Manic Panic High Voltage® Classic Cream Formula Hair ColorInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY MANIC PANIC #2 in Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Manic Panic Hair Color is a ready-to-use, semi-permanent, cream hair color that delivers, the most vibrant, brightest, not to mention punkiest hair color on the planet. A guaranteed vegan product. If you're ready to make a serious commitment (a four to six week commitment) to having fabulously colorful hair, then Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Color Cream is for you. Experienced "dyehards" have said that nothing works like Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream. Manic Panic uses superior ingredients that are guaranteed vegan and contains no animal ingredients. Fortified with a herbal and protein complex Manic Panic is tested on celebrities not animals. Not recommended for people with 10% or more white hair.

• Dos this work well?4 Answers
  • Has anyone used the cotton candy over yellow, brassy hair...1 Answers
  • Which would you choose, Manic panic or ion color brilliance?8 Answers
Manic Panic High Voltage® Classic Cream Formula Hair Color
  • "Manic panic is always my go to hair dye, I tend to mix it with white hair masks to make a pastel color after bleaching my hair because you can leave it in as long as you want and my hair doesn't feel like it's been damaged at all" in 2 reviews
  • "great hair dye product, it doesn't fade as quickly as other blue's i've used in my hair and is easy to apply " in 1 review
  • "I have dark brown hair and it still shows and lasts for a long time!" in 1 review
  • "I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a fun new twist without all the harshness of most hair dyes out there ." in 1 review
  • "We tried it just to make sure it washes out completely while still providing a vibrant color when applied....check to both and the price is right too (dependent on retailer)." in 1 review
Maya H.
Mesa, AZ
Review for: Mermiad more...
If you want a rich, vibrant purple, Manic Panic Ultra Violet will do the trick. I have tried many other brands (Directions Violet, One and Only Pure Purple, Ion Lavender, to name a few..) but almost all of them were too pink for me and wouldn't stick well to my roots. I'd end up with orange roots, pink under the roots, then like a dark fuschia (not purple!) everywhere else. Also I have used Manic Panic Ultra Violet on my natural unbleached medium brown hair in the past and it STILL turned out vibrant and awesome. However, if you DO use it on natural, darker hair, make sure you comb it through well, then apply heat for at least 10 minutes. Then put a bag or plastic cap on and let it sit for at least an hour. Otherwise it won't show up well and wash out fast. If your hair is bleached or lightened in any way, don't use the heat. Just let it sit on your hair for at least an hour.
Kathleen D.
Santa Clara, CA
Purchased at: Amazon
Review for: Deep Purple Dream more...
Used this for my Psylocke Costume for Halloween (10/26) and this lasted me for honestly a good whole month!

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preshampooed hair.
- Then mixed this with conditioner and left in hair for ~30 minutes.
- Washed out and watched the purple river trail ~

So cheap, and it lasts a long time! I love the fade it gave my pre-lightened babylights! My hair definitely gets brassy and yellow, so this was so fun to have in my hair for the few weeks and then watched it fade to that ashhhh!

Tips:
- If you want it to fade out faster, just wash with hot water (I know hot water is not the best for your hair, but just a strategy to get the dye out)
- Buy on Amazon !

First photo:
- Right after applying manic panic in my hair

Second photo:
- One month later, helllllo ash!
Samantha O.
san antonio, TX
Review for: Mystic Heather more...
I wasn't blown away but I wasn't completely disappointed either. I've done my hair all kinds of colors and tried various brand, but this was first time using Manic Panic. I read review on here and watched video reviews online and everyone raved about it so I thought why not? I will say that it took to my hair really nice and I loved that it left my hair feeling super soft and not damaged at all. I got tons of complements on the color and I was really happy with it. The thing that left me disappointed was that after a week it had almost washed out completely, even though the jar says it should last 4-6 weeks, and that's with my only washing my hair every 2-3 days. When I used to used the color jamz the color would last so much longer. I'd say this is definitely the route to go if you want to see how a color is going to look or you don't want to keep it long at all, but seeing as I like to keep the color for longer than a week I probably won't by this brand again unless I want to see how a color is going to look on me.
Mariah M.
Review for: Mystic Heather, Wildfire, Fuschia Shock, Pillarbox Red, Green Envy, Virgin Snow, Voodoo Blue, Siren's Song, Atomic Turquoise, Venus Envy, Bad Boy Blue more...
This is beautiful at first application!!!... BUT after the first wash its almost completely faded.... and that’s with EVERY color I have tried and that is several. It is easy to re touch with the same color and it isn’t too bad for the hair... because you are only depositing color... but it is a pain to re touch every few washes. And even once it is faded it’s awful to try and color over it. It shines through even dark brown. I used this several years ago and some places still have a tint of color in the right lighting or sun light. Same thing happened to my mother and friends. Also you have to get your hair very light blonde for them to show up... but that is with any bright or light colors. And if you’re a blonde and try to go back blonde it’s almost impossible to lift the color out completely it just turns funny looking colors.
Rachel W.
San Diego, CA
I regularly use Pillarbox red and Vampire red to keep my red hair vibrant and bright. It's the only brand I've consistently used, even through trying other brands by recommendations from friends or social media ads. I even gave in to the Arctic Fox hype on Instagram and was very disappointed. It worked poorly compared to Manic Panic High Voltage® Classic Cream Formula Hair Color for my hair. It also lasts a while, I haven't colored my hair for a month and look how vibrant it still is! MP for life!! :)
Mariah M.
This is beautiful at first application!!!... BUT after the first wash its almost completely faded.... and looks awful!! And even once it is faded it’s awful to try and color over it. It shines through even dark brown I have spots that still have a red tint!! And if you try to go back blonde it’s almost impossible... it turns pink. I used this several years ago and some places still have a tint of color in the right lighting or sun light. Also you have to get your hair very light blonde for them to show up the way the color looks in the pot. If you put it over light brown it just turns a red/auburn type of color.. but still pretty. I know these are semi permanent but they only last a few washes if that.
Larissa W.
Kearney, MO
Review for: Voodoo Blue more...
I’ve used Purple Haze and Voodoo Blue on my own hair and Atomic Turquoise on my daughters hair.... Love that it’s vegan and doesn’t damage hair.
I had a faded brownish red color -not blind by any means- and did NOT bleach it when I used both colors on myself. (Example of Voodoo Blue pictured, I don’t do my roots so you can see how dark my hair is and how well it covered) I just applied it, wrapped it and let it sit on my head for a few hours while I did stuff around the house. Since it’s vegan and not damaging you can leave it as long as you’d like... And the longer you let it sit the more it will absorb and brighter/darker it will leave your hair. It only lasts about a month to two months depending on how often you wash your hair. For retouched I would mix the Color with conditioner and out it on when I was on the shower, let it sit the whole time I showered, rinsed and it would give it a pop of color back. It’s best to just reapply every month to two months depending on your fade though. It won’t damage your hair so go ahead and refresh as needed. The first time I did Voodoo Blue I did it again a week later and it covered my hair like I was naturally growing teal hair and stayed for several months. Highly recommend this product.
Ashley M.
S Salt Lake, UT
Review for: Rockabilly Blue more...
I mixed this color with a midnight blue black color to give my hair a more of a blue tint to it than black. It turned out really pretty violet blue and changed as it faded. This dye is very very pigmented i will definitely use again now that i am blonde for a pop of color! I will say it turned my shower blue lol my pillow also turned blue but for the pigmentation of this color i didnt mind it was beautiful even as it faded it turned a pretty turquoise color.
Haylee M.
Manic panic has always been my go-to hair color. It lasts for as long as you want it to. The more you wash it, the more it comes out. It's also extremely vibrant. My favorite thing is that it's chemical free and vegan! I like to put this in my hair, wrap it up with hair wrap, a bandana, and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning, I blow dry it because heat intensifies the color. Wash it and my hair is freaking SOFT!! My hair is kinda damaged due to all the bleaching but manic panic repairs my hair!
Nita S.
Boerne
I recently got blonde highlights in my curls for the first time, and panicked when the blonde started turning a bronze/orangey color within a few days. I seriously didn't know what to do until I came across a YouTuber who suggested using Manic Panic to down the orange to an ashy blonde. So, after doing some research, I rushed to my local Sally's Beauty Supply to pick up this product. I mixed a few drops of Manic Panic Ultra Violet with a few tablespoons of regular white conditioner from the drugstore, until the conditioner turned a medium-dark purple color. I applied it wet hair after shampooing and rinse it out. And Voila! I couldn't believe it actually worked, my curls that were looking pumpkin-orange reverted back to the ashy blonde in 3 washes! I highly recommend this product and a little bit goes a long way!
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Whats your favorite colour from the manic panic line?
Kristine A.
How long has your color lasted before you had to recolor?
Brittany B.
How long does this dye stay bright/vibrant in your hair?
Jessica D.
Jacksonville, FL
What stores sell this product?
Lindsay B.
Will this work on sandy blondes/light brown hair?