Add a Photo

By MARIO BADESCU
#12 in Acne Treatments
Acne Facial Cleanser - Prevent and heal existing acne with Mario Badescu's exfoliating and deep cleansing wash formulated with acne-fighting salicylic acid. Contains aloe vera and chamomile, two natural ingredients that calm and soothe acne inflamed skin. For best results follow with Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion or recommended astringent.(6.0 oz.) - Acne Facial Cleanser
Photos (17)
Marisa D.
Marisa D.

Thank goodness an employee at Ulta recommended this brand to me! This facial cleanser has completely changed my life. While I have pretty neutral combination skin, I struggled with pop-up acne as a teen. These weren't huge systemic knots, just pimples that would sporadically occur in my T-zone and around my mouth. While part of this was probably due to diet, I noticed a huge difference once I started using this cleanser. I use it once a day, every day and it does a wonderful job of clearing up any acne I might have. It doesn't sting when you apply it and it rinses off smoothly. It also doesn't have a scent, which I really appreciate. I purchased this for my boyfriend recently so that he could try it out (he has really oily skin and suffers from systemic acne) and it seems to be making a difference in his skin already!
Emily C.
Emily C.

This product truly changed my life. My acne started to worsen the farther I got into high school. There were months were my acne was cystic and unbearable. Honestly, it put me in a depressed state of mind and I felt like I couldn't look at anyone. Bottom line my acne got really bad and made me very insecure. I came across this product in January and I have used it every night since. I use a dime size of the product and wash my face with it twice a night. I immediately started seeing amazing results!! months later and my face is clear (besides a few blemishes here and there). I have also been using the Neutrogena oil free acne scrub and the pair of these two has shown Greta results! I can't say enough great things about the product! It is such a great buy !
Britt A.
Britt A.

I just switched from my Proactiv facial cleanser to this recently, I'm not a fan that this does not sud up well, and It hasn't cleared up my skin a whole lot. I have relatively normal/oily skin, and I switched from Proactiv because it broke my face out from overly exfoliating. This cleanser has an amazing smell, and is not too powerful. However, I use this day/night after I throughly wash my hands. I use this without a clarisonic, and I do see that some of my breakouts have deceased. I did have a bad case of breakouts on my lower jaw line but I'm hoping that was from a toner that I stopped using, this does not keep black heads away. I would recommend this with a clarisonic, or buy an acne cleanser from another brand.
Isabel ❤.
Isabel ❤.

I've only been using this cleanser for a few days but I've already seen such a huge difference in my skin. The small bumps I had around my forehead and cheeks are almost all gone and stubborn ones on my chin, which I've had for the longest time and no other cleanser could get rid of, have diminished. I love that it is so gentle on my skin and it doesn't feel drying or too chemically infused. Overall this is one of the best cleansers I've tried and I don't think I'll be using anything else! It's so inexpensive compared to higher end cleanser and they don't do half as well. I just love it !!!
Labrea S.
Labrea S.
Lake Elsinore, CA

I bought this product at ulta when they were having a sale. and i have heard pretty good things about the Mario Badescu line. I have been using it every night for about 2 weeks now and definitely notice that i have gotten less break outs...almost none. it does not dry out skin and leave it feeling totally stripped of moisture like some other acne products. i also noticed that the salicylic acid is not high on the ingredient list so if you have stubborn acne this might not be the best. but just a gentle face cleanser definitely think its worth a try
Christina R.
Christina R.
Santa Cruz, CA

I love the Mario Badescu line, but this cleanser did not work for me. My skin has always been acne prone, sensitive, and dry/combination. It's difficult to find products that can deal with all of those issues. I really wanted to like this cleanser and I think it would work for other people who aren't so sensitive. I also only used it for a couple of weeks and because it made me break out I stopped using it. I know other people have said it should get worse before it gets better, but I didn't have the patience to wait out the breakout period.
Tiepe-Tiekoun K.
Tiepe-Tiekoun K.
Silver Spring

I heard so many good things about this cleanser that I decided to give it a try. Laterally after using it my face started to break out. I had super size pimples coming out from everywhere: nose, chin, cheeks, forehead, even my neck. It was also drying out my skin. I am not one to change product quickly so I decided to stick with it for 2-3 weeks, thinking maybe it was part of the cleaning process but my face was getting more and more painful with cultures of pimples. I went back to "Clear days ahead" by Khiel's and I am much more happier.
Jenna P.
Jenna P.
Cape Coral, FL

I picked this product up at my local Ulta because I was in search for a good face cleanser that didn't break me out. I've been having problems with acne this past year due to going on and off of pills. To my surprise, this product works so great. It makes my skin feel so clean and soft, while maintaining clear skin. No breakouts! I switched over to a different cleanser that I received for free from Ulta, and it has increased my acne, so I am DEFINITELY buying this Mario Badescu cleanser over and over again. Will ALWAYS recommend!
Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.

This cleanser is perfect combination and/or oily skin. It contains salicylic acid to help exfoliate. It also contains aloe vera to help soothe the skin. It's not a harsh cleanser but it is strong enough to help dry out pimples. I have been using this cleanser for almost a month and I have noticed an improvement in my skin. I don't have nearly as many pimples or dry spots. I would recommend this cleanser if you have sensitive skin that is prone to break outs.
Nicole F.
Nicole F.
Hollywood, FL

I've only been using this product for about 4 days now and I'm already seeing results. I've been washing my face with this every night, and following with one of his toners and my skin is really starting to clear. I'm prone to redness and a lot of small under the skin bumps, and while I do still have redness, my skin is so much smoother and there are not really any abrasions. I'd say this product definitely worked! Too soon to say life saver?
Valerie R.
Valerie R.
Frankfort, KY

Are there any other good products from Mario's acne line that work well? I've been struggling with acne for a long time and this cleanser worked amazing for about 2 weeks so I'd like to check out more of his products to see if they would be able to keep my acne at bay
Jacqueline D.
Jacqueline D.
springville, pa

Is this worth the price?
Gabrielis A.
Gabrielis A.

Does it dry out your skin?
Cheryl O.
Cheryl O.
Louisville, KY

How well does this work?
Anjeanette S.
Anjeanette S.

Also, does it do a good job at removing excess makeup on the face?