BY MARCELLE #21 in Makeup Remover

We're suckers for long-lasting makeup: We're talking smudge-proof, budge-proof, and waterproof. But when it comes to taking it all off, we don't want it to put up a fight. Highly effective yet soothingly gentle, this advanced makeup remover whisks away all traces of mascara, shadow, and lipstick, no matter how durable the formulas. It even goes one step further to diminish dark circles and undereye puffiness using cucumber and green tea. Ideal for even contact lens wearers, this hypoallergenic

• Does this actually work to get makeup of? Even waterproof? I love t...1 Answers
Vania G.
Vania G.
This did a really good job of removing all of my makeup (I don't use full coverage foundation or waterproof mascara, so I can't speak to its removing power of those). It did sting the eyes once or twice, but it removed everything nicely without any tugging or pulling, but also didn't leave an oily residue. It's supposed to "diminish dark circles," but I didn't see any of that happen, so don't hang your hat on that claim.
Allison v.
Allison v.
Lake Mary, FL
I have extremely sensitive eyes and this remover works fantastic. I got it once in a subscription box and I've gone through literally, probably 5 of these. They last extremely long and are very affective. Keep in mind however that you NEED to shake the solution before using. If you don't, it will still take the make-up off, but your eye area will have a weird glossy, greasy look. Not cute.
Karen S.
Karen S.
Weatherford, OK
This is my absolute FAVORITE makeup remover product. My eyes are really sensitive to other products and this is a godsend! It works quickly and easily gets off even my most stubborn mascara. I use Q-Tips to help remove my eyeliner and it makes quick work of the job! I notice a huge difference when comparing with normal makeup wipes. I would 100% recommend!
Jack R.
Jack R.
Bothell, WA
THIS IS A GODSEND. I am not exaggerating when I saw it's the best makeup remover I've ever used. It actually removes makeup quickly and efficiently. I will not use any other makeup remover ever again, honestly. It doesn't dry out your skin, either, which is a huge plus! You do need to wash your face afterwards, obviously, because the remover is oil-based.
Elizabeth T.
Elizabeth T.
Most underrated makeup remover!! I believe Marcelle is only available through Birchbox in the US, but the price point ($14 for 5oz) and quality blow all the other "hyped up" removers out of the water. Note that is an oil based remover, however it works and never irritates my eyes! Must try! Way better than Almay(drugstore) and Clinique(High-end).
Brianna M.
Brianna M.
I really like this makeup remover. It isn't harmful to my eyes, which is something that I have trouble with for most eye makeup removers. This one doesn't make eyes sting. I also think it is a good price for what you are buying. I would recommend this to anyone who hates the burning feeling when taking off makeup with most makeup removers.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
Hampden, MA
I kind of hate how much I love this product since it is Canadian and I am an American. This is the most gentle yet effective make-up remover I have found. It takes care of my eye make-up without making my eyes burn. The price is ok- it is pretty mid-range for the drugstore. Overall, I love this product and wish it was sold in the US.
Heather H.
Heather H.
Carmel, IN
I really like this eye makeup remover. It takes a few dabs and swipes with a tissue but it really does remove the most stubborn waterproof eye makeup and does not irritate my eyes.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
I love this makeup remover. It gets rid of waterproof makeup without scrubbing my eyes and losing all my lashes, or leaving them irritated.
amanda h.
amanda h.
chinook, WA
Love this brand and product. Very gentle on my skin and never any break outs!
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
Pendleton, OR
Does this actually work to get makeup of? Even waterproof? I love the marcelle 3-1. I was just looking for a good makeup remover, thanks!!!