Marc Jacobs Velvet
Noir Major Volume Mascara

BY MARC JACOBS #7 in Mascara

The lash-maximizing, curvy brush in this volumizing mascara places the most volume at the hard-to-reach center lash line, and the defining tip styles lashes for major drama. The ultra-concentrated black pigment delivers the greatest visual impact, and the flash volume complextm creates instant, smudge-free length and volume in three strokes or less.

Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara gives you the thickest lashes in a blink. This majorly volumizing mascara delivers instant volume for your most epic lashes yet.

• Do you layer with this mascara? Which one do you put on ...32 Answers
  • does it work beautifully? does it clump the eyelashes tog...23 Answers
  • does it mae your lashes clumpy36 Answers
Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
  • "I been trying out MANY high end and low end mascaras to see which one I love and gives me volume etc and this one is by far the BEST mascara EVER!! Its beautiful and gives me a falsie look very good definitely my favorite now holy frail mascara." in 783 reviews
  • "My new favorite. It lengthens my lashes and defines every single one. I swear it makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn! Plus, it doesn't smear and it lasts all day. I wouldn't really call this a volumizing mascara per se (It won't give you the my-eyelashes-are-a-curtain look), but it provides the right amount of volume for me. Velvet Noir gives more of a polished, sophisticated look. " in 92 reviews
  • "Great product. Made my lashes thicker and longer without making them clumpy! " in 70 reviews
  • "One of my fav designer mascaras.. Long lasting, doesn't clump, and the tip is perfect for the inner lashes " in 65 reviews
Jaclyn s.
Providence
Purchased at: Sephora
Easy to apply, applicator allows me to not only lift and add volume but also easy to separate the lashes if I want. Packaging is fantastic and feels more in line with the price point. I have tried many mascara and this is definitely in the top five. I do see a bit of transfer to my upper lid half way through the day. Hourglass Caution never did that which is also a top five for me and similar in price.

Check out the photos of my left side eye done, no lash curler or primer, in comparison to my right side with nothing done to the lashes. I think it stunning and I see a great difference. Will be purchasing the primer this week to see how the work together. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz®M.A.C Cosmetics Studio Face And Body FoundationSEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid LipstickBenefit Cosmetics Dandelion Twinkle Highlighter Mini
Gloria E.
I personally love the packaging for this. The sleek black tube is heavyweight and luxurious. Makes me feel kinda fancy.

The brush is hourglass shape and really does allow for maximum product application. I do recommend multiple applications instead of overloading the brush with mascara. The fibers are plenty so one think application can cause clumping and flaking. Also, it does take a little longer to dry than some other formulas so give it plenty of time before putting on that second coat.

The shade is very black but I liked it even with my lighter brows. My eyelshes are almost nonexistent so it works for me. In the photo above, I have no mascara on the right and ONE coat of Velvet Noir on the left. Huge difference I think.

I've been wearing this all day long with minimal flaking or diminishing. The fibers and formula do not irritate my eyes at all.

So basically, I'm in. I'm adding this one for the long haul. Love it. Couldn't be happier.

Kim M.
I got a mini version of this mascara in my Sephora Play a few months ago and I have been a bit disappointed since I love a lot of the Marc Jacobs line. My lashes are medium length but very straight so they aren't very noticeable even with most mascaras. I want my mascara to hold a curl more than anything, but aside from that I usually go more for a lengthening or defining mascara since volume doesn't really matter when you can't see your lashes. I came in knowing that I probably wouldn't like but I was still a little sad I didn't. It seemed to really be a better version of Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara, it had more or less the same effect on but it didn't flake or smudge at all - BTS is the only mascara that has ever given me panda eyes. I was also very let down that the mascara is fragranced. I know most luxury brands fragrance everything but I wish they didn't. I had an issue the first few times I applied this because my eyes were bothered by the fragrance and I instinctively closed my eyes which got globs of product under my eyes and on my lids. Once it dried down it was fine, but I feel like it is unnecessary and potentially harmful to put perfume in eye products. I intentionally only wore this about once a week when I was trying it out because I didn't want to end up with swollen eyes or contact dermatitis because that has happened to me in the past. I was going to give this review 3/5 stars because it just isn't the type of mascara that works for me but I'm sure others who want volume would enjoy it, but I had to deduct another star for the strong fragrance.
Brianna P.
Terre Haute, IN
 I think this is probably my favorite mascara. It made my lashes look so long and voluminous. The result is so balanced and not clumpy at all.   Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara  is one of the best.  Its easy to apply and lasts all day! I highly recommend this brand. I have a hard time getting my tiny lashes coated with mascara but this was perfect! The applicator and everything was just on point. If you have n o lashes like me I highly suggest this. #influenster #marcjacobs
Blythe H.
I wish I could give this 3.5 stars, because that's what it really deserves.  This formula is fine.  Not amazing, nothing incredible, but it gets the job done.  It is wet and goopy and takes a couple of extra moments to dry, but it does last all day and covers my lashes thoroughly.  I don't like the brush head because I do find it gathers clumps easily.  I think it takes a bit of extra finagling, but it's definitely workable.  I'll use up my tube and then I'll try something else and not rebuy.
Stephanie S.
Roanoke, VA
Purchased at: Sephora
I have had a travel size of this mascara for a month now and I have lived every use: I don’t recommend using this before you spray your setting spray. Some mascaras you can, but this one transfers after a spray use. It makes my lashes look amazing. Unsure if I will pay for the full price which is the down fall. But travel size lasts a while and works well if you use 2 different mascaras.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
This mascara comes out with too much product in the wand, and clumps lashes together (just a little). I still give it 5 stars because: the color of this black is ultra black, it adds sooo much plump and volume, AND it makes lashes look noticeably thicker. Those are the 3 things I think most people look for in mascaras. I always use more than one wand to separate lashes, well because no mascara yet is perfect. I apply this with just 2 layers, and separate with my wand from either MUFE extravagant mascara or MAC 3D lashes wand. The end result is 5 star worthy, but yes it’s a team effort. My lashes look fake when using Marc jacobs! The plus is that the product is wet enough to separate very easy compared to other mascaras, it’s sooo quick it only takes 2 secs and doesn’t add any time to my makeup routine. Then it dries quick after that, and dries to the way they were separated.

Highly recommend if you want a false lash look!
Also it lasts all day, even in the humid heat, and it’s easily to take off, and no need to use more than 2 layers for effect!
Tabbie B.
Purchased at: Sephora
I don't use this one very much like my other mascaras I resort to. Wand is kind of same shape as "too faced- better than sex" but when I want to mix it up I use this mascara. Its travel size because it came in a gift set but it just didnt "wow"me I guess
Laura T.
Altoona, PA
I’ve been searching for a mascara that I love for 6 months now, and this one rates at the top. Marc Jacobs continues to excel and I’ve been a fan of everything I tried from their line. The mascara does a thorough job of curling, lengthening, and volumizing my lashes. The only drawback is the brush does clump a little bit. The application is amazing though. I got this at Sephora and will definitely buy again and try his other mascaras too! Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
Lisa J.
Merced, CA
Bought this in a mini pack at Sephora and after storing it for about a year, I used it. It was rather dry at first and I used it daily, it melds with my lashes making them thick and separated on the first swipe.  I would buy it again in the mini size because they last for several months, keeping them hygienic.
Emely A.
Providence , RI
It's waterproof? Or what
Léa-Jeanne T.
Boucherville , QC
does it mae your lashes clumpy
Sidra V.
QUINCY, MA
Do you layer with this mascara? Which one do you put on first?
Diana I.
South Amboy, NJ
Does anyone think this is worth the price?
Syiqin R.
does it work beautifully? does it clump the eyelashes together

Sephora