MapMyFitness Run with Map My Run uploaded by Sheiley R.

BY MAPMYFITNESS #99 in Apps

Winner: Best Running App 2012 Reader's Choice at About.com. Built to help runners, joggers, and walkers of all ability levels and ages. Easily track pace, distance, calories, time with audio alerts and much more! “The best part of my run—the MapMyRun app. I’m in love with this thing… With MapMyRun, all you do is press Start when you begin your work out, and it calculates your route, mileage, minutes per mile and calories burned.” - @plankpilates Track running, cycling, and over 600 types of other activities with: ⊕ Pace ⊕ GPS Route Mapping ⊕ Distance ⊕ Route navigation ⊕ Calorie counting ⊕ Elevation profile ⊕ Nutrition, food, diet, and weight tracking ⊕ Real-time Stats (avg, min, max) during workout ⊕ Voice prompts that give you updates on your progress as you go! ⊕ Sync with heart rate, speed, cadence and power sensors from CycleOps, Wahoo, Polar, Garmin and others (Bluetooth Smart™ and ANT+™). Works with Magellan Echo smart sports watch. ⊕ Compete on local Courses: receive automatic achievements and overall rank on Leaderboards for popular local runs and rides. ⊕ Tracks in the background so you can listen to music, take calls, and use any other feature of your phone, while still tracking Bragging (optional!): ⊕ Post your workouts to Facebook and Twitter, or keep every thing completely private Perfect training app for “couch to 5K”, all the way to elite marathoner, or even someone just looking for a weight loss, diet or calorie counting app. Great for training for 10K, half marathon, marathon, even 50k (battery life up to 8 hours of tracking on newer phones!). -- Great for tracking any of the following activities: running, cardio, cycling, jogging, walking, weight lifting, dog walking, cross country skiing, unicycling, downhill skiing, snowboarding, gym workouts, weight lifting, basketball, soccer, hockey, yard work, yoga, p90x, crossfit, insanity, interval training, hill runs, rock climing, hiking, mountain biking, road cycling, dance, inline skating, barbell curls, cross training, spinning, roller skating, endurance training, kayaking, horseback riding, rowing machine, elliptical, resistance, commuting, skateboarding, rollerblading, stairs, abs, sprints, golf, lap swimming, open water swimming, triathalon, track & field, group runs, treadmill, stairmaster, weight machines , trail runs, cross country running, and any outdoor activity -- NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Be sure to visit us at www.MapMyRun.com for the full experience. GET MVP FOR PREMIUM FEATURES Gain access to exclusive features with MVP from just USD 2.50 monthly. ⊕ Reach your fitness goals with personal training plans ⊕ Route Genius gives you route recommendations for any distance, starting from your current location ⊕ Customized audio coaching tells you real-time workout details as you move ⊕ Share your real-time location with family and friends using Live Tracking ⊕ Analyze heart rate data for every workout (requires compatible HR monitor) ⊕ Enjoy an ad-free experience Should you choose to upgrade to MVP, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year or USD 2.50 per month. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing. Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period can not be cancelled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a subscription to MVP. Find the full terms and conditions, and our privacy policy, at http://www.mapmyrun.com/terms_of_use and http://about.mapmyfitness.com/about/user-privacy-policy/ respectively. see more...

• Does this app eat up a lot of data and is constantly runn...2 Answers
  • Do you use it personally or have you networked with other...3 Answers
  • How many people out here use this app?? 16 Answers
Crystal N.
Big Spring
My favorite running app!! I have tried many. Correctly portrays my running distance, elevation, time, pace and splits, calories burned, everything!! It’s always been reliable for me unless I’m in a super weird location with no service. I have used it in Kauai, Florida, Texas, and Oklahoma:) I like that everytime you hit a mile it lets you know you’re pace and time.
Sarah H.
Lake St Louis, MO
Love using this app when I’m taking my workout outdoors. It’s amazing that it tracks where you went and includes: distance, pace, split pace, and calories burnt. Thankful it connects to my music available as well. This is an app with everything you need right at your fingertips for FREE.
Laura T.
Altoona, PA
I thoroughly enjoy the Mapmy... apps. You can change the exercise inside the app, so you don’t always have to run to have a tracked workout. They send you daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to track statistics. The apps also sync seamlessly with other programs. They do sometimes quit with no reasoning.
Nina L.
Atlanta, GA
I used this app to map new jogging routes so that I can redo the same exercise again. The gps locator is very accurate and I use the calories burned tracker to update my progress. It’s a great app for people who want to increase their endurance!
Kaila D.
Oakland , CA
Techie Expert Level 1
This is the first running app I ever used. I think it does a good job with mapping out your run and real-time data. There are some kinks in it but it’s great on both Apple and Android platforms. Free version is great!
Alex G.
Grand Haven, MI
This is a great app! I recently completed walking a marathon and has this was very helpful for tracking my training. You can turn it on when you start your walk or run and it will track distance, pace, route, etc. It does use data when you don't have wifi so that is something to be aware of, but I love it and it's a free app!
Molly H.
Suwanee, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
I absolutely love this app! It's great for tracking your runs/walks/hikes. It tracks a GPS map of your workout, as well as overall time and time per mile. It also tracks your playlist from your workout as well as calories burned. You can connect this to fitness trackers (Fitbits, Apple Watch) but I don't and it's still great. You can set personal goals and there are challenges which help me stay motivated!
Melanie O.
Palmdale, CA
This has been my favorite running app for the past few years. My only gripe is that they made some of the free content unavailable a couple of years ago and now you have to get the paid version to use them. I did end up signing up for the subscription so that I could use the guided intervals and the integrated feedback. I do recommend the app for beginners and avid runners.
Suzi B.
Atlanta, GA
I started using the free Map My Run app recently for runs and bike rides and am quite impressed with all of the features it has to offer. Don’t let the name fool you, this app is not just for runners. In addition to running, this app can track hundreds of activities including cycling, hiking, swimming, kayaking and dog walking. Yes, dog walking. The app has GPS built in and tracks your calories burned, mileage, pace, average mph and split pace between miles. There is also a route mapping feature that is pretty neat because in addition to showing you mileage, it also displays elevation which can be quite useful if you are unfamiliar with the area you are running. Once you have completed a workout, the app gives you the option to share your workout results to Twitter and or Facebook for bragging rights. Another feature the app offers, one that I have not tried yet, is a food log to help you keep track of what your are eating. This is a pretty solid app, and I highly recommend giving it a try if you are in search of an activity tracker.
Adele L.
Yuma, AZ
Techie Expert Level 1
I LOVE this app. I am not only able to record my runs but i have registered to the website to see others around me. From Running to Biking you can see the routes others in your area take. I paid $4.99 for the full app. Amazing motivation builder.
Nick W.
Kenosha, WI
How many people out here use this app??
Courtney P.
Do you use it personally or have you networked with other people too and made a group?
Donna M.
Perry Hall, MD
Does this app eat up a lot of data and is constantly running? Is it accurate? Thank you!
Jennifer M.
Annapolis, MO
Techie Expert Level 1
How good does this app work?