BY MARIO BADESCU #23 in Facial Moisturizers

Ingredients

How To Use

Do not apply to eye area. If product gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

• does this really works? I want to buy.3 Answers
  • I’ve been thinking about getting this for a while but it’...4 Answers
  • Is it worth the price? And I’m not quite sure if I got it...3 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Amanda V.
Edmonson, TX
This stuff is an absolute GODSEND for pimples/breakouts. I bought it from Ulta and was a little bit hesitant because of the price but it is worth every penny! I’ll tell you a little about the product before telling you about my amazing experiences. First of all, one thing you guys should know is that this stuff is very odd looking with the clear liquid and pink sediment on the bottom, but it’s supposed to be that way and they are NOT supposed to be mixed whatsoever. To use, you just dip a Q-Tip to dip down through the clear liquid and touch the pink sediment. The pink sediment will adhere to the Q-Tip and that’s what you will use to add to affected area. Another important thing to know is that this stuff smells EXTREMELY strong, but once you see how amazing it works, it probably won’t bother you. Another thing is that it doesn’t go on clear; it puts a pink layer over the pimples/breakouts so it’s not something you would want to wear during the day unless you’re staying in the house and not going anywhere. It’s more ideal to use before bed. My first experience was amazing! I tried it on a big nasty pimple the night I purchased it. It was one of those great big ones that’s extremely inflamed, painful and BRIGHT RED! I put some of the product on my pimple after my skin care routine and thankfully it dried up nice because I was worried about it transferring to my pillowcase or blanket but it did not. I woke up the next morning and to my surprise, the pimple was pretty much gone completely. No redness, no inflammation, no pain.... nothing. It was flat to my skin but not red at all so you wouldn’t have even known it had been a pimple the day before. I seriously couldn’t believe my eyes! I’ve tried it on smaller pimples and sometimes there is absolutely no trace the next day... it’s unbelievable! Even if you can still see the pimple the next day, it will be an EXTREME difference! Another thing I love about this is that the tiniest little bit goes a very long way so this will last you sooo long. I highly recommend this to anyone that gets occasional pimples/breakouts! It will be your best friend.
Melissa E.
Prescott Vly, AZ
I hope I don’t discourage anyone from trying this by my review, because I firmly believe that what doesn’t work for one person, doesn’t it mean it won’t work for someone else. I was recommended this product by a sales leader at ulta who made this product seem like it was going to be my holy grail, since I’ve been dealing with acne since 13... I couldn’t have been more excited to try it. The price that I bought it was for $18.00... but if it was going to work over night and I was going to wake up with all of my pimples gone, I didn’t care. Before trying the product I read a billion reviews, I did not find one person who had a bad experience. So, I made sure I did everything I was supposed to. I did NOT shake the bottle, the pink sediment is made to stay at the bottom. I took my clean Q-tip and dipped into the pink sediment and applied it to all of my pimples. I went to bed, woke up so excited to look in the mirror and I was so disappointed. It did absolutely nothing. It didn’t make my pimples smaller, it didn’t remove the redness, it didn’t do anything I was told it would. I didn’t give up though, I still tried it again the next night, and then the next night, and then the night... and I couldn’t have been more discouraged. Still nothing had changed. I actually ended up returning the product to get my money back so I could use it on something that would actually work for me... but like I said, just because it didn’t work magical wonders for me.. doesn’t it mean it won’t work magical wonders for you! Everyone is different, especially their skin!
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH!!!!!! Absolute favorite spot treatment for acne hands down. This drying lotion literally works overnight to clear pimples. I was amazed. The product is two separated solutions in one bottle.. DO NOT SHAKE! I made that mistake the first night because I dont like to read directions.... Simply dip a Q-tip into the bottle, making sure you reach and saturate the Q-tip with the pink solution in the bottom of the bottle. It has a fresh almost minty smell, and tingles a little as soon as you apply it. Do not rub it in, just let it dry. I litteraly wake up the next morning and just see a little white dry spot where the pimple used to be. Just wash your face and just like that, your pimple is gone. I just wish it came in a bigger bottle! You will not regret spending money on this product, I can promise you that. Everyone who I have recommended this to has loved it.
Jas L.
I have heard so many great things about the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. Some of my friends were weary about the product when I told them I was going to buy it as they said it didn't work for them but I still went ahead and bought the product anyways. With the product being $17, I expected my pimples to go away overnight after putting the drying lotion on. The first time I tried it and woke up the next morning, nothing happened. My pimples were still there, they did not shrink at all. I so desperately wanted this product to work and gave it many more chances but they product still failed me. I'm not sure if it's just my skin type, as I have really oily skin, or that the product is overhyped but I am really disappointed with this product and just have 3/4th of a bottle of it sitting in my house. My friends all have different skin types than me and also say that the product doesn't really work. If you want to buy this, I suggest finding a way to test it out and see if it works for you so you won't end up wasting $17 on a small bottle of something that doesn't even work.
Anne R.
After hearing many people rave about this product I decided to purchase it. I used to use the Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment but let me tell you, this is an EXACT dupe for so much cheaper. Whenever I have a pimple I apply this on my face after moisturizer and keep it on overnight. Now the pimple doesn’t automatically go away for me personally the next day, BUT it definitely is significantly smaller! . Out of all the spot treatments I’ve used, this is the most effective. The clay like texture really dries the blemish out. AMy only cons would be the smell and i hate how it rubs off on my pillow at night, even if it’s dry. But those are easily tolerable for me! Also, be careful when you put this on an open pimple because it will sting! I would highly highly recommend this spot treatment to everyone. It will give you results faster then a lot of other similar products on the market.
Cassie B.
California, MD
I used to have acne, all the time! I would get huge pimples on my forehead. This is the one thing I would use that actually made a difference. I would do this on my pimples with a qtip at night and in the morning would wash any remaining product off. This would help dry my spots up quickly without making a scene (causing acne scarring like past products I've used). Now if this hasn't already talked you into trying this product, listen to this. My husband even likes this product when he has a spot. We are talking about the lowest maintenance military man that uses one product in the shower, the cheapest body wash at the store to wash even his face and his hair. A man who refuses to use lotion when his skin is dry because "it's not manly." He took my last bottle of this and used it up. Now, go get you some.
Monique F.
Philadelphia, PA
I've suffered from acne since puberty, nothing works 100% on my skin. I guess my skin is stubborn like that. I've tried over the counter, prescription & homemade products. These products help but do not eliminate my acne entirely. I heard great things about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion so I decided to purchase it. And once again I had the same results with all the other products I've used, it helps but does not eliminate. I had this large pimple for a week and a half, I used this drying lotion and it diminished the pimple considerably but the pimple is still on my face a week later. I've used it on smaller pimples and they seemed to disappear with 2-3 days. This product does not work overnight, like some people say. It does not leave my skin beautifully clear, I still have redness & a scar. Product does transfer when I use it overnight, I wake up with almost nothing on my face and the product on my pillow. I gave this 4 stars because I do believe it helps, its just not the miracle people make it out to be.
**** After a few weeks of usage, I wanted to edit my review because product isn't worth the money. I get way better results just using tea tree oil overnight. I wake up and my redness has diminished and my pimples are almost gone. Don't waste your money on this if you have stubborn skin.
Dana P.
This was one of the first products I tried from this brand. I've held off writing a review for this product for a while, as I've struggled with acne for some time and often ill use a product they will appear to work and then stop working. I have used this product as well as the buffering lotion for more then six months now and my skin is so much clearer. I have been on various medications for my acne and honestly none of them have worked as well as this product. I put this product on before bed and often by the morning I can see a huge difference in my skin. Since I started using this product I have started using this brands other products as well and I am so much happier with my skin then I have been in years.
Natalie R.
La Jolla, CA
For anyone out there who suffers with acne or has some pimples pop up, this is the product for you. It drys out your pimples so much WITHOUT drying out your skin which is something i really look for in acne products. I do my usual evening cleansing routine and after i moisturize I dab on the drying lotion using a q-tip. Depending on the size of the pimple it will either be completely gone or dramatically down in size by the next morning no joke!! I swear by this product and i bet you will too. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Erica L.
This drying lotion is perfect for helping my pimples disappear over night! I’m not one to break out, but I do get a couple of them once a month which is when I bring out this drying lotion. I put it on the break out before bed and in the morning it is gone... the acne mark is still visible but can easily be covered without it looking like I sprouted mountains on my face. The price does seem steep for such a small bottle, but it goes a very long way because you use very little at a time.
Gaby O.
Burlington, NJ
Tina N.
Is this item worth the hype?
Gina d.
Branford, CT
About how long does this bottle last you?
Heather C.
Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA
Is this good for dry skin?