BY MARC JACOBS BEAUTY #72 in Highlighter

What it is:

What it does:

What else you need to know:

• I love highlighters and would have loved to receive and post a re...1 Answers
  • This glow stick is the bomb.com , seriously it's long lasting and...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
First of all, I received this product complimentary of Influenster for testing purposes but the following review is made up of my own opinions of the Marc Glow Stick.

At first, I had a hard time finding the perfect way to apply this illuminator because I'm so used to working with powder and liquid highlighters and not cream formulas. The shape of the applicator is very unique, very much like the rest of Marc Jacobs' cosmetic line, and it twists up like deodorant. It's an oval in shape so it glides easily down the bridge of your nose and across your cheekbones if you wish to apply straight from the packaging itself, which is how I tried to apply this at first. I found that this way would take my foundation off with it, but did leave the glow of the highlighter behind.

The highlighter itself leaves a very subtle glow that it's easy to blend, buildable, and very neutral with gold and silver tints to it.

After a week of playing around with the Marc Glow Stick, I found that this worked best for me when used as a base for my powder highlighters on my face and alone as a brow bone highlight when I am wearing a full face of makeup. When it's a light makeup day, (think tinted moisturizer), this makes a really good subtle highlighter and makes your skin look youthful and dewy. It's not over the top at all but for your full glam looks, I don't think it's enough to stand alone.

If it weren't for Influenster, I can't say for certain I would have purchased this product on my own since it is a bit on the pricier side and I am pretty content with the highlighters I'm currently using but I am thankful to have an opportunity to try something new to me. I have normal to dry skin with an oily t-zone (during the summer), and I find that this works well for normal to dry skin types. I cannot speak on behalf of those with oily skin.
Tabitha M.
Tavares, FL
How have other makeup companies NOT come up with this packaging yet? It makes total sense. YES, it may be a LITTLE off putting because it’s packaged like a deodorant stick, BUT the fact that it’s a creme highlighter makes application BOMB! If you used other creme or pressed highlighters, you are forced to use your finger, a brush, or some other tool for application. This product gives you the opportunity to just swipe the stick gently across your cheek and you’re done. (You may take your finger or back of hand to blend it more, but its just that simple).

As far as how use of product, this can EASILY be worn on a bare face just to give your cheeks a pop of glow, and a bit of lift. I’ve been wearing is bare faced around the house and to the pool, with just a swipe above my cheek.

What sets this product apart is how MOISTURIZING it is. This is the first highlighting product that I’ve tried that actually feels smooth like a lotion (where as others a like a liquid or a thick creme if in a pan). I have extremely oily skin and thought this would highlight how shiny my face actually gets. No, it actually is just the opposite. This product somehow helps my cheeks combat the oiliness, which is awesome.

The color is has a base vanilla tone, but the shimmer is like a mix of gold and silver. I have a very tan complexion and it looks great (I usually tend to only go with more gold/pinky/bronze highlighters) but for some reason this one just works.

The swatch in the picture is just one swipe (not too hard, but not too gentle). The intensity can definitely be built up by pressing harder, applying more BUT can easily be taken down by blending out with your finger/back of hand.

I honestly hope they release more colors! Like a bronzer like this, GIRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL can you even imagine? OR A BLUSH. Just saying’.
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
This product was an absolute "miss" for me, from start to finish. My immediate reaction was that the packaging was cheap and tacky seeming, like a stick of deodorant. But I try not to judge by those things. The product itself didn't impress me-- the color is bright white which, while it doesn't ghost out your face, you can definitely tell that the highlighter glimmer is white-toned. It reminded me of those vials of white glitter dust you use for crafts when you're kids-- not very sophisticated or grown-up for a makeup look, kind of 90s-dated. Finally-- a half hour after use I realized my ENTIRE BODY was covered in small red dots, head to toe, and I had a large red splotchy patch on my cheekbone (directly where the product was applied). I took an anti-allergy med and tried again the next day just to make sure it was THIS product causing it and not any other one in my regime. Sure enough, it was this one. Now, I do have a sulfa allergy so it could be caused by sulfa-ingredients in this product, which I grant you, it's not the fault of anyone at Marc Jacobs that I have this allergy. I should've read the ingredients prior to use. However all I can say is that I've tried (no exaggeration) several hundred skincare products in my day and nothing else has caused this-- including products with listed sulfa-ingredients (usually they are among the last listed and therefore the smallest contributed amount in the ingredient list), so I have to surmise that this has an unusually high concentration of sulfa-ingredients. I sent it back, sorry.
Pamela C.
This #MarcGlowStick is freaking amazing. I used it on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and around my temples, and it literally stayed in place and gave me a sublime glow ALL AFTERNOON! I swatched it lightly, which gave an iridescent natural glow. I then swatched it heavily which gave an intense golden shimmer which is AMAZING. I can wait to use this for a night out when I can really go to town on it!!! It blends beautifully and evenly, which removes the chance of a a super highlighted section of your face looking awkward. The color looks great on my skin tone (medium dark), but I can only imagine how great it looks on other skin tones as well. It's really amazing, and a good amount of product is supplied in the packaging. I also LOVE the fact that it is a stick with a dial component. Goodbye to getting product stuck in hard to reach places! I can't rave about this thing enough, I'm in love with it!!!!

Christine C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is oh my Gawwwd amazing! It's beautiful. It's so cute white sleek packaging very in tune with Marc Jacob's beauty products. It's packaging is similar in design usage to that of deodorant. Take cap off and twist up. You get a ton of product. This little guy would probably last you your whole glowy life. It's a beautiful universal shade that would compliment almost all skin tones bc it is suited for warm/neutral/cool. It is incredibly easy to use. Apply directly by stick, tap with fingers, or use a brush for the more sheer application. It is very user friendly. Play with what your comfortable with and don't be afraid to shine! I don't feel that it accentuates any pores. It is a very similar product and consistency to benefits watts up. But I think this is great buy. I received this complimentary of @influenster @marcbeauty to review. This is my honest opinion. #marcglowstick #contest
Karla C.
Millville , NJ
This highlighter is soooo amazing!! First, the packaging is super cute! Some people say it looks like a deodorant but really it's just super easy to take on the go. No more broken compacts while traveling!! Next, the formula is super creamy but when it's applied to the skin, it's is not sticky or "wet" at all. Also, the color is super buildable from a super natural glow with one swipe to a "blind you with my highlight" with a few swipes. But even with a few layers, it doesn't look or feel heavy. Lastly, this thing is the definition of blend able! You can blend it super easily so application is just perfect. This is perfect for everyone because the color has a balance of cool and warm under tones so it truly looks great on all skin tones. I definitely recommend it to everyone! I love it!!
Lupita1 s.
Ridgewood, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Before anything I just want to state that I was given this by influenster to review. But what I have to say is my oen opinion. I completely love this highlighter. I have medium olive skin tone and I feel like it works with my complection . I fomd that the formula is really creamy and easy to blend out without making my foudation look blotchy. It gives a healthy glow to the skin . But what's best is that it's a nice pearly shade that gives a sheen without looking like you have glitter on your face. It's definitely more of a Suttle natural glow but if worn under a powder highlight you will be glowing for days. I definitely love the product. I love how it makes my skon look dewy like I'm glowing from within. My only complain would be the packaging. It some what resembles a deodorant.
jae C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've tried a few cream highlighters and this one is up in my top three favorites. I like that it shows up on my super pale skin without giving a weird cast (like yellow or orange) and I like that it is super blendable and easy to buff out.

Pro Tip: use KVD's Thundercrush eyeshadow on top of it to make the highlight pop that much more!

Pros: travel-friendly, easy to blend, safe for sensitive skin, and gives a natural glow on MOST skin types.

Cons: It may look cakey if you apply it over powder and can pull up any foundation underneath if you're not careful. The cost is a bit high, but keep in mind that you are paying for both the product and the Marc Jacobs name. And lastly, it may not behave as well on top of folks with super oily faces.
I received the Marc Jacobs Glow Stick in Spotlight in a recent Influenster Vox Box and nearly cried tears of joy. I had started seeing photos of this beautiful highlighter pop up in my feeds and had it on my wish list. I am so thankful to Marc Jacobs and Influenster for sending me this product, because it's everything I thought it would be. It is a cream highlighter that has both silver and gold pigments and was formulated to compliment any skin tone. I love the dewy look it gives to skin, and the packaging is pretty genius. Instead of worrying about breaking my precious ABH and Becca highlights when traveling, this is easy to throw in my bag and not worry about it shattering. I cannot stop wearing this gorgeous highlight!
Mandy G.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I must say that I'm not usually someone who likes cream products as far as highlighters go, so I really wasn't expecting to like this product.

However I was right, I don't like it... I LOVE IT!!! If you are someone who likes a in you face highlighter, this isn't for you! If you are someone like me who likes a subtle highlighter, this is perfect!

When blended out this product gives just the right amount of glow! I used my fingers to apply and blend it, but you can use a synthetic brush or a sponge to apply it. I also love the fact that this product blends like a dream, with minimal work.

If you are new to highlighters and want to try one, I would recommend trying this one. This Glow Stick is so easy to use, it's foolproof!
Astgik D.
N Hollywood, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Anyone that has this, is it easily blendable? Or does it just sit on top?
Sondor D.
Warsaw
Jamie M.
Cape Town, SA
Arianna B.
Works the price? I wanis try
Anntonya Y.