BY MARC JACOBS

A breakthrough gel foundation that's antiaging, long-wearing, and awakens your skin to its ideal radiance and clarity. Erase the past, perfect the present, and protect the future. Formulated with lifestyle ingredients and Buoyancy Gel™ technology, Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation creates a weightless, natural veil that never settles into fine lines. An infusion of Soft Focus Powder reflects light to minimize imperfections, while revitalizing multi-vitamins provide supreme hydration for even application and luxurious wear. This versatile formula builds easily from natural to full coverage, providing supreme hydration for a radiant finish. Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

• Do you prefer applying it with a brush or beauty sponge?6 Answers
  • Do you think this foundation would be good for full-cover...1 Answers
  • Is this a full coverage foundation?4 Answers
Buy on Sephora
erika z.
I love this foundation so much that I bought a second bottle, and I'm not even done with the first. For a brief period of time, my skin was going through a dry-dry/combo phase, so I was on the hunt for a somewhat hydrating foundation. I landed on this, and it was great. Whenever I wear this foundation, my friend asks me, "What are you wearing?" She even bought it herself. Now that my skin is back to being oily, I still wear this foundation, and the result at the end of the day isn't as bad as you'd probably expect. I don't find myself being any more oily than normal. I'd definitely recommend this foundation if you're willing to splurge a little.
Yana K.
W Hollywood, CA
This foundation is very nice for everyday wear! It’s kinda shear but it’s very buildable and looks really good especially when applied with a brush. The coverage is medium-thing and it makes your sling look very natural and gives you that healthy glow. The only con for me that on my combo skin it becomes really shine after few hours of wear even with mattifying primer
Nancy M.
Santa Rosa
This foundation did not work for me at all. I’ve tried it several times and I’m going to continue using it until I finish it. but it is terrible on me. every time I wear it I have a terrible make up day. If you so much as accidentally touch your face or are thinking of blotting, the entire area will come off. It’s almost like the foundation never settles. It moves around so much. It’s very light coverage, which I don’t mind. I just wish it would stay put. And I’ve tried several different setting powders and setting sprays that work perfectly well for me with any other foundation. But this damn product refuses to stay on my face lol
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
I heard mix reviews about this product but in general, they were all good. Though this product is now discontinued which I am so upset with myself because I didn't actually purchase/try this product until a few months ago until it was on sale on Sephora. Only because I thought with a high price tag, it didn't seem so worth it to me. And now, I regret not trying this product sooner and buying a backup!!!!!

This product blends in so well into the skin like a second skin and looks so natural. It is truly buildable without it looking cakey which is such a plus. It doesn't break up on my skin if I use any type of primer or without. I would probably say it doesn't last as long without a primer though (maybe about 6-7 hours without primer).

If you can get your hands on this product still, I highly recommend it.
Cindy G.
Greenville, SC
Personally I think this is a very natural foundation. I use this everyday I don’t want a full coverage. It can be buildable. I usually add 2 layers to get the coverage I want. I would recommend this foundation to anyone who wants a natural light weight foundation.
Dana H.
Eglin Afb, FL
Is this gone forever in exchange for the Shameless foundation that has mixed reviews? Because I’ll cry! I love this product. It’s a light to medium coverage and I find it evens out my redness but isn’t so heavy that I can’t see my freckles. I love it, it is worth every dollar and I hope I can get my hands on it again after I run out!
Allison H.
Poplar Bluff , MO
This foundation is great for day to day wear if you have pretty clear skin. I personally have acne prone skin, so I don’t get to wear this often. The gel formula applies nicely, but kind of sheer. The coverage builds a little while on your skin, but it still is such a light coverage. On days when my skin is clear this looks beautiful! It makes my skin have a natural dewy look. The wear time is alright, but still not the best. This would be a handy foundation to have if it was drugstore priced, but with a price that steep it wouldn’t be worth the repurchase. MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation
Melinda J.
Media, PA
I just bought this at tjmaxx for $15. Love mj products so i thought id try it. Its nice. If you have dry skin or texture you may not love it but for normal and semi smooth skin it looks really nice. Half with & half with out photos below!
Alex L.
Eugene, OR
This Marc Jacobs foundation has such a great, buildable yet breathable coverage, perfect for everyday wear. I got this on sale at Sephora and decided to try it out. I am multi ethnic and have warm medium skin and the ‘Beige Medium’ fit my skin perfectly. It lasts through a busy college day and through a waitressing shift at night when I set it with a translucent setting powder. I still needed concealer over an acne bump or strong irritation (I also have eczema, which this foundation doesn’t irritate), but what foundation masks everything perfectly without suffocating your skin? It was easy to wash off and didn’t feel heavy on my skin. I would use something heavier for a special event, etc, but this genius gel is just great for everyday use.
Tara G.
St Clr Shores, MI
People are obsessed with this foundation and I just don’t get it. There is NO coverage. This is like a tinted moisturizer (at best). I guess it would be nice for people with flawless skin (but then why are you even wasting your time putting foundation on, no judgment, I just didn’t wear foundation when I didn’t have bad skin). I feel like this product was really developed for more mature skin. It feels more like skincare than makeup.
Does it last all day?
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood , OH
Do you prefer applying it with a brush or beauty sponge?
Ariana V.
Santa Maria, CA
Is it full coverage or medium to ful?
Elena N.
San Gabriel , CA
I've never worn foundation but would this be a good start the coverage etc
Delitefulybee e.
Toronto, OK
Is this a full coverage foundation?