BY MARIO BADESCU

Exfoliating, AHA-enhanced face wash. Deep cleans and removes excess shine.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Parfum (Fragrance),Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Mica, Citronellol, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6), CI 16035 (Red 40)

How To Use

Gently massage cleanser in circular motions on wet skin. Leave on for 1-2 minutes to allow AHAs more time to dissolve away surface buildup, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Be sure to follow with an appropriate toner and moisturizer. If product gets into eyes, rinse well with water.

• Is this drying? My skin doesn't like to be dried out by f...2 Answers
  • The drying lotion from Mario Badescu works wonders for pi...2 Answers
  • Does anyone know if they have free samples of this product?5 Answers
Mario Badescu Botanical Facial Gel Cleanser
  • "I pair this product with the rose water spray and my face has never been better. With super dry and sensitive skin, no product (even the expensive ones!) have worked for me. I love that it's no a soap and it's very effortless. Would buy again and I will once my bottle runs out :)" in 9 reviews
  • "If you have oily skin like me, I would suggest you to get this cleanser especially if you have whiteheads/ blackheads problems. This cleanser is very moisturizing after cleaning your face and it smells great! I would say you can see clearer result after a week or so. I would say my skin has significantly improved after using this. " in 3 reviews
Sydney H.
This stuff is my HOLY GRAIL cleansing product! I’ve used many cleansers over the years and wasted money on products that irritated, burned, or created more acne problems than I began with. I have sensitive skin and all the “—- acid” treatments weren’t working for me. My skin is also a combo of dry and oily but my skin was overcompensating for the acidic treatments and I’d have dry patches and an oily tzone. This product has changed my skin for the better! I’ve been using it for over a year, and just bought my second bottle a year later. It works just as well in Maine as it does in Florida (I lived in both places in the past year). I’d recommend this brand to everyone because it has what you need for any and all possible skin types.
Carly E.
Saint Louis, MO
The Mario Badescu Botanical Facial Gel is my go-to cleanser. It's perfect for oily skin and gets makeup off too! It also has a great fresh summery scent. I love that it helps get rid of all the icky oils without making your skin feel dry. I would recommend this to anyone who has oily skin.
Rebeca H.
Minneapolis, MN
This gel is super gentle on my skin. I've been using this for about two months and my skin looks brighter and smoother! It's not very effective on taking off makeup - I would recommend using a makeup remover (or micellar water) beforehand. I like to rub it on a dry face and wash it off so that way the gel really sets in for a few minutes.
Madison F.
Las Vegas, NV
Purchased at: ULTA
This stuff is absolutely amazing! It makes my skin so incredibly beautiful and smooth. The price is amazing because it last for such a long time. I love the packaging and I love the soft, subtle scent it has to it. It’s amazing for my oily skin. Would recommend to anyone with extremely oily skin, but that doesn’t want something over drying.
Vanessa S.
Westland, MI
I haven’t had this cleanser for very long, but I can already see a huge difference in my skin. It doesn’t dry out my combo-sensitive skin, and it doesn’t break me out either. My face feels smooth and hydrated, and my oiliness has diminished. I think that for $14, this product is amazing. It’s a little higher price tag than drugstore, but the ingredients are natural and safe for my skin and it’s more than worth what it’s sold for.
Melissa G.
MAURICE, LA
Is this gentle on my skin? Yes. Did it clean my skin? Nope. Not at all. I used this and when I used the toner after, my cotton ball was coated in makeup. It looked as though I hadn't washed my face at all. I am not very impressed since it's labeled as a makeup remover. I was much more pleased with the glycolic foaming facewash, it actually left my face clean. I don't recommend this because water alone could do the same.
Taylor J.
Bend
This cleanser is okay. It dries my face out a lot and it doesn’t help control my acne at all. It also doesn’t smell very good. This cleanser would probably be better for someone with really oily skin.
Jenna A.
Mount Clare , WV
I absolutely love this product! I use it in the morning, and also at night before bed. I have extremely oily skin, and this helps keep it under control! I’ve also noticed that my acne scars are starting to disappear as well..love it!
Christina AKA The Cherokee Gypsy (Youtube) C.
Smyrna, TN
The holy grail cleanser for oily skin! Look no further ladies and gents! First off, let me say this. I'm very oily, acne prone skin. I have always suffered from blackheads/whiteheads, closed comedones (flesh colored bumps from pore being completely blocked under the skin, and don't pop like your normal pimple or zit would) I have to be extremely careful with what I wash my face with, due to the fact I will break out with even MORE closed comedones (completely blocked pores) that never pop, and kinda just sit on your face. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on different cleansers that would actually clean my oily skin, but not cause my pores to be blocked by the ingredients. Dimethicone and mineral oil are two main no nos for oily, acne prone skin. If your skincare has either one of those ingredients, toss it. Those ingredients cause acne and blocked pores. The only other face wash I can use that isn't Mario, is by Pixi, and that's their 2% glycolic gravity mud cleanser, and their calming rose cleanser. Everything else is a nope. I use two brands, and that's Mario Badescu and Pixi skintreats. Both brands have more natural ingredients, and have less ingredients than your average cleanser. I discovered this botanical facial gel at ULTA, when Mario Badescu was on sale. Mario has a huge line of affordable products, and all products are made for a specific type of skin. Theirs products for all skin types. This botanical facial gel is the main cleanser for oily skin. In total, their are only 7 ingredients in this entire face wash. If your acne prone, the less ingredients, the better. I've been using this for about 2 months now, along with my Clinique sonic cleansing brush, and it's my holy grail. 14 bucks y'all. 14 bucks for this botanical facial gel. It smells amazing, has botanical extracts. It gently removes impurities that cause CLOGGED PORES AND BREAKOUTS! It says that on the bottle! It also has grapefruit extract, And alpha hydroxy acid which promotes exfoliation and revitalizes skin. In other words, the perfect cleanser for oily skin. It smells lovely too. I use this every day with my Clinique sonic cleansing brush, and my face is in better shape than its ever been. It's not a "foamy" cleanser, but a gel cleanser. It doesn't "sud up" which doesn't bother me the slightest. It cleans my oily skin without breaking it out, and that's all that matters, plus it's affordable. This is my staple fave cleanser. This face wash actually does work, and keeps my face from developing new closed comedones. I just love the scent too. Smells like a light scent of flowers, not overpowering at all. Pair this with their Glycolic grapefruit toner (like I do) and your skin will start to transform and look alot better than before. No, my skin will never be completely clear, but this Bad boy is the closest I've ever gotten to an almost clear complexion. Having huge pores suck, and this facial cleanser helps keep your pores empty. I highly recommend this if your oily, and acne prone!!
sιεяяα f.
Wellsburg
Love love LOVE this product!!! Super lightweight and really helps clear pores and reduce shine. Bought it straight from the Mario Badescu website and was incredibly pleased with how well it worked for my skin! And for such a great product, it's pretty affordable! VERY pleased with Mario Badescu!!!
Carrie S.
Does anyone know if they have free samples of this product?
Jessalyn D.
Evans , GA
Is this drying? My skin doesn't like to be dried out by face wash
Ruqayya F.
Saint Louis, MO
Is this something that will help acne prone skin?
Jessica L.
The drying lotion from Mario Badescu works wonders for pimples, but I've never tested this item. I have sensitive skin. Would this product dry out my skin?
Jessica S.
Jackson, MS
How effective is this product for combination, mostly dry, skin?