BY MARCH OF DIMES #20 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

MARCH OF DIMES
  • "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
  • "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
  • "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
  • "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
  • "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
Rebekah T.
Booneville, AR
When I was in junior high and high school we always raised money for March of Dimes by having a change war. We always enjoyed helping this fantastic organization.
Liz ..
Seattle
I've been a long time volunteer and donator to the March of Dimes. Thanks to their medical research in preemies and birth defects, they saved my oldest son. He was born premature and with gastroschisis. The information MoD had on his condition, helped me come to terms with what the surgeons had to do to save him. The surgery that saved him was pioneered in part by the March of Dimes foundation! Thanks to his doctors and MoD, he's now a energetic and strong 10 year old little man, who keeps getting bigger every year. Doing the Walks for Babies is a great cause, donate when you can to those who are participating in those walks!

I know a few people within the March of Dimes foundation get paid to run it, but for the most part, funds raised go straight to research and support of preemies, birth defects, infant mortality, and women's health in high risk pregnancies. Most of MoD's advertising is done by word of mouth.
Kacie K.
Easton, PA
I and a NICU nurse. My hospital works hand in hand with march of dimes. Babies are supported during hospitalization and after discharge. A really great community for patients and families. Great organization.
Julia J.
Cumming, GA
I work for Publix Super Markets and we do a campaign with March of Dimes every year. I'm proud to March for babies! I donate every year myself and we are able to raise $10000+ dollars out of one store alone!
Daniella T.
Williamstown, NJ
My neighbors participate in the march of dimes benefit every year to raise money for this organization. They raise 10,000 a year and it's for a great cause. Help babies!!
Jaimie R.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Such a great organization! I donate all the time because they actually help and send their proceeds to where its needed! Definately worth it and something you should look into if your looking to donate!
samantha m.
Cleveland, TN
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Theres a reason its called march of dimes only a dime of ever doller goes to helpping people the rest goes to lining pockets i try not to donate to them instead i try to donate to others like them
Laura S.
Cohoes, NY
I donated 10 dollars of every paycheck when I first started working, because myself, my sister, and my mother were all born prematurely, and the organization does so much to help not only to help those families and their children, but does so much to fund research to help cure diseases that have devastated families for years. And they have been successful! (Remember that polio vaccine?!) I never would have thought I could appreciate the organization more, but then my son was born four months early. The NICU support team from the March of Dimes was fantastic, and I can't begin to express how wonderful of an experience it was meeting their volunteers. I hope that some day I can become as involved in this organization as I wish to.
Candice P.
Ethel, AR
Such a wonderful organization. What better way to invest your money. This organization helps parents and premature babies. Get out and start a walk of your own and raise money and awareness!
Marina O.
Canoga Park, CA
I used to donate all the time for March of Dimes until I did extensive research on quite a few "charities". I'm all for helping and donating, I do it rather frequently but was so disappointed to learn that the founders/CEOs/whatever their title make more money than what is actually donated to help.
It seems a bit dumb that I never realized it, but I learned they give one dime for every dollar donated. I see it now, after all it IS called March of dimes, but I guess it just never clicked. D'oh.
Anyways, when someone does, creates, starts something to help others, it seems to me that they should be keeping MUCH less for themselves than what is given out to help those they claim to.
Sally R.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Does anybody else do the walks?
Taylor K.
Upper Sandsky, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
How many of you donate?
T b.
Pomona, CA
When do you guys have the walks , is it monthly or yearly ?
Vanessa B.
Safety Harbor, FL
Has anyone does the walks for them?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Is it true that they only get 10 cents per dollar?