BY MARCH OF DIMES #20 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

MARCH OF DIMES
  • "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
  • "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
  • "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
  • "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
  • "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
Vanessa R.
This is a fantastic foundation for families who are bringing in new life and especially premature babies that are coming into life I am very familiar with the foundation I know a lot of people who have had premature babies I support this organization because that is a very rough time to go through emotionally and financially I'm sure
Jasmine M.
Inglewood, CA
I will be participating in the walk on April 24th in honor of my best friend's daughter born about 1 month ago. I first learned about MOD when my little brother was born a premie about 14 years ago. I know of all their great contributions for children and think it is a wonderful organization.
blair b.
Tupelo, MS
My nephew was born at 26 weeks so this is a cause that I is near and dear to my heart and the hearts of those in my family. With the help of the march of dimes my nephew is almost fourteen now. The help they offer to the families and to premature babies is amazing and we are very thankful.
Brandy H.
Pleasant Gap, PA
I think it's for a great cause, however.. It's called "march of dimes" because only .10 cents out of every $1 is actually donated. The CEO makes A LOT of money of of this charity, look it up. Just kind of disgusts me that he is using this to make billions. I'd much rather donate to the hospital towards premie babies or to a specific family. Not thru an organization that only does it to make a heck of a profit from it!!
Shanice N.
Myrtle Beach, SC
This is my absolute favorite charity to donate to. When I lived in New York, I created a team for a walk they were having in my area. I know a lot of friends and people who have had premature babies and I couldn't think of a better way to support those children. This is a great organization.
Teale F.
Tallahassee, FL
I have volunteered for this organization for many years through my work who does lots for the community and for this cause! They help families just starting out with children who are born premature and also money goes to research to help prevent long term defects from preemie children!
Alexa B.
Columbia, SC
My twin daughters were born just over 30 weeks. One of them passed away after two days. The other, at only 1'b 10 oz spent 84 days in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and is now a healthy two year old. It is because of the March of Dimes that NICUs exist and that they continue to develop. I am barely scratching the surface with the good things this agency does. Please consider it when you donate. There is not a person in this country who has not been touched in some way, shape, or form by the advances made by the March of Dimes.
Diana A.
March of Dimes is a really great organization because it brings awareness to those babies who were born prematurely. My niece was born premature so this organization has a personal connection to me. I love volunteering at the March of Dimes Marathon they have in the University of Houston. It really is something great to volunteer because you're bringing awareness throughout the campus & the city.
Ashley C.
What an inspiration this organization is. when I was in high school they met with us to inspire leadership in volunteering. My friend and I were inspired to create our own volunteer group and hope to someday participate even more with the march of dimes!
Cody H.
El Mirage, AZ
I have worked with the March of Dimes before with other organizations. They are definitely committed to serving people and to making a difference in the world. They have incredible staff that is always willing to go to any conference or event and speak! We love having them!
Sally R.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Does anybody else do the walks?
Taylor K.
Upper Sandsky, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
How many of you donate?
T b.
Pomona, CA
When do you guys have the walks , is it monthly or yearly ?
Vanessa B.
Safety Harbor, FL
Has anyone does the walks for them?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Is it true that they only get 10 cents per dollar?