MARCH OF DIMES
Top Questions See all 578 Q&A
- "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
- "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
- "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
- "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
- "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
It seems a bit dumb that I never realized it, but I learned they give one dime for every dollar donated. I see it now, after all it IS called March of dimes, but I guess it just never clicked. D'oh.
Anyways, when someone does, creates, starts something to help others, it seems to me that they should be keeping MUCH less for themselves than what is given out to help those they claim to.
We are all March of Dimes babies! Never underestimate the strength of a baby born too soon!
We make it annual family day to March of Dimes/March of Babies Walk in the 5k in our area in DC! We have great insurance, but I could only imagine the feeling that other families may have for lack of insurance or run around with their company to be sure their child gets everything they deserve.
My only concern is that the President of MOD makes more than $500K annually- that seems a bit excessive. I would like to see more of this money to go towards babies, their families and research!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos