BY MANIC PANIC #5 in Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Manic Panic Hair Color is a ready-to-use, semi-permanent, cream hair color that delivers, the most vibrant, brightest, not to mention punkiest hair color on the planet. A guaranteed vegan product. If you're ready to make a serious commitment (a four to six week commitment) to having fabulously colorful hair, then Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Color Cream is for you. Experienced "dyehards" have said that nothing works like Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream. Manic Panic uses superior ingredients that are guaranteed vegan and contains no animal ingredients. Fortified with a herbal and protein complex Manic Panic is tested on celebrities not animals. Not recommended for people with 10% or more white hair.

Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream
  • "Manic panic is always my go to hair dye, I tend to mix it with white hair masks to make a pastel color after bleaching my hair because you can leave it in as long as you want and my hair doesn't feel like it's been damaged at all" in 2 reviews
  • "We tried it just to make sure it washes out completely while still providing a vibrant color when applied....check to both and the price is right too (dependent on retailer)." in 1 review
  • "Makes my dark brown hair (the parts not meant to be blue) appear to be VERY dark blue." in 1 review
  • "I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a fun new twist without all the harshness of most hair dyes out there ." in 1 review
  • "I have dark brown hair and it still shows and lasts for a long time!" in 1 review
Larissa W.
Review for: Voodoo Blue more...
I’ve used Purple Haze and Voodoo Blue on my own hair and Atomic Turquoise on my daughters hair.... Love that it’s vegan and doesn’t damage hair.
I had a faded brownish red color -not blind by any means- and did NOT bleach it when I used both colors on myself. (Example of Voodoo Blue pictured, I don’t do my roots so you can see how dark my hair is and how well it covered) I just applied it, wrapped it and let it sit on my head for a few hours while I did stuff around the house. Since it’s vegan and not damaging you can leave it as long as you’d like... And the longer you let it sit the more it will absorb and brighter/darker it will leave your hair. It only lasts about a month to two months depending on how often you wash your hair. For retouched I would mix the Color with conditioner and out it on when I was on the shower, let it sit the whole time I showered, rinsed and it would give it a pop of color back. It’s best to just reapply every month to two months depending on your fade though. It won’t damage your hair so go ahead and refresh as needed. The first time I did Voodoo Blue I did it again a week later and it covered my hair like I was naturally growing teal hair and stayed for several months. Highly recommend this product.
Mariah M.
Review for: Ultra Violet, Wildfire, Fuschia Shock, Pillarbox Red, Green Envy, Cotton Candy, Voodoo Blue, Siren's Song, Atomic Turquoise, Venus Envy, Bad Boy Blue more...
This is beautiful at first application!!!... BUT after the first wash its almost completely faded.... and that’s with EVERY color I have tried and that is several. It is easy to re touch with the same color and it isn’t too bad for the hair... because you are only depositing color... but it is a pain to re touch every few washes. And even once it is faded it’s awful to try and color over it. It shines through even dark brown. I used this several years ago and some places still have a tint of color in the right lighting or sun light. Same thing happened to my mother and friends. Also you have to get your hair very light blonde for them to show up... but that is with any bright or light colors. And if you’re a blonde and try to go back blonde it’s almost impossible to lift the color out completely it just turns funny looking colors.
Rachel W.
San Diego, CA
I regularly use Pillarbox red and Vampire red to keep my red hair vibrant and bright. It's the only brand I've consistently used, even through trying other brands by recommendations from friends or social media ads. I even gave in to the Arctic Fox hype on Instagram and was very disappointed. It worked poorly compared to Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream for my hair. It also lasts a while, I haven't colored my hair for a month and look how vibrant it still is! MP for life!! :)
Kayla S.
Review for: Siren's Song, Cotton Candy more...
It's pretty good for a semi permanent hair color. When I used it I always had the color bleed in the shower and sometimes on to clothes which got annoying. It faded a lot but not completely so the blue would turn green and wouldn't wash out more than that. I've yet to find a fantasy color dye that doesn't have the same issues the manic panic dyes do but a lot of the other dyes are cheaper and you get more product. Overall, I'd say to do some research on and use a competitor product instead.
April A.
Newport News
Review for: Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream, Purple Haze, Other more...
I was disappointed in Manic Panic Pillarbox Red. It showed up very pink on my bleached hair. I was hoping for a very cherry like red. It was not at all what the swatched promised. Even after going back and reapplying it later. I never got out of the pink stage. I ended up going back and adding a darker Manic Panic red, Vampire Red, and still never achieved the shade of red I had hoped for.

Another time I dyed my hair with Manic Panic Purple Haze and it washed out so quickly. Yet another disappointing color from Manic panic. The purple was much better than the red above.

I currently have Manic Panic After Midnight Blue on my hair. While I expected it to be a much darker blue when I first applied it (to my bleached hair and let it sit for 5 hrs) it turned out a nice shade of blue and so far the color is fading nicely. I have plenty to re-dye my hair (as always -- a little goes a long way with manic panic -- one good thing about those little containers).
Brittany C.
Pasadena, TX
I am in love with everything Manic Panic. My favorite way to use this is right after lightening my hair I will usually treat it with some kind of leave-in conditioner and then the next day I will have the Manic Panic color in my hair for at least 12 hours with usually some sort of covering on my head and I'll try to apply heat for at least an hour if possible. I find that really helps it stick to the cuticle
Courtney O.
Nashville, TN
I have used Manic Panic for many years. I enjoy the fact that MP is 100% vegan and not tested on animals. However it is safe to use on our pets. I had a lady for would groom dogs and use MP to color the dogs hair and it was super cute. Overall its well worth the price and the color that you can get out of one use.
Sara R.
Anacortes, WA
Review for: Cotton Candy Pink more...
I have been using manic panic for about 15 years. I mix the color in with some conditioner and use it as a conditioning treatment, this is great for reviving color or achieving a lighter, softer version of the color you’ve chosen. There is no better than this.

Cotton Candy Pink Manic Panic 4 Oz Hair Dye
Amelia B.
Review for: Siren's Song more...
I know a lot of people love this stuff, but every color I have tried has never stuck very long, if at all. It's great for staining skin, but not so much the hair. It's one of the higher priced, mainstream demi/semi permanent colors on the market, and also one of the most popular, but I really just don't like it. Even with freshly bleached hair, it's never lasted long for me. I should mention that I've been dying my hair for 20 years now and have learned a lot as far as tips and tricks for how to keep colors vibrant for longer periods of time.

Honestly, I would skip this stuff and try one of the cheaper options (I personally love splat colors, some of the pravanas and a couple spark colors.) The best has always been SFX, in my opinion, but it's not easy to find anymore.
Amanda, R.
Tarawa Terrace, NC
I have used Manic Panic Ultra Violet to tone my hair when I have too much brass in my hair, I add it to conditioner to tone down the purple & control the shade of gray/purple I get from it. This is the only color system I have use. The product last for a long time a little goes a long way.
Miranda C.
Richmond, BC
Whats your favorite colour from the manic panic line?
Kristine A.
How long has your color lasted before you had to recolor?
Brittany B.
How long does this dye stay bright/vibrant in your hair?
Jessica D.
Jacksonville, FL
What stores sell this product?
Lindsay B.
Will this work on sandy blondes/light brown hair?