BY MARCH OF DIMES #20 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

MARCH OF DIMES
  • "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
  • "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
  • "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
  • "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
  • "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
Esmeralda A.
Bristol, CT
My oldest son was a premie and it was the scariest and happiest time of my life. Son was in NICU for 2 weeks before I was able to take him home. It was a stressful time with multiple setbacks. Special formula amd clothing and treatments. March of Dimes can help with that. This company is amazing.
Kimberly Y.
Akron, OH
When I was younger, each year my mother and co-workers would walk in the March of Dimes March for Babies walk. At that time I had no idea what the organization was or what they did for mothers and babies. I called this review a blast from the past because this year I volunteered at the March for Babies event in my city. Being their brought back memories of when I was a kid. I also got to see up close the lives that the organization has helped. It is an amazing cause.
Hannah H.
Antioch, TN
I am incredibly interested in microbiology and virology, and I know the impact of this life threatening illnesses. Donating to this cause is going to help eradicate Polio, and that is something we all should be helping with.
My sister's sorority supports this as their philanthropy. I will definitely be giving even more now!
Krystal S.
Howell, NJ
I love March Of Dimes. It's such a great organization. It's easy to do. Find sponsors, collect money, and the walk for the premature babies. And the money goes to support and research for premature babies. Every life counts and babies will become our future. You will never know, you can be helping a future president.
Heidi M.
Palm CIty, FL
I have volunteered with March of Dimes since I gave birth to my son in 2006. This is an amazing organization that uses 76% of every dollar raised towards medical research, education and support programs in order to promote their mission of preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. March of Dimes was established more than 75 years ago and is the ONLY non-profit organization in the US ever to achieve it's initial mission (the eradication of Polio). Its also the only charity to have ever been established through the Executive power of a US President (Franklin D. Roosevelt).
Krystle L.
March of dimes gives babies a fighting chance. My son was born at 1 pound 8 ounces 24 weeks of gestation. March of dimes supports research for surfactant therapy that helped my son. This year my son is the ambassador here in our area. We have had an amazing time giving back, and encouraging others to get involved

Amy K.
Newburgh, IN
Having a known multiple people with children that were born prematurely the concept of this organization. I have even participated in events that proceeds benefited them as well as donate personally myself. The only problem I find is the actual amount of the donation that is redirected and appropriated.
Jennifer L.
Folsom, CA
Helping families and babies are such a great experience and very rewarding. Being able to make a contribution to a cause that supports and promotes life has my utmost and full support. I think what March of Dimes does is amazing and hope to be more involved with them soon.
Krista P.
Highland , IL
March of Dimes seemed to be a great charity once upon a time. People tend to think the mission is great and on paper it is, but in practice, it's not. March of Dimes now fundraises just to stay in business. Based on the research I'm done, it looks like only 67% of funds raised go to programs. If that's true, less needs to be spent on overhead and more toward making a real difference. I do commend their efforts though!
Emily D.
Columbus, OH
After I lost my son in 2012, due to complications during a premature labor, I began researching the March of Dimes. What I have found, and participated in, so far has went above and beyond my expecations. I was a team captian for a walking team this past spring, the women in the main office in Columbus were so helpful. They helped me set up many different fundraising ideas and helped me get my team involved. She listened to my story, and put a star out for my son in the field of angels they had set up. I will continue to donate my time and money to this organization.
Sally R.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Does anybody else do the walks?
Taylor K.
Upper Sandsky, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
How many of you donate?
T b.
Pomona, CA
When do you guys have the walks , is it monthly or yearly ?
Vanessa B.
Safety Harbor, FL
Has anyone does the walks for them?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Is it true that they only get 10 cents per dollar?