BY MARC JACOBS BEAUTY #26 in Highlighter

What it is:
A lightweight, coconut-infused gel highlighter that can be applied to skin directly or added into foundation or primer for a universally flattering glow.

What it is formulated to do:
Give your highlight a dose of skincare. Inspired by Marc Jacobs' love of coconut water and the glow of youthful-looking, radiant, well-hydrated skin, this gel-cream instantly lights up the complexion. Directly highlight skin or blend this concentrated luminizer with foundation and primer to transform them into illuminating elixirs. A little goes a long way: This gel highlighter builds for the ultimate sheen, and the sensual, golden-peach hue flatters all skin tones with warm radiance. It’s formulated with five forms of coconut and provitamin B5 to help hydrate and nourish skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Inspired by Marc Jacobs's love of coconut water and a radiant complexion, this product features five forms of coconut to hydrate and nourish:
-Coconut alkanes: Help with longer wear
-Coconut milk: Deeply hydrates

• i so want this in my life :)1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
I  love coconut anything so I was super excited to try this coconut gel highlighter! When I first received this product I swatched it on my arm. I really wanted to see how it felt and looked because I never used a gel or liquid highlighter before but I wasn’t immediately ready to try it on my face, just in case I had a reaction. I was really impressed! No reaction! The texture is a light and more of a liquid then I expected it to be for a gel but I figured this would help with the application and blending. It's hydrating, super glowy, and smells like coconut heaven! I usually opt for fragrance-free products but the coconut scent of this highlighter seemed light enough to wear on my face. You do not need a lot of this product and the recommended 2-3 drops per application is accurate. I tried applying it with both a brush and a sponge and definitely liked the sponge better. You need to work with this product quickly because it does set quickly. It has a bit more actual sparkle in it then I tend to use but since it’s hydrating and beneficial for the skin I am willing to be a bit more sparkly! I can definitely see how this peach-golden hue can be flattering for all skin tones and I think it worked really well for my light skin tone. The bottle design is simple, clean, and well-made. I love the pump bottle because I feel like it’s more sanitary. I also love that you can control just how much you dispense by adjusting the pressure you apply to the pump. Overall, I really enjoy this good-for-your-skin product! It's not something I would have picked out for myself if I were shopping around, but I do think if I spotted it beforehand I would have took the time to learn about it and try it. I really like using this directly on my skin to highlight areas like my cheek bones, brow bones, bridge of my nose, and my cupids bow. I also tried mixing this with my foundation for an all-over glow and loved the look! It seems perfect for a day where I want to wear my makeup more natural. It's long-wearing and gives you a nice summer glow without that overpowering sparkle. I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes and am so happy I did! For more information, a full review of this product is on my blog. See profile for details!
Holly S.
Holly S.
Rockland, MA
The Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter is the first highlighter I have owned and used. I had to research where to apply the highlighter on my face and experiment with the product! At first glance, I loved the packaging. The bottle is beautiful! As recommended, I applied one-to-two pumps of Dew Drops directly to my complexion, over my foundation, for an elevated glow. I first used a face brush to blend the product across my cheek bones and was disappointed it did not blend very well. The product is highly pigmented and dries quickly. As I used the face brush, the product was drying and building too heavily in small areas on my cheeks. The created look wasn't very soft, sheer, nor natural. I had to use my finger to correct and blend further. In the following days, I began using my finger to apply an even smaller amount of product (a little goes a long way) and to blend. My finger gave me more control over the product, allowing me to build an elevated glow on my cheek bones. I really loved how the Dew Drops golden-peach color complimented my fair skin tone, and I think it will still look great in the summertime when I have more color. With Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter, you can achieve a sheer, shimmery look with just a few drops. It's long-lasting, as my skin looks radiant throughout my 9-to-5 work day. I sometimes reapply Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter before going out for the night, just to refresh the glow. Though I'm a beginner in the world of highlighters, I'd recommend Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter to a friend, but warn them it can sometimes be difficult to blend. I received this product complimentary from Influenster to test and review, but all opinions are my own.
Alexandria M.
Alexandria M.
Richardson, TX
I was sent this product complimentary by #influensterfor testing purposes and fell head over heels in love with it. The first time that I used this, I tried to put it on my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, and my cupids bow after I finished contouring and setting my face. It did not blend out nicely and I did not like the way it made my skin look. So I started youtubing people who had tried the product and how they used it. One girl mixed the Dew drops in with her foundation and it made her skin look so hydrated and luminous. So that's exactly what I did. I tried mixing it in with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and my Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and it made my makeup and skin look, feel and smell beautifully! The Gel Highlighter is the perfect champagne gold color that looks good on almost every skin tone. When you mix it in with your foundation, depending on how much you mix in with your foundation, it makes your skin look very hydrated and healthy while adding a subtle all over the face glow. Here's the thing...I usually don't like when my face looks luminous. Normally, I am a matte skin type of person because I get oily enough as it is...But this product does NOT make your skin look oily or greasy. It literally makes your skin look HYDRATED with a hint of dewiness. With this product, a little goes a long way: This gel highlighter builds for the ultimate sheer and is good for you, too. It contains five forms of coconut and Provitamin B5 which help hydrate and nourish the skin. The smell is also amazing. I love putting it on my face because I know The Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter is a bit pricey but is so worth the price. LITERALLY, a little goes a long way. You don't need to use this product like you would a foundation. You just need a small pump and you are golden (literally). I will definitely repurchase this product after I run out.
Rose T.
Rose T.
Scranton, PA
This product (thanks to influenster for sending me it to try) changed my views on highlighters. At first I kept buying all these different brands with no desired result. I was ready to call it quits. I have dry skin so I was having issues finding something that would stay on all day and not look cheap. Marc Jacobs Coconut Gel Highlighter (50 Dew You?) proved to me that I can have the sought after glow I wanted IS accessible for me! It doesn't leave a film or glitter falling all over your face. It basically is like running silk on your skin. It sets in quickly and can even be applied with your foundation (mixed) to give you a inner glow that stays all day with you. It literally takes only a drop to swipe on anywhere your applying your highliter. If you want a more dramatic use you can apply more gradually until you reach your desired glow. I love this product and can tell that the price is well worth it for anyone nervous about it. It will last you a long time, I can tell from one use! The body is a nice heavy glass with a pretty matte glass effect going on in the design. The inside comes with a stick attached to the lid. Personally I love this because I can get maximum use from my product. To the company however I would suggest a slight change to it so the bottom isn't just a hollow stick, but instead maybe a small spatuala type end so i can scoop. All in all thats a miniscule thing to care about much, so i think this product deserves the 5 stars.
EDIT: WOW MY BAD!! you can take the white top off it (don't unscrew it like I did before I edited this lol) and it has a PUMP!! haha well in that case this product is %100 perfect for me I love it
Sue K.
Sue K.
I received this complimentary from influenster to test out. I am pretty pale but found this to be glowy enough. It wasn't too golden on me.

This is not going to be a crazy see-it-from-space type highlighter but it does get very nice sheen. This has a slightly thicker conistency than the becca priming filter or cover fx drops. It's more of a gel cream that dries fast.

My favorite way to mix a half pump with a hydrating primer under foundation for an all over healthy glow to my skin on "natural" makeup days. On top of foundation, i like to pat this on with fingertips and blend the edges with a damp beauty blender if needed. I have to be careful because it can pull some of the foundation off.

The packaging is beautiful but would have preferred a dropper. I find it is hard to control the pump. I almost always dispense too much. A little goes a long way.

And even though I love coconut scents I am not a fan of this. It has a heavy vanilla/cinnamon note to it. At first when you pump the product it smells like coconuts but it definitely settles into a deeper scent.

The color is a beige golden color. There is some sparkle/glitter when the light hits it a certain way but for the most part I feel like it gives a nice gleam. You get soo much product so I think the price is okay. If you like the texture and color, I think it is worth it because you get so much product.
Isabella G.
Isabella G.
h my God! Influenster Send me this product to test it and give an opinion about it, the truth is that I just opened the box gave me impression, has an incredible presentation this product when I opened it in the box I found a sheet with the rest of products of this line that at Just like this I would love to try, but let's talk about this product, just put it in my hand to see it gave me an incredible shine, you have to wait a little so it will dry and not traspase but rest is amazing, I love it and I recommend it, thank you very much for the opportunity

¡Oh Dios mío! Influenster Me envío este producto para probarlo y dar una opinión al respecto, la verdad es que acabo de abrir la caja me dio impresión, tiene una presentación increíble este producto cuando lo abrí en la caja encontré una hoja con el resto de productos De esta línea que me encantaría probar, pero vamos a hablar de este producto, sólo lo puse en mi mano para ver que me dio un brillo increíble, hay que esperar un poco para que se seque y para que no se traspase, pero El brillo es increíble, me encanta y lo recomiendo, muchas gracias por la oportunidad
Nhat H.
Nhat H.
Sugar land, TX
This little bottle is AMAZINGGGG. I have not tried mixing it in with my foundation because I use powder foundation on a regular basis, but it layers over my powder foundation as a highlight BEAUTIFULLY. It only took a little tiny drop to give me a really nice luminous glow, so I know this will last me a very long time. As for the scent, I did not find the coconut scent to be very noticeable (especially because I used so little product), so it is not overwhelmingly coconutty at all for those who are weary of scented products.
The frosty glass looks and feels so luxurious. The white cap blends in beautifully with my decor. I love how everything about this product feel very sturdy and expensive.
The ONLY con I can possibly think of is the price, but after using this, I'm convinced that it is well worth your money. As a thrifty shopper, I don't say that too often about high end products, but believe me, try this out and you'll be hooooked.
I'm beyond blessed to have received this product for free from Influenster and Marc Jacobs Beauty to test out and give my honest opinion. If I had not received this for free, I would've bought it as a present for myself for a special occasion. :)
****
Image is from my Instagram @Mickeysbby
Marisa C.
Marisa C.
I received this product from Influenster and a Marc jacobs beauty for free for testing purposes. I have dry/normal skin and some days I have some flakiness on the side of my nose. Now, if your question is to try this? My answer is YES!!!! If you have the opportunity to try it, buy it, save your receipt just in case you may wanna return it!
This product is a pretty universal product, you can use it on your bare skin for a bunch of hydration, mix it with your primer or even foundation or simply as a liquid highlight. I personally like it with my foundation cause it for sure keeps my face hydrated. You can feel the hydration on your skin, it doesn't feel like there's a heavy product but you definitely feel the hydration. I also used it as a base for my regular highlight for a extra glow.
On my YouTube channel I have a more in depth demo on this product! Influenster isn't allowing my to upload my swatch picture for this review :( so if you wanna see those check my YouTube out or my blog www.glamwithrisa.com Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter
Markelle R.
Markelle R.
I received this product for free from influencer to review and let me just say wow. This highlighter is stunning, beautiful champagne color, easy to blend, lightweight, creamy/smooth, versatile and smells fantastic. I have combination skin and hearing that this was a gel made me nervous that it would either make me more oily or alter my products that I normally use, this didn't do that, it was so creamy almost like a lotion and not at all oily but felt very nice and hydrating! I did a light swatch of the Marc Jacobs dew drops (left) in comparison to the cover fx enhancer drops (right) you can see how finally milled the dew drops because there is not even a trace of glitter compared to the cover fx ones. I love a good highlight and this did the job, it can either be natural and more of a glow from within look or built up to be a more blinding highlight. Highly recommend it and will purchase if I ever run out (comes in a large bottle/lots of product)
Julia Z.
Julia Z.
Tucson, AZ
I am in LOVE with this highlighter for summer! It is the most versatile colored highlight I have ever tried! At first I thought it was going to be too dark for me (I'm super pale!) and that it was more geared toward darker complexions however when I tried it, omg it just melted into my skin and gave it the most gorgeous glow! So it literally will flatter any skin color!

My skin is very acne prone and super sensitive so that is another thing I always have to watch out for. This stuff did not break me out one bit! I even mixed it in my foundation for an extra dewy look and had no problems!

The smell is AMAZING!!!!!!! If you have not smelled this yet, next time you are in Sephora, look to see if they have a sample one for you to smell! It's a delicious light coconut smell (not too strong though), and as crazy as this sounds I also catch a wiff of what Playdough smells like! I happen to LOVE the smell of Playdough ever since I was little so every time I use it the smell is so nostalgic!

Last thing, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! I'm always a sucker for Marc Jacobs Beauty's packaging but the glass bottle with the clean white cap looks so nice on my vanity!!

Alena B.
Alena B.
Is it easy to blend out?
Gina G.
Gina G.
What are some of the ways to use this product besides putting it on your face?
Rachel s.
Rachel s.
I've seen many people who received this from influenster and I was wondering if anyone could tell my if this is worth the price?
Do you guys think the Marc Jacobs Dew Drops are worth it?Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter
Araa Q.