Marc Jacobs Beauty
Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara

BY MARC JACOBS BEAUTY #3 in Mascara

Instant volume, epic lashes.

What it is: This majorly volumizing mascara delivers instant volume for your most epic lashes yet.

Experience 1800% more volume and the look of false lashes with Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara. The lash-maximizing, curvy brush places the most volume at the hard-to-reach center lash line, and the defining tip styles lashes for major drama. The ultra-concentrated black pigment delivers the greatest visual impact, and the flash volume complextm creates instant, smudge-free length and volume in three strokes or less. Velvet Noir gives you the thickest lashes in a blink.

What else you need to know:

Inspired by Marc Jacobs’s first beauty memory of his mother carefully shaving fibers from a velvet ribbon to create her own couture faux lashes, Velvet Noir reinvents this epic look.

• Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara I don't know ...2 Answers
  • Who else received the Marc Jacobs Beauty VoxBox? I fell in love w...6 Answers
  • so did anyone else receive Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major V...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Samantha M.
**Bought this product on my own**

Just wanted to clarify because I know many were sent this mascara by Influenster.

EDITED REVIEW:

My previous 5 star review is below this but after multiple terrible experiences with this mascara, I no longer think of this mascara the same way.

I'm not sure what is in this stuff but my eyes are sensitive to light. If it's bright outside or if I'm driving toward the sun and it's shining in my eyes, my eyes tend to water A LOT. Most people's do when the sun is shining in their eyes, but mine will water even if it's just super bright outside.

Anyway, I'm not sure why, but when my eyes water even the slightest and I'm wearing this mascara it BURNS. So bad that I had to shut that eye completely WHILE I was driving. I couldn't pull over (LA traffic) so I shut my eye and then kept it open for as long as I could without blinking and that seemed to help. And then it would happen to my OTHER eye...that was a bad day for me to say the least. I had never been to LA, just moved to Cali and my husband and I were picking up a vehicle we had shipped. First time driving in LA traffic and my eyes start going crazy! I have never had that problem before with other mascaras. My eyes have watered and there wasn't pain at all. But this...I have no idea what's in it, but it HURTS. And I had no other makeup on my eyes those days and it happened multiple times (the other times I wasn't driving, luckily) so I know the mascara is the cause.

It's super black, it makes my lashes look fabulous, but IT. BURNS. If my eyes even start to water a little bit, I'm done for.

I'm not sure if others have had this problem, maybe I just got a bad tube..

The review:
Love. Love. Love.

Can't get enough of this!! My lashes are medium to long length and most of the time I can get my lashes looking long, but they NEVER hold a curl. With this stuff, they finally do!! The consistency is perfect. It's never clumpy. The brush/applicator is PERFECT because I love "chubbier" brushes. (Less of a chance I'll stab myself in the eye.)

It's so black and buildable. Clumps but it's a good clump. (That makes sense, right?) If you like thick looking lashes and want something dramatic without falsies, I highly recommend this mascara.

If you're not into "clumpy" and want a more natural look I'd just apply one coat and be done with it.
Kim D.
Spokane Vly, WA
I received a sample of this a few months ago and didn't bother to try it since I had found a mascara I loved already. A few weeks later I came across it, tried it once and said meh. A few days later I tried it again and again and again. I realized I had been using this every day. Do I get racoon eyes, of course I do. Not as bad as some mascara's but I have yet to find one that doesn't. This gives me so much length and volume that I even look at my lashes and say wow! The wand looks like it would pick up too much product, but except for wiping off the tip, I have used it straight from the tube. I haven't experienced any sensitivities or fallout. I do use an oil remover to get it off, it has staying power. No clumps, I have a metal lash separator and haven't had to use it. I wear this every day and I bought the full size. The tube is a little big and clunky but it applies very easily. I haven't poked myself in the eye with the wand and it does what it's supoosed to. I try a lot of products, but when I buy something after trying it...it's worth it.
Kathrim A.
The mascara brush is different because it is bulkier at the ends but shorter in the center, making the tabs located in the center remain more curved. The downside here is that out much product and is as creamy, then the eyelashes are heavy and that makes weight down. Probe removing excess but still had to remove the excess with a clean brush.It notes that a mask is not waterproof, however the end of the day I notice that is still intact, not me has blurred the product for the lower eyelid, (obviously not rub the eye). At the end of the day, touch the tabs and the product came out as a paste or wax to remove it with your fingers, it might be the amount of product, but it was something I did not like. But overall duration is 8 hours intact.
Sai R.
This mascara has been going strong for 4 months now as my favorite. The brush gives amazing separation and volume without evwr getting clumpy or spidery. Truly gives the false lash effect without going overboard. I don't wear false lashes ever, so a high performing mascara is a must for me on days I get all dolled up. Yet to find anything like this at the drugstore. The only pitfall with this product is that it gets slightly flakey after 4 months, but I think that's about the life span of any mascara anyways...
Patricia W.
My go to mascara! I think I have tried most of the brands sold at Sephora and while there were a few that were pretty good, this one is hands down amazing. My lashes seem to go on and on forever once I apply it. I found that you need to put back a lot of it back in the tube before putting the wand to your lashes or it could clump especially when it starts to get older. I have bought a few backups just in case they discontinue which always happens to me when I find something I love.
Sharon F.
E Brunswick, NJ
The brush is a bit curvy so it places the right amount of product on your lashes, especially on those hard to reach places. This shade (Noir) is the blackest-black I’ve ever seen. The formula is smudge-proof (not waterproof), and claims to provide length and volume in three strokes or less. With just three strokes, this mascara provides the greatest length and the thickest lashes than any other mascara I own. The formula on this mascara is bar-none the best for dramatic lashes.
Tracy K.
I received this product free from Influenster for testing purposes awhile back. All opinions are my own. I feel this is a very high end mascara that gives the look of fake lashes without the work. I don't know about you but I can't seem to put fake lashes on properly, lol! But I love the volume and thickness this product gives along with the BLACK formula. They carry this product at Ulta for around $36. I highly recommend this product and feel its worth the extra money
Devon M.
Somerville
I am someone who has tried every mascara in Sephora. Any new product that comes out, I am first in line to test it out. Never having tried Marc Jacobs before, I didn't know what I was getting myself into; and I had heard mixed reviews on his other mascaras. This one though...holy grail. Long, lush, defined, carbon black...this one does it all. I found myself reaching for this mascara more than any other one I own. While the price tag is high, it is worth every penny!!!
Eden B.
Hendersonvlle, TN
What a beautiful product! As someone who doesn't get super excited about mascaras, this was a must have after using a deluxe sample from Sephora. The formula is build able and lightweight so it doesn't cake up the lashes. It volumizes and slightly curles for a beautiful flutter effect. The shape of the brush allows you to quickly apply the product in a hurry or gives you the ability to really work the product into your lashes for more volume. This is a must try!
Abby A.
I really enjoy this mascara. I know that most of the price is due to the name...... But I don't care :)

I think it is a bit of a wet formula, I waited for it to dry out a little bit. It is super black and adds some decent volume!

My one complaint is that it will clump if you are not careful. This is a mascara that you have to pay attention when applying. I tend to scrape off some extra product onto the rube opening. And then I get the perfect application!
Katellyn L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've seen a lot of hype on this, what does everyone think of it? How is the staying power? Any problems with flaking or smudging?
Marcela G.
Oceanside , CA
Is this mascara easy to remove?
Kaitlynn R.
Clover, SC
I have been searching for a new mascara recently and have a hard time deciding. I was wondering if this is a good choice to go with. Does it give lots of length and volume? Does it transfer onto the under eye area?
Candice W.
Does this clump?
Nikita S.
Los Angeles, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this out on the market? If it is, where can I get it?