BY MARCH OF DIMES #26 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

MARCH OF DIMES
  • "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
  • "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
  • "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
  • "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
  • "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
Marina O.
Canoga Park, CA
I used to donate all the time for March of Dimes until I did extensive research on quite a few "charities". I'm all for helping and donating, I do it rather frequently but was so disappointed to learn that the founders/CEOs/whatever their title make more money than what is actually donated to help.
It seems a bit dumb that I never realized it, but I learned they give one dime for every dollar donated. I see it now, after all it IS called March of dimes, but I guess it just never clicked. D'oh.
Anyways, when someone does, creates, starts something to help others, it seems to me that they should be keeping MUCH less for themselves than what is given out to help those they claim to.
Krystle C.
When my daughter was born 3 months premature, the March of Dimes immediately provided love, support and information for us during the long NICU road that we faced. Without the innovative research conducted by the March of Dimes, babies across the world would face risks like birth defects and prematurity.

We are all March of Dimes babies! Never underestimate the strength of a baby born too soon!
Karyne J.
Lansing, MI
My oldest son was a preemie and March of Dimes came right in a paid for his hospital bill when he was in the NCICU. I have donated to this wonderful organization for years!
Leslie T.
Story, WY
My first personal contact was seeing a backpack that was quickly tossed into my medical flight. When chaos calmed- I found bathroom items! God send. So simple, but who has time to grab those during the unexpected?!? There was information on NICUs, equipment, a photo book- and a baby book written for NICU families. I loved that because no baby book gives you a place to write the unexpected. There are walks and events to help the oraganization which are so much fun
Angela B.
I was a mom that had emergency c/s with first and 2nd child! Both times my babies were in NICU and although time away from them at nights my NICU stay was a blessing in disguise to heal w/o daily caring for kids till i was fully healed. March Of Dimes was present in each day with activities, workshops for parents at the hospital!

We make it annual family day to March of Dimes/March of Babies Walk in the 5k in our area in DC! We have great insurance, but I could only imagine the feeling that other families may have for lack of insurance or run around with their company to be sure their child gets everything they deserve.
Nancy S.
My baby was two months early and weighed in at just over 3#! That's pretty good for a preemie actually! Thanks to the March of Dimes, doctors and hospitals have come a long way in a short time in their abilities to sustain and support a healthly life for premature babies. My miracle baby is alive and well, healthy and happy pre-teen today because of March of Dimes! We have also rode in the March of Dimes Bikers for Babies ride in Kansas City to support them!!
vanessa c.
I love what this organization does for babies. I am always seeing these options when paying out. I try to donate 1 or 2 a week if funds aren't short. I've know of this foundation for years now, mostly through store options.
Kathleen F.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
One of my nephews was born three months premature and we have always donated to the March of Dimes in his honor. He has grown to be a beautiful and healthy eight-year-old boy, and I am so proud of all the work that the doctors did in order to make sure he would survive his first few months. The March of Dimes always have very nice events where you can walk in support of them, and I think they have done a wonderful job gaining support of their organization.
Dixie K.
Coal Township, PA
I used to give to them monthly,never again not only this organization many others also.before you start donating your hard earned money to some of these organizations do some research on where your money is going.it will shock you.March of dimes the name makes sense when you find out that every dollar you donate only a dime of it goes to the cause. So you donate $20 out of that $20 only $2.00 goes to the cause the rest in the CEO and founders pockets.look up these organizations before you decide to open your wallet and hearts because they are fooling a lot of people....their salaries are unbelievable!!!
Melissa K.
Cincinnati, OH
Both of my children were micro-preemies (my son was born at 26 weeks and my daughter at 23). I was completely healthy, ate right, exercised and never even took Tylenol while I was pregnant. Despite doing everything by the book, I still had preemies. I must have been one of the lucky ones who didn't get a nurse who just assumed I was addicted to drugs and for that I am blessed. I spent a total of 6 months in the NICU- 2.5 months with my son and 3.5 with my daughter. The researcher that the MOD helps support is amazing.

My only concern is that the President of MOD makes more than $500K annually- that seems a bit excessive. I would like to see more of this money to go towards babies, their families and research!
Sally R.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Does anybody else do the walks?
Taylor K.
Upper Sandusky, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
How many of you donate?
T b.
Pomona, CA
When do you guys have the walks , is it monthly or yearly ?
Vanessa B.
Safety Harbor, FL
Has anyone does the walks for them?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Is it true that they only get 10 cents per dollar?