BY MARCH OF DIMES #22 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

MARCH OF DIMES
  • "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
  • "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
  • "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
  • "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
  • "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
Nina V.
As cheesy as this might sound I donate by purchasing their pre-printed address labels. There is not set donation so even a few dollars helps, plus you now have address labels! What a great cause to support, helping babies while young to be healthy can prevent bigger expenses in health treatment down the road. Saving all of us taxpayers money in the long run.
Lauren L.
S Abingtn Twp, PA
When I was in Kmart I saw and box of donations for this charity. Obviously I donated, but that wasn't all. When I got home I researched this charity and I can tell you I support it very much. Now I have been familiar with this charity for a long time and I recommend looking into it.
Alicia C.
Lakewood, WA
March of Dimes is such a fantastic organization. They raise money to help pay for medical bills, necessary treatments, and important care that thousands of premature babies desperately need to grow and thrive. These families don't choose to have prematurely born infants and they can't change the fact that it's happened to them. With the help from this organization the families know that they don't have to carry the weight of the world all on their own. They know that they have a great support team backing them up every step of the way.
Alex M.
Fort Worth, TX
Wonderful organization making a huge difference for families with preemies. Please don't believe everything you read on the internet about their expenses - do some research before making statements as facts. Visit their Charity Navigator profile (it is a 3rd party group that rates organizations)
65.7% goes to the mission
22.6% to fundraising expenses
11.7% to admin expenses
So basically .65 of every dollar goes to the mission either through research or programs for families in need, no .10 as many keep stating.
Esma K.
Little Rock , AR
This charity is and organization that raises money for preventing birth defects and infant death. I've been to the walk once in Boston and it was great, being there and walking for a cause gave me hope for the people out there who are in need of help. I would recommend everybody to take their time and donate and go to the walk. It's not just a walk it's for a great cause ūüôŹūüŹľ
Dallas J.
Statesville, NC
I love this organization and that it stands for premature birth of babies! This happens at so many different births and their are big chances that not always does the child come through and when they do usually their are big chances of health problems. As a mother of two boys MOD touches close to my heart & knowing all that they do to help is unbelievable!
Kerrie G.
Wayzata, MN
My brother was born with a cranio facial birth defect. He is developmentally disabled. In 2003 my son was also born with a cranial birth defect. March of Dimes provides utilities to hospitals that help them deal with preemies and children with birth defects, both of which were my son. I am so grateful for all they do and give to them whenever possible.
Vanessa C.
Monrovia, CA
I've donated to them as well as volunteered for them in the past. They are a great organization. My godmother walks in the march of dimes every year in memory of her nephew Tristan. It's such a great cause. They are always sending me new emails of stories and children in need. I wish I could do more for them but I for sure will continue to donate my time whenever possible.
Leslie A.
Had the opportunity to do my internship at a March of Dimes in my hometown of Atl. Let me just say touring the NICU of the hospital to see babies the length of a pen was jaw dropping... and sad...To hear about so many babies pulling through and being cared for and supported by donations to the MOD made me feel proud to intern for them.
Ariza A.
Brownsville, TX
I've been to walks that support the cause of this organization and I always feel such comfort when I return each year for the walk. The march of dimes organization is great for those families who have had an experience regarding their child's life and hopefully with the help of us raising money it can surely help other families.
Sally R.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Does anybody else do the walks?
Taylor K.
Upper Sandusky, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
How many of you donate?
T b.
Pomona, CA
When do you guys have the walks , is it monthly or yearly ?
Vanessa B.
Safety Harbor, FL
Has anyone does the walks for them?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Is it true that they only get 10 cents per dollar?