Add a Photo

By MARIO BADESCU
Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion - The Drying Lotion is a fast acting, effective acne spot treatment. Formulated with salicylic acid, calamine and other quick-drying ingredients, this product will shrink ugly whiteheads virtually overnight while you sleep. While other acne spot treatments can irritate and dry delicate or sensitive skin, this product is safe and effective for all skin types. - Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion
Photos (147)
fait d.
fait d.

My skin has been a long and difficult journey. I have tried so many different combinations of remedies, medicines, creams, treatments, you name it to solve my acne issue. None of them worked, not even big brands like Pro Activ. They all just seemed to make everything worse. Then I came across Mario Badescu. I use this drying lotion every night and some mornings-- I wear it underneath my makeup when I have a bad spot (which has gotten so much more rare since using the product).
Surprisingly, this has been the product that worsened my dry skin the least! Instead of making my face into a crackling mess in order to solve one pimple, this product magically targets **just** the pimple, drains the life out of it no matter what stage of development it is at, and gently exfoliates a very thin layer of skin surrounding. Somehow this product has also solved the issue of hyperpigmentation and acne scarring!! Scars from zits hardly last even a couple days when I use this on them, no matter how dark they start.
Sometimes I have to pinch myself-- this product must be too good to be true?? I no longer have to stress out about my face. My skin feels healthy and clean all the time :)) Don't know what I would do without this product! Thank you.
Susie D.
Susie D.

I love this product! It is such a unique application method, but I feel as though I can really FEEL the product drying up my zits. After only one use, I notice immediate results. My blemishes are always smaller and less red when I use it! Not to mention, I'm sort of obsessed with the smell. Something about it makes me want to drench my face in it!
The only con I have to mention is that it is not so easy to travel with. The product is basically made of two parts-- the pink drying lotion on the bottom, and a clear liquid on the bottom. The liquid keeps the product wet enough so it can work effectively. You dip a cotton swab into the product and then dab it on your face. Because the two substances need to stay separated, you aren't supposed to shake the bottle. After I brought it on one trip, the drying lotion lined the whole interior of the bottle, and was too dry to use. Now I just leave it at home and opt not to bring it on trips. Despite this small annoyance, I will definitely buy this product again and again!
Julia A.
Julia A.
Allston, MA

Immediate results! I bought this when it went on sale at Ulta after seeing a lot of positive reviews. In the past, I had tried a similar product from a different brand that I remember liking, so I was excited to try this. The ingredients list is short and simple, and full of natural products, which I was really pleased about. I have occasional acne (some hormonal, some from bad food choices, some from stress), and while I found that tea tree and aloe work pretty well over time, I wanted something that would be more effective immediately. This was such a success for me. I applied this product after my skincare routine on my breakouts, let it dry, and went to bed. By the morning, the breakouts were either gone or significantly reduced. Seriously, what an awesome product. My skin didn't feel dry or flaky where I applied it, either, which I was nervous about (I have normal-to-combo skin, depending on the season). Amazing product - highly recommend.
XOBABE B.
XOBABE B.

I really love this product I recently purchased this a few days ago (via shipping) and my first impressions at first was, is this product still going to work for me? (Cause I received it completely shaken) & the label on the bottle says "DO NOT SHAKE" but after reading a couple online reviews it was safe to say it would still work just as fine if you let it sit for a couple hours and let the ingredients completely separate after a few hours had passed, I tried it on a couple of unfortunate spots on my face during the evening and by the next morning it really decreased in size! This didn't completely diminish the pimple but after a couple more uses it definitely speeds up the process I would purchase this again & I've already been recommending to family & friends who suffer with acne. The smell might be a tad strong but is safe to use on sensitive skin! It did not brake me out what so ever
Maria B.
Maria B.
San Antonio, TX

I have cystic acne problems, so it's been difficult for me to find a cleanser that works well. Basically, cystic means my breakouts are cyclical based on hormone changes, and they are always in the same spot. While my normal routine works great most of the time, once the cystic acne starts to appear, nothing ever seemd to work, not even a spot treatment. This product was a game changer though. It's very strong, so try on a small spot at first. Once applied, it dries and you leave it on overnight. By the next day, my breakouts were almost invisible, and now that this lotion is part of my routine, I can catch the cystic breakouts before they develop very large, and I have great skin all month long! This was worth every penny, and it lasts a very long time, since it is so potent. Just applying at night for 3 days a month and I'm able to keep my cystic acne in check.
Damilola À.
Damilola À.

This is honestly one of the best spot treatments that I have ever used. I've tried stuff from the drugstore (Neutrogena, clean and clear), Sephora (murad) and Ulta (clinque) and this is the product that works. I used to use Clinque Acne Solutions spot gel and it did do a good job at first but I think that my skin got used to it and it lost it's power so to say. So I went looking for a new spot treatment and I'm happy that I gave this a try. It's about the same price as the Clinque one ($17) and worth it. It comes in a small glass bottle but don't let the size full you, there's enough to get at least 2-3 months out if it. Just make sure not to shake the bottle and let the solution dry on your face. But be warned there will be white marks on your pillow and white flakes whenever you move your face but that's just because the solution has dried up.
Katie I.
Katie I.
West Lafayette, IN

During my senior year of high school, I got the biggest pimple I have ever had right in the crease of my chin under my mouth. My prescription acne medication wouldn't make a difference - prom was in like 2 days and the zit had already grown. I was desperate to get this horrible nasty thing off my face and save my prom. I went into Ulta nearly in tears and the sweet gals working handed me a bottle of this product and wished me luck. I was shocked at the result. You just take a q-tip and dip it into the bottle, making sure to get some of the pink clay at the bottom. Don't shake the bottle though! Apply with a q-tip at night and go to sleep. When you wake up, wash your face and you'll see the pimple will have dried out and shrunk considerably. After using this product I was able to use makeup to cover the monster zit and my prom was saved!
Brooke A.
Brooke A.

I used this after many many of my friends had recommended this to me for stubborn pimples. I am extremely fortunate to have very clear skin and have never suffered from acne or bad breakouts, so when I have a pimple it is usually just on my forehead right before my period. For small pimples, this product worked ok for me; however, for deep pimples that felt like mountains on my forehead.. this product did not seem to do much of anything after putting it on overnight. I used toothpaste and it had the same results for the large pimples/blemishes. I thought the smell was extremely potent as well, but went away a little after it dried. Overall, I think that toothpaste works just as well as this product; however.. this product led me to try many more Mario Badescu products that I am in absolute love with!
Jess L.
Jess L.
Great Neck, NY

I bought this product on a whim after having heard the rave reviews about it. I was a bit skeptical, but after using this for many months, I'm hooked. My skin can be a bit on and off at times, but I tend to usually get massive, painful pimples on all areas of my face. Having combination skin, I was nervous at the thought of this product completely drying out my face and leaving me with peeling skin everywhere, but it does completely the opposite! After dipping the cotton swab in the pink substance ONLY and letting it dry overnight, the pimples are targeted and gone the next day, just like magic. For those with dry skin, i would be careful to moisturize the skin when using this product to prevent dry patches, but I definitely recommend this to all. Your skin will thank you!
Tawnie H.
Tawnie H.
Lenoir, NC

Can Mario Badescu do wrong?!  This drying lotion is a must-have if you're like me and are graced with zits and blemishes (I thought it breakouts were supposed to be more common in your adolescence and once you became an adult...they stop wrecking your face so often?!?)!  Now, I don't think this is a miracle product, in which it's going to make your zits disappear overnight....but it does help reduce the size and redness pretty quickly!  Once I feel a blemish beginning, I dab this stuff on immediately and feel confident that it will help keep things under control.  It does have a strong smell and it can be drying (duh...it's a drying lotion), so be aware of this if you're sensitive to smells or have dry skin.This is a skin staple and my go-to when my skin is acting up.
Gaby O.
Gaby O.
Burlington

Tina N.
Tina N.

Is this item worth the hype?
Gina d.
Gina d.
Branford, CT

About how long does this bottle last you?
Heather C.
Heather C.

Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA

Is this good for dry skin?

Join Now