MARCH OF DIMES
Top Questions See all 44 Q&A
- "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
- "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
- "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
- "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
- "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
What they ARE doing is providing money to support programs and do research to help moms have full term, healthy pregnancies. Out of every dollar donated to the March of Dimes, $0.76 is spent on research and programs. For example, They work with local groups to provide funding to help pregnant women stop smoking, to teach them about nutrition, and to help them give their baby the best start in life.
They provide funding nationally to do research that SAVES LIVES. One of my older sister is one of countless children who survived her early birth due to medical developments paid for by the March of Dimes.
My job also sponsors this, and I love everything about it. We are all helping to save our future. It's a really good investment. And everyone should support the March of Dimes, because everyone deserves to have healthy babies.
I know a few people within the March of Dimes foundation get paid to run it, but for the most part, funds raised go straight to research and support of preemies, birth defects, infant mortality, and women's health in high risk pregnancies. Most of MoD's advertising is done by word of mouth.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos