Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye CrayonInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY MARC JACOBS BEAUTY #2 in Eyeliner

Intense Color. Waterproof. Extreme Wear.

Make a bold statement with this extreme-wear, waterproof eyeliner. Like a gel pot eyeliner encased within a crayon, this breakthrough formula is exclusive to Marc Jacobs Beauty: a super-malleable gel eyeliner glides on smoothly for a flawless, precise application, then sets in place for all-day wear. A built-in sharpener helps mold product into a perfect point for an instantly sharp look.

• Are these worth it? I've heard so many wonderful things.7 Answers
  • Insta add anyone? @kitsune.fire Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Ge...2 Answers
  • I see that some are saying this eyeliner is waterproof, I'm think...34 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Tracey B.
Waterford, NY
I'm always trying to find that perfect "staple" piece... that product that I always buy and recommend. I finally found it with this eyeliner. So thank you Sephora for choosing this as the 2016 Birthday Gift! If it weren't for Sephora, I wouldn't have tried this product. I absolutely love, love, LOVE it. I don't know what people are talking about when they say it's not ideal for a top liner... that's what I use it for and it's P-E-R-F-E-C-T! My only problem is that I need to sharpen it after every use.. But other than that, the product is amazing. I've yet to try the entire line, but the one that I do have.. it's super easy to put on and the color is pretty vivid. I haven't experienced it smudging a lot, but I know it does for some people. And it does go on thick if you don't sharpen it... which brings me to the other part of my review.

I was going to post a review a few days ago and it would've been 4 stars because I had no idea how to sharpen it. I thought like with the full size Marc Jacobs eyeliner, this would've had a little sharpener hidden at the bottom, but it didn't. So I watched a video on YouTube where they showed me to sharpen it by swiping the sides on some tissue, and it worked! So if you're looking for a way to sharpen it, try swiping each side until you get a point. Yes, I know you're losing a bit of product... but it works and my winged liner looks fabulous.
Tatiana S.
Paramount, CA
I usually use drugstore eyeliners and since this one is considered high end, I had really high hopes for it. The liner has a wonderful texture - soft and creamy, which makes your skin feel nice. It does go on very smooth and tar black, one stroke is enough to get a good coverage. However, the tip is so thick and round, it totally lacks precision. Getting a thin close to lash line is almost an impossible mission. No matter how hard I try, I always get a pretty thick and sloppy line and there's no way you could sharpen this. To make it even worse, the liner smudges and leaves mark on my crease line, which I don't appreciate and it's a deal breaker for me. All in all, this eyeliner is a luxury product and you can tell the difference with drugstore items. But it's not a flawless one, don't be deceived. Go for it only if you prefer thick lines.
Jamie Rose S.
Review for: Blacquer .013 oz
I received this as a free gift for my birthday from Sephora. It came in a set with a sample lipstick, which I thought was pretty nice since Marc Jacobs is high end. I like the lipstick, however I was more excited about this mini liner because I'd read such great reviews on it. And low and behold they were right, because this liner works beautifully for tightlining as well as for lining the outer corner. It is a very nice and dark shade of opaque black, which is oddly hard to find these days. I also found that it has quite the staying power and is pretty much smudgeproof unless you decide to go swimming or you're roasting out in the heat to the point where your makeup is melting off. I highly recommend trying these gel liner even if you can't afford the full size, check to see if you can get your hands on the sample size.
Winnie T.
I'm so glad Sephora decided to pick this eyeliner as it's 2016 Birthday gift!! I have always been a liquid eyeliner kind of girl but one day the liner I was using messing with my contacts when I'd use it to tightline so I found myself reaching for this gel eye crayon instead. The black worked AMAZINGLY for tight lining and it really stays all day. It doesn't smudge and it's really makes your eyelashes look fuller and perfects the eyeliner look. Don't know if I'd purchase this on my own but because of my amazing experience with it.. I'm really itching to spend my own money on this!

TIP: Twist the bottom for more product to come out. I didn't know this at first and I found myself constantly reaching for my sharpener.
Shari A.
Boca Raton, FL
This is my favorite eyeliner, above even Urban Decay and Colourpop. It's extremely pigmented and creamy, but it doesn't smear around or transfer. It doesn't tug or irritate my eyes or waterline, and it truly lasts all day. I own Brown(Out) and Blacquer, and they are my go to eye pencils. Brown(Out) is the most gorgeous bronze tone with gold flecks, and I find it helps to bring out the gold in my brown eyes and define without being too harsh. Blaquer is a classic black, and it's as black as it gets while being matte and easy to use. I plan on building my collection of these, even though they are on the pricier side. I truly recommend these, and think they are worth every penny.
Mariah C.
Stow, OH
Review for: Blacquer 42
So I first tried this eyeliner as a free gift from Sephora - I typically never repurchase these free little gifts but in this case I NEEDED IT. I have used countless black pencil eyeliners for my tightline and waterline and they always smudge or wear off no matter how expensive or promising they are. This eyeliner is SO pigmented, stays on all day, no smudging, and isn't drying on my tightline or waterline. I absolutely love it and the full sized one comes with a little sharpener on the end which is a huge bonus. I have tried Buxom, MAC, Makeup For Ever, NYX, and so many random drugstore eyeliners and this is by far the best. Cannot recommend enough!
Tori L.
One of the best pencil eyeliners I have tried so far! This one is a creme/gel like eyeliner so once it dries down it stays and will not budge! I naturally have VERY watery eyes and all of my past eyeliner that I tried would always run down and smudge near my tearduct, which made me look like a raccoon and I was so fed up with having to wipe it away multiple times during the day and thank god I got my birthday gift from Sephora because this changed my makeup game! It's Such a smooth liner that really has amazing pigmentation! If you're looking to try this out I totally say get this as your birthday gift during your birthday month and try it out!
Alex R.
Philadelphia, PA
I got this as a sample from Sephora as one of my yearly birthday gifts, and I actually ended purchasing it as well. I used to tight-line my upper eyelid, which is to say I use it on my upper eyelid along the waterline and it just produces a fuller looking lash line, which who doesn't want that? I will say it does last, but it does need at couple of seconds to truly set so that it can actually last all day. It is also gel-like so it is great for smudging out and making a very nice smokey eye look. It doesn't have the precision of a liquid liner so if that is what you are looking for I would skip this one.
Becky H.
Brooklyn, NY
What is a better way to amp up a daytime look to a nighttime look? Go bold on your eye makeup with Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon. I received my bday sample from Sephora and was thrilled to discover the color pay off it incredible. This eyeliner is creamy and extremely dark (if you get the black shade). I typically use this eye crayon to tight line my eyes and it's easily transferable to my waterline. The only downside is that it is easy to smudge after a few blinks. I prefer a very clean and intense black color. They got the color payoff down, just need to be less messy!
Jenny L.
Braintree, MA
Review for: Blacquer .013 oz
I received this as a sample from Sephora and all I have to say is, wow this eyeliner is amazing!!! It glides on smoothly and it's so black. Just one swipe and the color is a strong black! Usually with eyeliner, I have to go over my water line a few times to get the desired color payoff but not with this! It's also long lasting to the point where I can wash my face a few times and I still see residue from this liner the next morning. I overall like the liner for its staying power, color payoff, and smooth formula. Try getting a sample from Sephora and check it out!
Alisha T.
How creamy is this liner?
Reagan C.
Is this worth the money? Is this really black? Does it smudge? Does it last long? Any other recommendations?
tiaira c.
Boston, MA
I see that some are saying this eyeliner is waterproof, I'm thinking about purchasing but what do you think i should remove it with? if not water. PLS help lol
Katie B.
Jacksonville, NC
Is this water proof ?????
Amanda D.
Montreal, QC
Is this good for a cat eye or just to tighten the waterline? Thanks! :)