BY MARC JACOBS BEAUTY #62 in Highlighter

What it is:

What it does:

What else you need to know:

• I love highlighters and would have loved to receive and post a re...1 Answers
  • This glow stick is the bomb.com , seriously it's long lasting and...3 Answers
Destiny F.
Pasadena , TX
Guys! I remember when I first saw this highlighter at Sephora, I literally almost fell over in love! I didn't hesitate, I bought it. I will say this is obviously a creamy highlighter. And yes I was SO scared to put it over powder but it honestly doesn't do anything at all. It looks so beautiful guys like extremely beautiful. Now here's a little tip: make sure to either use a brush or beauty blender and rub the product on there first, then apply it cause if not and you just put the stick on your actual face, you will get your foundation on the highlighter and you will have to clean it (from experience) lol
Julissa E.
Hubertus, WI
Gorgeous!! absolutely gorgeous! Never thought Id love this as much as I do. When looking at it, its a very white opal illuminator. When putting it on the skin, it gives this beautiful natural (almost a "wet") glow to the skin that I never seen before. Whats amazing is that this can work for some many different skin tones, so don't be afraid when you see the product in the tube. It's easy to blend, very creamy and works well on top of powders as well. I usually apply with my fingers and lightly dab to my cheek bones. Ta-da! Glowing goddess :)
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
First of all, I received this product complimentary of Influenster for testing purposes but the following review is made up of my own opinions of the Marc Glow Stick.

At first, I had a hard time finding the perfect way to apply this illuminator because I'm so used to working with powder and liquid highlighters and not cream formulas. The shape of the applicator is very unique, very much like the rest of Marc Jacobs' cosmetic line, and it twists up like deodorant. It's an oval in shape so it glides easily down the bridge of your nose and across your cheekbones if you wish to apply straight from the packaging itself, which is how I tried to apply this at first. I found that this way would take my foundation off with it, but did leave the glow of the highlighter behind.

The highlighter itself leaves a very subtle glow that it's easy to blend, buildable, and very neutral with gold and silver tints to it.

After a week of playing around with the Marc Glow Stick, I found that this worked best for me when used as a base for my powder highlighters on my face and alone as a brow bone highlight when I am wearing a full face of makeup. When it's a light makeup day, (think tinted moisturizer), this makes a really good subtle highlighter and makes your skin look youthful and dewy. It's not over the top at all but for your full glam looks, I don't think it's enough to stand alone.

If it weren't for Influenster, I can't say for certain I would have purchased this product on my own since it is a bit on the pricier side and I am pretty content with the highlighters I'm currently using but I am thankful to have an opportunity to try something new to me. I have normal to dry skin with an oily t-zone (during the summer), and I find that this works well for normal to dry skin types. I cannot speak on behalf of those with oily skin.
Aya Z.
Louisville, KY
I'm a highlighter freak you could say. I want to be so glowy and dewy that aliens see me from outer space as a beacon and come down to earth to admire the highlight that is so bright. Key to having really popping highlight is to have a cream highlighter applied before powder and this Marc Jacobs illuminator is amazing! It is so creamy and sits comfortably on the skin. It is a bit pricey so it would be a deff splurge item but it is so worth it!
Jane F.
Washington, DC
I've been going back and forth about this product because I already have so many highlighters. I'm so glad I bought this one though! It's so flattering and versatile. I'm not into strobing, but this can be built up to a high shine highlight. It also works perfectly as a fresh glow when applied with a lighter hand. My recommendation is to apply it with a stippling brush or to use your fingers to dab and blend. I wouldn't use it straight from the tube over foundation. The color reminds me of the RMS Living Luminizer, but the texture is different. This also comes with a ton of product compared to other highlighters, and it's only $42 at Sephora!
Tabby M.
Sioux Falls
I had no clue what to expect from this product - I've never used anything like it. The application was easy enough (it's just a stick that you rub on your upper cheekbones), but I had issues blending it. The formula is very tacky, which makes it difficult to blend with a brush. This left me to use my fingers - something I'd rather not do, but oh well. The highlight that was left was nice. Kind of glittery, which isn't my style as I prefer a glow, but it was pretty nonetheless.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
This cream highlight is absolutely stunning! It's a shimmery, dewy finish. Not glittery. I think it's great for all skin types. I have dry skin and it works great for me. It lasts all day on my skin and still looks flawless. Definitely would buy again but I think this will last for awhile because it's a good amount of of product. You can apply with your finger, a brush, or just right from the stick. Highly recommend if you like dewy highlighters, it's seriously stunning!
Brittney O.
Gilroy, CA
At first, I wasn't sure if I would totally love this product but my friend convinced me I had to try it. I absolutely love this glow stick because it provides the most fresh and dewy glow that makes you just look healthy. I apply with my fingers and then go in and rub my damp beauty blender on the stick and apply to the areas I want to highlight. It works so well and I feel like I look super healthy. Perfect for that natural, fresh healthy skin look.
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
This product was an absolute "miss" for me, from start to finish. My immediate reaction was that the packaging was cheap and tacky seeming, like a stick of deodorant. But I try not to judge by those things. The product itself didn't impress me-- the color is bright white which, while it doesn't ghost out your face, you can definitely tell that the highlighter glimmer is white-toned. It reminded me of those vials of white glitter dust you use for crafts when you're kids-- not very sophisticated or grown-up for a makeup look, kind of 90s-dated. Finally-- a half hour after use I realized my ENTIRE BODY was covered in small red dots, head to toe, and I had a large red splotchy patch on my cheekbone (directly where the product was applied). I took an anti-allergy med and tried again the next day just to make sure it was THIS product causing it and not any other one in my regime. Sure enough, it was this one. Now, I do have a sulfa allergy so it could be caused by sulfa-ingredients in this product, which I grant you, it's not the fault of anyone at Marc Jacobs that I have this allergy. I should've read the ingredients prior to use. However all I can say is that I've tried (no exaggeration) several hundred skincare products in my day and nothing else has caused this-- including products with listed sulfa-ingredients (usually they are among the last listed and therefore the smallest contributed amount in the ingredient list), so I have to surmise that this has an unusually high concentration of sulfa-ingredients. I sent it back, sorry.
Kelly K.
New Fairfield, CT
The highlighter is beautiful, it is not the most pigmented highlighter but gives a striking natural glow. The packing is also very nice-looking, however the shape of the highlighter is a little annoying when applicated directly to the face. It is Therefore a necessity to use a brush, or apply the product with your finger for precision. All and all the Marc Jacobs glow stick highlighter is a beautiful highlighter for the very natural look in a slightly annoying packaging.
Astgik D.
N Hollywood, CA
Anyone that has this, is it easily blendable? Or does it just sit on top?
Sondor D.
Warsaw
Jamie M.
Cape Town, SA
Anntonya Y.
San Antonio, TX
Arianna B.
Works the price? I wanis try