BY MARC JACOBS BEAUTY #72 in Highlighter

What it is:

What it does:

What else you need to know:

• I love highlighters and would have loved to receive and post a re...1 Answers
  • This glow stick is the bomb.com , seriously it's long lasting and...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Cathy C.
new york city
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am obsessed with highlighters. This one is the holy grail. Emollient enough to look like second skin with no glittery particles and a TON of product. Doesn't last as long as I'd like (3 hours at full effect on my skin) but it's so easy to use you can just throw it into your bag. I will stock up on these.
Sammi K.
Cleveland , OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
The second I watched one of my favorite beauty youtubers apply this to her face I signed into Sephora and ordered it because I felt I couldn't live without it. I was right. This is absolutely beautiful. I hate how much I love it because I am nervous about running out of the product. My two main complaints with it are the application and the price point. It really hate applying products with my fingers because I don't feel it looks as blended as it should. When applying with a beauty sponge, it's hard to tell how much product you have on it, until it's too late. But it is very very buildable. If you're paying attention to what you're doing, you can get just the right amount to keep building until your glowing heart's content. This isn't a must have for everyone, and definitely won't make or break your beauty collection. There are probably cheaper alternatives if I'm being honest but I don't regret my purchase one bit and would probably purchase it again after having a debate about how I already own enough highlighters.
Erica S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This illuminator by Marc Jacobs is so unique in its packaging design. It looks like a little travel sized deodorant but when you pop that cap, you'll see an amazing shimmering champagne or goldish colored illuminator. Aside from the fool proof application, it leaves your skin with this beautiful dewy, almost magical fairy like sheen to it. Because of the light sheen glow, this is not really a highlighter or atleast a highlighter where the glow could blind you. Its more just a radiance to your skin but in my opinion it looks very different on people with darker skin tones or just if you have a tan in general though. It will look more silverish & you can see it more definitive and obvious. It's just a softn pretty glow. I like it (especially the design and how compact & travel friendly it is) but i dont think its worth the $42
Monica B.
Memphis, TN
I was lucky enough to receive this voxbox from Influenster to test!First, I'll start with the actual product and its pros. The color is beautiful. I have medium deep skin and it looks like a really pretty silvery champagne color. The formula is creamy and blendable. You can also layer powder highlighters on top of it without your skin looking cakey.The cons: Although I like the stick concept, its a little too wide to apply the product onto your skin directly. I also noticed that your foundation rubs off onto the stick. To avoid this I apply it with my fingertips which is annoying at times because I have to keep a makeup wipe at my side. Its harder to apply directly with a brush. I think if the stick was skinnier it would be perfect to apply everywhere (kind of like the benefit watts up). The price is also a little steep for me though I understand that Marc Jacobs is the more high end brand so the price fits in that regard. I'm not sure if I would buy this if it wasn't sent to me but it is a beautiful highlighter.
May V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Marc Jacobs Glow Stick has a very light, creamy texture, very subtle when you first put it on but is very easy to build the product onto your face. I love how versatile it is whether you want a natural or dramatic glow. The color features silver/gold specks on my skintone. As MarcBeauty raves this shade is universal for all skintones. It is also portable and easy for traveling, you wouldn’t have to worry about it cracking or falling apart. I can definitely tell this product will last me a very long time too. However if there is anything I do dislike about it, it would be the application. It’s easy to swatch but what you would need to do is use a synthetic brush and apply it onto your face. At first I wanted to try it out the way it was package and applied it directly onto my face but that didn’t look too good. In fact I had to actually blend it with a brush because it was too harsh. Lesson learned, use a brush to apply it onto your face.

*I RECEIVED THESE PRODUCTS COMPLIMENTARY FROM INFLUENSTER FOR TESTING PURPOSES.
Cheyanne T.
Midland, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I actually love this highlighter so much!
In my opinion, I think it looks amazing on no foundation days just to add a little bit of glow.
I have tried it over foundations as well, and I do really like it, I just feel like if you don't work quickly to blend it out, it can sometimes break up your foundation. And always apply this before powder products. I have not had a good experience with this over powder products unfortunately.
But you can warm it up a little bit so it smooths out much easier like a liquid formula would, and it is gorgeous. I sometimes heat it up and melt it a bit to mix it with my moisturizer, and other times I will use it on the high points of my face by gliding the stick across those points and patting it out with my fingers.
I also love using this as a inner corner highlight on my eyes. And it lasts all day long.
I will continue to repurchase this, and I hope they come out with this shade in a liquid form... that would be amazing!!
Cortney S.
Townsend, MA
This was an impulse buy for me after seeing it at my local Sephora. I had a million other things I needed to get and ended up so mesmerized by this highlight I immediately bought it. It is absolutely gorgeous! It's a cream that applies really easily on top of other products when you use your finger to blend it out or a beauty blender. I feel when you try to just draw it on it moves stuff around. It gives you a beautiful glow and lasts a really long time on the skin! It almost looks like your skin is wet-- it's gorgeous!
Whitney S.
Louisville, KY
I want to start by saying I received this product free in return for my review on this product.  My opinions are 100% my own thoughts.

I will say when I first received this product I was a little taken back by the packaging.  I thought how could this product work well in this deodorant like packaging.  After working with it and trying it different ways, I fell in LOVE!! This is the perfect base for a powder highlight over top of it.  My absolute favorite way & time to wear this hightlighter is in the summer.  I like to wear it with a dewy foundation.  It give my skin a perfect summer glow in this combination.

Without influenster I probably wouldn't have tried this product because my first impression of this product I wasn't impressed.  However, I will be purchasing another one once mine runs out.

If you love a dewy glow you should definitely give his product a try, you won't regret it.
Brooke B.
Brattleboro, VT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Although I haven't tried many highlighters, I just adore this one by marc jacobs! I have medium to dark skin and this gives me that summer glow without making my face look greasy or shiny. I am a huge fan of the roll-up applicator, as it makes highlighting my cheekbones easy peasy!

@marcjacobs

@influenster

#beachbashcontest
#marcjacobs #highlighter #summerhighlight #makeup
Destiny F.
Pasadena , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Guys! I remember when I first saw this highlighter at Sephora, I literally almost fell over in love! I didn't hesitate, I bought it. I will say this is obviously a creamy highlighter. And yes I was SO scared to put it over powder but it honestly doesn't do anything at all. It looks so beautiful guys like extremely beautiful. Now here's a little tip: make sure to either use a brush or beauty blender and rub the product on there first, then apply it cause if not and you just put the stick on your actual face, you will get your foundation on the highlighter and you will have to clean it (from experience) lol
Astgik D.
N Hollywood, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Anyone that has this, is it easily blendable? Or does it just sit on top?
Sondor D.
Warsaw
Jamie M.
Cape Town, SA
Arianna B.
Works the price? I wanis try
Anntonya Y.