MARCH OF DIMES
Top Questions See all 576 Q&A
- "Such a great organization reaching out to help families that are just starting and getting a rough hand dealt to them right out of the start. " in 24 reviews
- "Having a brother born prematurely, and being a preemie myself, March of Dimes has always had a special place in my heart in their support of premature babies and their families." in 20 reviews
- "My daughter and I have done these walks both for March of dimes and march for babies a great cause and we usually have a great turn out." in 18 reviews
- "EVERY YEAR I DONATE AND MARCH I WALK MILES TILL I CANT NO LONGER WALK...THIS IS A LEGIT CHARITY ..EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE ITS FOR A GREAT CAUSE " in 17 reviews
- "this organization always tries to raise money and they're very persistent i heard about them when i was 7 and they're still going strong" in 15 reviews
It is called March of Dimes, because folks were encouraged to donate dimes for charity to this organization back in 1938, when it was founded by President Franklin D Roosevelt, a victim of infantile paralysis. This organization has saved the lives of many premature babies and babies with birth defects. You can thank March of Dimes for newborn screening tests, polio shots and the extensive nutrition information you received during pregnancy. Without March of Dimes, we wouldn't have this.
I encourage everyone to read the annual report. It explains exactly what this organization does. http://www.marchofdimes.com/mission/annual-report.aspx
Gotta be thankful for them. And also I've read alot about this organization. Not many good things though.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos