BY MARC JACOBS BEAUTY

A breakthrough gel foundation that's antiaging, long-wearing, and awakens your skin to its ideal radiance and clarity. Erase the past, perfect the present, and protect the future. Formulated with lifestyle ingredients and Buoyancy Gel™ technology, Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation creates a weightless, natural veil that never settles into fine lines. An infusion of Soft Focus Powder reflects light to minimize imperfections, while revitalizing multi-vitamins provide supreme hydration for even application and luxurious wear. This versatile formula builds easily from natural to full coverage, providing supreme hydration for a radiant finish. Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

• Do you prefer applying it with a brush or beauty sponge?6 Answers
  • Do you think this foundation would be good for full-cover...1 Answers
  • Is this a full coverage foundation?4 Answers
Mary E.
Strafford
This foundation is by far the best luxury foundation I’ve ever tried; it’s really light weight, and the coverage is there, but it’s not trying to cover up every little detail. It doesn’t settle into fine lines, and it doesn’t really crease. I absolutely love the packaging as well, it’s a decent weight so it feels pretty luxurious, and instead of having a paddle like his other foundation, it has a pump (which is a plus, I don’t really like paddles too much). I’d recommend this if you want a beautiful looking foundation that is light weight and a decent coverage. If you’re going to purchase this you may have to splurge a little considering it’s nearly $50, but I think it’s worth the price. If you don’t want to spend that much, I personally think the ‘Wet n Wild photo focus foundation’ is a great dupe for this, it has a little more coverage but it applies the same and looks beautiful.
Courtney S.
Santa Ana, CA
This foundation is okay if your going for a super natural “no makeup” look. It has a dewy finish, and very little coverage. And although it is sheer coverage, it feels kinda heavy and makes my face look greasy not dewy. It would be okay if you wanna put on some light makeup for going to the beach, or an outdoor activity. It says that this is a “buoyancy gel” formula and although I wouldn’t say it’s buoyant- it does have a gel consistency. The foundation gets soaked up easily, I used it with both a sponge and a brush and it basically just made my brush/sponge dirty.
Yana K.
W Hollywood, CA
This foundation is very nice for everyday wear! It’s kinda shear but it’s very buildable and looks really good especially when applied with a brush. The coverage is medium-thing and it makes your sling look very natural and gives you that healthy glow. The only con for me that on my combo skin it becomes really shine after few hours of wear even with mattifying primer
Alaa E.
Brooklyn
Awesome foundation! I have oily acne prone skin and this does foundation does not exacerbate my skin condition. I find that it lasts pretty well with or without primer. The coverage is medium but definitely buildable and has a natural to soft matte finish depending on how you prep your skin beforehand. I would say that it's best applied with a brush. I tried applying with the real techniques sponge blender and the product just got soaked up by the sponge. Otherwise excellent buy!
Cindy G.
Personally I think this is a very natural foundation. I use this everyday I don’t want a full coverage. It can be buildable. I usually add 2 layers to get the coverage I want. I would recommend this foundation to anyone who wants a natural light weight foundation.
Alina B.
Woodridge, IL
Horrible experience. This thing cannot be called a “foundation” because it’s basically a tinted gel. It’s got no coverage and super weird finish. The word that describes this product best is WEIRD. It is almost impossible to find a good shade because all of them go orange on the skin. It feels tacky and oily once applied. I don’t know who would like this stuff, really.
Dana H.
Hurlburt Fld, FL
Is this gone forever in exchange for the Shameless foundation that has mixed reviews? Because I’ll cry! I love this product. It’s a light to medium coverage and I find it evens out my redness but isn’t so heavy that I can’t see my freckles. I love it, it is worth every dollar and I hope I can get my hands on it again after I run out!
Allison H.
Poplar Bluff , MO
This foundation is great for day to day wear if you have pretty clear skin. I personally have acne prone skin, so I don’t get to wear this often. The gel formula applies nicely, but kind of sheer. The coverage builds a little while on your skin, but it still is such a light coverage. On days when my skin is clear this looks beautiful! It makes my skin have a natural dewy look. The wear time is alright, but still not the best. This would be a handy foundation to have if it was drugstore priced, but with a price that steep it wouldn’t be worth the repurchase. MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation
Melinda J.
I just bought this at tjmaxx for $15. Love mj products so i thought id try it. Its nice. If you have dry skin or texture you may not love it but for normal and semi smooth skin it looks really nice. Half with & half with out photos below!
Alex L.
Eugene , OR
This Marc Jacobs foundation has such a great, buildable yet breathable coverage, perfect for everyday wear. I got this on sale at Sephora and decided to try it out. I am multi ethnic and have warm medium skin and the ‘Beige Medium’ fit my skin perfectly. It lasts through a busy college day and through a waitressing shift at night when I set it with a translucent setting powder. I still needed concealer over an acne bump or strong irritation (I also have eczema, which this foundation doesn’t irritate), but what foundation masks everything perfectly without suffocating your skin? It was easy to wash off and didn’t feel heavy on my skin. I would use something heavier for a special event, etc, but this genius gel is just great for everyday use.
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
Do you prefer applying it with a brush or beauty sponge?
Does it last all day?
Ariana V.
Santa Maria, CA
Is it full coverage or medium to ful?
Elena N.
San Gabriel , CA
I've never worn foundation but would this be a good start the coverage etc
Delitefulybee e.
Toronto, ON
Is this a full coverage foundation?