tried over the counter, prescription & homemade products. These products help but do not eliminate my acne entirely. I heard great things about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion so I decided to purchase it. And once again I had the same results with all the other products I've used, it helps but does not eliminate. I had this large pimple for a week and a half, I used this drying lotion and it diminished the pimple considerably but the pimple is still on my face a week later. I've used it on smaller pimples and they seemed to disappear with 2-3 days. This product does not work overnight, like some people say. It does not leave my skin beautifully clear, I still have redness & a scar. Product does transfer when I use it overnight, I wake up with almost nothing on my face and the product on my pillow. I gave this 4 stars because I do believe it helps, its just not the miracle people make it out to be.
**** After a few weeks of usage, I wanted to edit my review because product isn't worth the money. I get way better results just using tea tree oil overnight. I wake up and my redness has diminished and my pimples are almost gone. Don't waste your money on this if you have stubborn skin.
Allison A.
Monrovia, IN
One of the things that constantly happens with this product is people use it wrong. Stop shaking it up. It won't work if you shake it up. Drip your q-tip into the pink stuff and put it on your breakout and just leave it there. I leave it there over night and it works beautifully. Don't expect magic. Nothing is magic. It won't magically go away but it will be reduced and on its way to going away without major issues for most of us. I mean that, for most of us. I am 35 and still get hormonal breakouts and have horribly dry skin. It happens. This is a go to for me when those break outs happen. It is one of two brands that help. I know it doesn't work for everyone but hey give it a try and if it doesn't work, try other things in the brand the will surprise you.
Dana P.
This was one of the first products I tried from this brand. I've held off writing a review for this product for a while, as I've struggled with acne for some time and often ill use a product they will appear to work and then stop working. I have used this product as well as the buffering lotion for more then six months now and my skin is so much clearer. I have been on various medications for my acne and honestly none of them have worked as well as this product. I put this product on before bed and often by the morning I can see a huge difference in my skin. Since I started using this product I have started using this brands other products as well and I am so much happier with my skin then I have been in years.
grace l.
Uxbridge
Bottom Line: You NEED this in your life.

I am one who has struggled with acne for almost 10 years now and have tried everything in the book. This product is the best for acne - even those pesky pimples that never seem to go away.

I dip a q-tip into this and apply a little wherever I have a pimple (sometimes this is quite literally almost my entire face) before bed, and when I wake up, my blemishes have gone down in size significantly or are completely flat/flush with the skin (as opposed to being raised significantly).

I think this product is very fairly priced for the effect that it has. Definitely recommend.
Gaby O.
Burlington, NJ
Tina N.
Is this item worth the hype?
Gina d.
Branford, CT
About how long does this bottle last you?
Heather C.
Staff
Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA
Is this good for dry skin?

back