BY MARIO BADESCU

Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion - The Drying Lotion is a fast acting, effective acne spot treatment. Formulated with salicylic acid, calamine and other quick-drying ingredients, this product will shrink ugly whiteheads virtually overnight while you sleep. While other acne spot treatments can irritate and dry delicate or sensitive skin, this product is safe and effective for all skin types. - Plastic Bottle Drying Lotion see more...

• Goes this really dry up pimple.!?6 Answers
  • I love Mario Badescu products but I've never tried this! What exa...4 Answers
  • Drying lotion? What is it for?2 Answers
Maria B.
San Antonio, TX
I have cystic acne problems, so it's been difficult for me to find a cleanser that works well. Basically, cystic means my breakouts are cyclical based on hormone changes, and they are always in the same spot. While my normal routine works great most of the time, once the cystic acne starts to appear, nothing ever seemd to work, not even a spot treatment. This product was a game changer though. It's very strong, so try on a small spot at first. Once applied, it dries and you leave it on overnight. By the next day, my breakouts were almost invisible, and now that this lotion is part of my routine, I can catch the cystic breakouts before they develop very large, and I have great skin all month long! This was worth every penny, and it lasts a very long time, since it is so potent. Just applying at night for 3 days a month and I'm able to keep my cystic acne in check.
Sara K.
Rohnert Park, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product works amazing on my skin! I recently had a terrible breakout, with acne covering my cheeks, jaw area, and my chin. even though this is a spot treatment, I covered the entire area of my breakout with this at night and washed it off in the morning. I did this two days in a row and while it cleared up a lot of blemishes, it left my skin with dry patches but I realize that because I had applied so much onto my face. when you use this product just don't forget to moisturize your face before you apply the drying lotion. also, since the directions say to apply at night and wash it off in the morning, try to sleep without having your face on your pillow because the product will rub off and you won't see much results from it.
Judith A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had a whitehead that was ready to pop but I didn't want to risk anymore acne scars. I've heard good things about this product and decided to try it out. I was worried that it would dry out my already dry skin. I left the product on all day until the pink rubbed off and I applied it again overnight. There were no pink marks on my pillow. After I washed my face I noticed the whitehead dried up and went away. I applied the product again on what's left of the pimple and it didn't really sting. After applying it night and day for 2-3 days, the redness and size went away! I'm glad this product works and it's definitely worth the money. I only have 2-3 zits once a month. I know this will last a long time.
Brandy S.
Fall Branch, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wish I had found this in my teens or twenties instead of mid 30's. I have made leaps and bounds in the condition of my skin over the last 6 months or so, but I do still get a time of the month breakout. I bought this at Ulta this last month because I had a horrible cyst-like blemish to come up. It was gone within a week instead of the usual month or longer. It doesn't take much at all, and it's gently effective so you don't end up with a huge ugly scab while it's working on the blemish. Since you need so little, I find it more cost effective than anything I've gotten before. I love this, and I'll be keeping it around as my kids are right around the ages where teenage breakouts are on the horizon.
Tarah D.
Elmont, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is one of the few that live up to the hype that surrounds it after Kylie Jenner said that it was a must have. My friend bought it for me at Anthropologie for a whopping $17, and at first I was horrified at the price but once I used it I loved it. It has a cold and minty sensation on the skin when applied with a light tingling from the alcohol in the bottle. A little goes a long way, with one dip I managed to cover every blemish on my face and my younger brothers, so I see where the price is worth it bc this is a product that would last you a very long time. With two nights application my blemishes were gone and I was amazed! Definitely a must have for any beauty regimen
Sonia B.
Glendale, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff omg.... I have acne then I dint. Then I do... Omg it's annoying to say the least. I'm 37 with acne problems. So dang annoying. This is my first time buying because I saw a celebrity recommend this and dang this girl was onto something. I love love love it!!! Not like the kind where I'm getting paid to say this but the kind where I'd spend my money to repurchase this because it really freak in works. The lady at urban outfitters told me how to use it because they sell it there. I bought mine on Amazon but I happen to see it and told her I bought one and she's like well hey here's how u use it!!! Boom!!!! Include it when these suckers pop up and yes gone away!!!
Lindsey C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this on any spots I have and so far it seems to be doing the trick! I didn't realize it would smell so strong but it doesn't linger which is good. This isn't an overnight miracle worker, but after like a full day or two my spots are basically gone. They start to get less inflamed and red after the first day and then by the next day they are almost visibly gone. I actually put this on a cystic spot and it was much better after one day. It didn't go away for a couple days but it didn't hurt as much or seem as inflamed after putting this on it a couple of times. It's such a good product.
Elaine K.
Philadelphia, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Works fast but not as fast as claimed. Zit was definitely reduced after one use. Splurged on it to get rid of the worst zit of my life, and ended up knocking the bottle over and spilling most of it on my floor! Yikes! Sulfur and alcohol smell are not great, especially on my dresser... Despite my clumsiness, what was left killed my zit fast! Want to try the bye bye blemish, which is essentially the same thing but a friendlier price point. Make sure you use it correctly and follow directions, don't shake it, and don't knock it over on your dresser...
lexi k.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Until about two weeks ago I've never heard of this product. I was on YouTube and one of the uterus I watch had mentioned that Kylie Jenner uses it. I was very skeptical that when I walked into alternative saw they are sitting on a mario badescu table. For being $17 I wanted to make sure it worked for so again I look to YouTube. After buying it I read the instructions and it seemed easy enough different Q-tip in the pink sentiment and dab on your face. Oh my Lord have I fallen in love this is one of the best product I've ever used for my face.
Amanda K.
Davenport, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have adult acne, which is super embarrassing. Being almost 23 and still having to deal with pimples isn't fun. But this stuff has been pretty life changing. With this, a little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts forever. Make sure you don't shake the bottle, the pink is the medicine and the clear liquid is just there to keep the pink from drying out. Just dip a q tip in until it's touching the pink, and then dab on to pimple before you go to sleep. Every morning when I wake up, the pimples I applied the drying lotion to are dried up!
Gaby O.
Burlington, NJ
Gina d.
Branford, CT
About how long does this bottle last you?
Tina N.
Is this item worth the hype?
Heather C.
Has the alcohol in the product irritated your skin?
Miranda L.
Placentia, CA
Is this good for dry skin?