BY MARIO BADESCU #21 in Facial Moisturizers

This is the original, award-winning spot treatment for pimples. Renowned for its ability to help dry up surface blemishes overnight, our iconic Drying Lotion continues to reign as a best-selling favorite amongst beauty editors, celebrities, and professionals worldwide. This fast-acting, effective spot treatment is specially formulated with Salicylic Acid, Sulfur, and Zinc Oxide to help draw impurities from the skin and target pesky pimples while you sleep.

#MBSKINTIP:

No matter how tempted you are, don’t shake the bottle. Don’t worry if you do—simply set the bottle on an even, flat surface. Leave it undisturbed overnight and voilà: your Drying Lotion is settled and looking brand new.

You can use your Drying Lotion to target surface blemishes on the back, chest, and neck, too.

• I’ve been thinking about getting this for a while but it’s £16 fo...4 Answers
  • Is it worth the price? And I’m not quite sure if I got it right, ...3 Answers
  • Goes this really dry up pimple.!?7 Answers
Amanda V.
Edmonson, TX
This stuff is an absolute GODSEND for pimples/breakouts. I bought it from Ulta and was a little bit hesitant because of the price but it is worth every penny! I’ll tell you a little about the product before telling you about my amazing experiences. First of all, one thing you guys should know is that this stuff is very odd looking with the clear liquid and pink sediment on the bottom, but it’s supposed to be that way and they are NOT supposed to be mixed whatsoever. To use, you just dip a Q-Tip to dip down through the clear liquid and touch the pink sediment. The pink sediment will adhere to the Q-Tip and that’s what you will use to add to affected area. Another important thing to know is that this stuff smells EXTREMELY strong, but once you see how amazing it works, it probably won’t bother you. Another thing is that it doesn’t go on clear; it puts a pink layer over the pimples/breakouts so it’s not something you would want to wear during the day unless you’re staying in the house and not going anywhere. It’s more ideal to use before bed. My first experience was amazing! I tried it on a big nasty pimple the night I purchased it. It was one of those great big ones that’s extremely inflamed, painful and BRIGHT RED! I put some of the product on my pimple after my skin care routine and thankfully it dried up nice because I was worried about it transferring to my pillowcase or blanket but it did not. I woke up the next morning and to my surprise, the pimple was pretty much gone completely. No redness, no inflammation, no pain.... nothing. It was flat to my skin but not red at all so you wouldn’t have even known it had been a pimple the day before. I seriously couldn’t believe my eyes! I’ve tried it on smaller pimples and sometimes there is absolutely no trace the next day... it’s unbelievable! Even if you can still see the pimple the next day, it will be an EXTREME difference! Another thing I love about this is that the tiniest little bit goes a very long way so this will last you sooo long. I highly recommend this to anyone that gets occasional pimples/breakouts! It will be your best friend.
Jessica T.
Attleboro, MA
You’re missing out if you haven’t bought this yet! I was sooo skeptical if it was really worth the price- IT IS!! It’s amazing. It dries out pimples over night and you wake up looking like they never even existed. You just put the product directly on the blemish and it dries. It doesn’t get on your pillow because it dries right up. You will wake up in the morning and your pimple is dried out completely, even those new stubborn ones that usually take forever to go away. Make sure you do NOT Shake the product. It is supposed to be separated. You dip through the clear mixture and into the pink mixture with a Q-tip. The smell is very strong but you get used to it and once you see how amazing the product works- you won’t mind. It’s worth it.
Jas L.
I have heard so many great things about the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. Some of my friends were weary about the product when I told them I was going to buy it as they said it didn't work for them but I still went ahead and bought the product anyways. With the product being $17, I expected my pimples to go away overnight after putting the drying lotion on. The first time I tried it and woke up the next morning, nothing happened. My pimples were still there, they did not shrink at all. I so desperately wanted this product to work and gave it many more chances but they product still failed me. I'm not sure if it's just my skin type, as I have really oily skin, or that the product is overhyped but I am really disappointed with this product and just have 3/4th of a bottle of it sitting in my house. My friends all have different skin types than me and also say that the product doesn't really work. If you want to buy this, I suggest finding a way to test it out and see if it works for you so you won't end up wasting $17 on a small bottle of something that doesn't even work.
Cassie B.
California, MD
I used to have acne, all the time! I would get huge pimples on my forehead. This is the one thing I would use that actually made a difference. I would do this on my pimples with a qtip at night and in the morning would wash any remaining product off. This would help dry my spots up quickly without making a scene (causing acne scarring like past products I've used). Now if this hasn't already talked you into trying this product, listen to this. My husband even likes this product when he has a spot. We are talking about the lowest maintenance military man that uses one product in the shower, the cheapest body wash at the store to wash even his face and his hair. A man who refuses to use lotion when his skin is dry because "it's not manly." He took my last bottle of this and used it up. Now, go get you some.
Monique F.
Philadelphia
I've suffered from acne since puberty, nothing works 100% on my skin. I guess my skin is stubborn like that. I've tried over the counter, prescription & homemade products. These products help but do not eliminate my acne entirely. I heard great things about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion so I decided to purchase it. And once again I had the same results with all the other products I've used, it helps but does not eliminate. I had this large pimple for a week and a half, I used this drying lotion and it diminished the pimple considerably but the pimple is still on my face a week later. I've used it on smaller pimples and they seemed to disappear with 2-3 days. This product does not work overnight, like some people say. It does not leave my skin beautifully clear, I still have redness & a scar. Product does transfer when I use it overnight, I wake up with almost nothing on my face and the product on my pillow. I gave this 4 stars because I do believe it helps, its just not the miracle people make it out to be.
Gina J.
Scotch Plains, NJ
I was given this product for promotional purposes so I was a first time user. Since it is an acne product I couldn't use it right away- I had to wait for a pimple to test it out! Well- am I impressed. I had a big zit right near my eye so I just dabbed a little on before I went to bed, waking up the next morning it was practically gone! I knocked it down a star because the smell is very harsh and since I needed to use it near my eye, I teared up a bit. The packaging is beautiful as it comes in a nice glass bottle. A little goes a long way with this so be careful! Overall would definitely recommend.
Nicolette C.
Staten Island , NY
This product from Mario works WONDERS!!! I am always skeptical about products that say they will dry out your acne overnight and fix break outs but this one actually works. This little jar has a pink clay on the bottom and an oil substance on top that you DO NOT SHAKE! You dip a qtip into the pink and then dap the product on your break out. I had a huge painful pimple and it is literally almost gone after using this once overnight. If you are prone to spot acne do not pop them, just dab this on and you’ll be good to go the next day! I completely recommend, and to even get some money off of it Mario Badescu always has little discount codes on their website!
ALEXANDRA R.
Las Vegas, NV
Spot treatment heaven!! I discovered this product a few years ago and after I purchased it, I still have yet to buy a second bottle- that's how long it's lasted. It's truly a miracle for acne sufferers and whenever I have even a small acne bulge developing, I'll dab a little dot of this miracle formula on and by morning, my pimple has vanished or at least diminished drastically. The scent is very medicinal, like alcohol, and does sting a bit if applied to an open or popped pimple. I don't mind the scent because I know the product does what it's meant to do. Definitely worth a try!
Alex Nicole G.
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion Hands down one of the best ever spot treatment product out there!!! I always have a back up of this product bc it's just that good, and yes it WORKS! And works very well!! This is a drying lotion that you put on the blemish (I usually do it at night before bed), and you leave it. I usually leave it over night. I guarantee you the blemish will be a bit smaller and way less irritated by morning! After maybe 2 days it will be gone!! I can't live without this! Being a normal breakout kinda gal, I use this weekly! Just a amazing product period!
Marilyn W.
Kewaskum, WI
This is the light at the end of a dark tunnel. I've never had an issue with acne or problematic skin. I do however get the monthly pimple which is always so big and hurts which makes it so much more noticeable on my face. After being introduced to this I no longer worry about it. I just use a Q-tip, dip it in to the bottom to get to the pink product at the bottom, dap it on my pimple and by the next morning it's already such a huge differenve. Reducing redness, bringing down the size and drying it out after just a few short days of using it my pimple is almost completely gone when before it seems like I would have it for 2 weeks straight.
Gaby O.
Burlington, NJ
Gina d.
Branford, CT
About how long does this bottle last you?
Tina N.
Is this item worth the hype?
Heather C.
Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA
Is this good for dry skin?