BY MARIO BADESCU #23 in Face Scrubs

Almond & Honey Face Scrub - A non-abrasive face scrub to gently exfoliate and refine flaky skin and dulling build-up. It is made with finely ground almonds and cornmeal, natural buffing ingredients that gently remove dead skin cells. Added honey extract ensures that the skin is left soft and hydrated.(4.0 oz.) - Almond & Honey Face Scrub see more...

• Is this a good scrub? Any benefits to the skin? It sounds like it...2 Answers
  • Does this work well on sensitive skin?3 Answers
  • The description of this reminds me of a Lush product. I have supe...5 Answers
Cassandra N.
Plymouth, MA
I love Mario Badescu so much it literally pains me to write this review, but this 'scrub' was a miss for me.

I know it says "non-abrasive", but... there is no scrub in this. How can you be a scrub without a little abrasion? The product smells REALLY good, (like marzipan!) is thick and there is a lot of it, but there is hardly any almond in it. Like, none. I apply it on my skin and on my entire face there are maybe a dozen or so tiny pieces of almond that are supposed to be exfoliating me. When rinsed my skin feels... nice... but the same. It actually looked a little duller to me. I found it to be completely useless.

I still use it but I scoop some out and add some sugar to it for a better exfoliant. It works a lot better that way, I see some brightness and get a better scrub with the sugar, my skin smells great (my husband commented on that after using- "you smell like a cookie") and my face is very soft, but I would not repurchase this. I'd rather use a chemical exfoliant or something with more texture to it. I just don't think you can call this a scrub when there is nothing in it that 'scrubs' your skin
Elizabeth C.
Chula Vista, CA
I tried a deluxe sample from their website and it lasted me quite a while. It doesn't smell weird or anything. It's a creamy formula that you just rub onto your face with little pieces or in guessing almond? I'm not sure, but it's not harsh on the skin, you rub onto your face without using water so it really does feel like a face massage that wakes up your skin. After I wash it off I feel great. After using it for a couple weeks I can tell that my skin looks cleaner.
Christie C.
Lubbock, TX
I am in love!! This mild scrub will smooth and refine skin, while buffing away dull dead skin. I use mine twice a week for clear skin. Mario Badescu Almond & Honey Face Scrub is a must have!! [product:mario-badescu-almond-&-honey-face-scrub,-4-oz.]
Alie W.
Mount Prospect
This stuff is pretty incredible. I initially received a sample and bought the full size last week! I love the smell and while this is a thick exfoliator, i adore the way my skin feels after! Follow up with a good night cream and you’re all set!
Tina B.
Bessemer City , NC
I had never heard of this brand until I ran across it online. After filling out a facial profile, I received several different samples and a guide on how to use each one and in which order to use. Packaging was great and I still have some left now.  It was a very effective facial cleansing regimen, and I recommend it to everybody.  Make sure to fill out your facial profile and include your skin concerns to get the correct products for YOUR face.
Lexi T.
Minonk
Like most of this brand's products, this face scrub smelled so beautiful and didn't just smell like chemicals hurting my skin. The brand is not always the cheapest, but I believe it's well worth it for the quality. My skin felt so clean and soft and hydrated after using it. I would recommend this product, and most others of this brand to anyone who was looking for a good face scrub.
Karen R.
Reisterstown, MD
My SIL intro’d me to Mario Badescu - she had her first facial decades ago by his staff in NYC. It’s a great line. Good price point, calming ingredients - not harsh at all. The Mario Badescu Almond & Honey Face Scrub, 4 oz. is a good scrub with ground almond and oatmeal suspended in a yummy honey, oil and oatmeal cream.
Alesa T.
Charleston, SC
I use this more like a mask than a scrub, the particles are too big and just get pushed around on my face rather than providing any exfoliation. Smells good though and makes my skin feel really soft after using it like a mask!
Eliza R.
Salem
I used this product all summer long and I absolutely love it! I am a first time user and I’ll be a user for a while! The container gives a perfect amount of product that lasts a while. It gently exfoliated my skin and left it feeling so soft! It worked great on post-sunburn skin too!
emma R.
Product goes on very very smooth. It is a scrub so it does have an abrasive feel, but it is refreshing. I bought this product at an Ulta Store. I was a first time user, but would definitely purchase again. The packing is simple, but extremely nice. It has the minimalist feel to it.
Larisa S.
San Rafael, NM
The description of this reminds me of a Lush product. I have super sensitive and acne prone skin, so I'm scared to use anything that is abrasive. If you have sensitive skin, please tell me how this product worked out for you!
Jamie Rose S.
Does this work well on sensitive skin?
Brenda R.
Is this a good scrub? Any benefits to the skin? It sounds like it would be good.
Katy H.
Huntsville, AL
Is this a good exfoliator? Is its gentle and effective?