Alyssa N.
I didn’t have enough time (or want to spend the money) on a professional manicure, so I figured I’d buy my own nail polish and do my own nails to save myself the trouble. After much deliberation and swatch-comparing, I ended up purchasing the Jezebel color (138) from Marc Jacob’s Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Polish line.

First, I used the Formula X Prime Xcel Base Coat and then got started.

PROS:

The nail polish dries extremely quickly

The color is quite nice

CONS:

It is so streaky! With two coats, the polish was starting to look evenly done, but when you add any more than two coats, the color starts getting incredibly dark.

For something that’s called hi-shine, it’s pretty matte-looking when it dries. The top coat (Formula X Shine Top Coat) was wonderful for adding shine, but I wouldn’t consider the polish itself to be very shiny.

It chips fairly easily. Admittedly, I am not the best for keeping nail polish looking fresh for a long amount of time, but three days into it, and I had to retouch the tips. After five days, decent chunks of the sides and tips were gone.

VERDICT

Honestly, I’m really not sure this nail polish is worth the money. It was my first time using the base and top coats (Formula X brand), so maybe that could have done something to the polish, but after reading other reviews, I’m not sure. While it was great for the one event I attended, if I wanted to keep my nails looking great for a long period of time, that just wouldn’t be possible. For me, this was a “meh” purchase. I’ll use it until it’s gone, but I don’t think I’m going to buy it again.