BY MANIC PANIC #11 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Before using any Manic Panic® Semi-Permanent Hair Color, pre-lighten your hair with Flash Lightning® Bleach to get the most intense color.
This kit comes complete with:
1 dust-free bleach powder
1 40-volume cream developer
1 mixing tub
1 tint brush
1 plastic cap
1 set of plastic gloves
and instructions for use.

1.3 oz of powder, 4 oz of developer

INSTRUCTIONS:
The MANIC PANIC®/FLASH LIGHTNING® bleach kit was designed for pre-lightening hair before using MANIC PANIC® vegan semi-permanent hair colors. Everything you need to lighten your hair is in this kit. Please follow the instructions carefully. We strongly recommend doing a strand test prior to application. (Take one strand of hair and follow instructions.)

PREPARATIONS:
1. Wearing the enclosed gloves, open the bleach plastic bag. Avoid inhaling powder.
2. Empty the full contents of the bleach powder into the plastic tub provided .
3. Add the full contents of the developer to the bleach powder in the plastic tub. Using the provided brush, blend until all the powder is completely dissolved with no lumps. Mix and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Let stand one minute. The mixture will thicken.
4. Apply the mixture to the hair avoiding direct contact with the scalp.
It is important to use all the developer and mix using only the brush provided. Do not use any metal instruments.
APPLICATION:
Hair should be dry and unwashed. Using the provided brush, apply the bleach mixture evenly to hair you wish bleached. All strands should be saturated using the brush or gloved fingers to spread the mixture evenly. You may mask hair you don’t wish to bleach by using a highlight cap or foil.

DEVELOPING:
Use of enclosed plastic cap is recommended through the developing process. The length of the timing depends on the color and condition of the hair. Check hair at regular intervals during the development process as timing varies according to the degree of desired lightening. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift. To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Do not over-bleach.

REMOVAL:
When desired shade is reached, take off the cap and throw away. Shampoo hair thoroughly several times. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.

Strand Test:
Highlighting and bleaching results depend on the color and condition of the hair. A strand test is recommended to give you a better idea about the end results and to avoid any complications with the actual process. Put on the plastic gloves and prepare the strand test mixture in the plastic bowl provided:
1. Open the Flash Lightning® bleach powder bag and mix one part powder to three parts developer. Mix well using the tint brush provided in the kit.
2. Your hair should be clean and dry. Comb to remove any tangles. Pull one strand of hair from behind your ear to perform the strand test.
3. Apply the mixture to the hair test strand avoiding direct contact with the scalp, making sure the test strand does not touch the rest of your hair.
4. Check hair at regular intervals during the development process as timing varies according to the degree of desired lightening.
5. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift. To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue.
6. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Do not over-bleach.
7. When desired shade is reached, shampoo hair thoroughly several times. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.
8. Discard any leftover mixture. Thoroughly rinse and dry the mixing bowl prior to actual application.

Nail Polish and Bleach can only be shipped within the 48 States of the Continental USA and CANNOT be shipped to PO Boxes.. Ground shipping only.

• My hair is a bit below my collar bone (16 to 18 inches lo...1 Answers
  • Will this kill your hair like most bleach kits?1 Answers
  • When I used this is dried out my hair bad I have died hai...1 Answers
Manic Panic Flash Lightning® Bleach Kit - 40 Volume Cream Developer
  • "I have very delicate hair and so my hair takes about 20 minutes to reach bleach blond from a very dark brown but this bleach took a a little over 30 minutes to reach a gold color." in 5 reviews
Michelle T.
Dayton, NJ
I have SUPER DUPER DARK black hair and even at a salon it takes an arm and a leg to lighten my hair. This is my first time using a bleaching kit on myself and it wasn't bad! Just not a lot of product for what it costs. (If you take the time to do your research you can easily buy everything in this kit at a beauty supply store for less $ and more products!) You're really paying for the convenience. (I purchased mine at Ulta when they have BOGO 50% off). I have a lot of hair and it's slightly below-shoulder length. One box of this definitely did NOT have enough product to saturate all my hair. (ended up with a highlighted look?!) HIGHLY recommend getting 2nd box as backup. Application wise it's pretty easy and not messy! (I wore a trash back as cover, which can be ripped off easily before hopping into the shower). Apply to small strands of hair to make sure everything is saturated. It took about 40 minutes for my hair to turn from jet black to a medium brown. (Make sure to do a strand test!) It stings/itches a little when it got onto the skin but goes away when I wipe it off. I didn't experience any further irritation. Overall the kit makes it very easy.
Megan T.
Glendale, AZ
I've used this twice now, this second time on hair that had been dyed months previously. Not sure that made a difference, but my hair is notably more mid-golden towards the ends and only really well-bleached on my root area. I did it to throw pink on top, so it's fine.

It's a cheap, well-rounded kit that sure feels like bleach on your hair. Would probably use again.
Kamille R.
milwaukee
Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit 40 Volume. Is okay if you are looking for something cheap and quick instead of going to the salon. They provide you with the gloves bleach bowl and brush in the box which is a plus the directions are very helpful. If it is your first time doing bleach this is a good kit to get. Just make sure that you have some type of moisturizer to help the dry ends brought with the bleaching process
Alexandria A.
New York
This bleach will get the job done! The only reason I didn’t give Manic Panic Flash Lightning Hair Bleach Kit 40 Volume. 5 stars is because it does seem too leave my hair more dry then other bleaches. Maybe it’s due too the fact that in a matter of minutes it lightens hair. I would recommend not adding heat while it’s bleaching cause it does lighten fast and it will burn your hair
Lily M.
This is a good product smells not good at all colored as expected but left my hair extremely damaged more than it has ever been I do recommend this if you’re trying to get color out of your hair or getting prepared to die your hair a different color
Janae U.
Fresno, CA
The first time I bleached my hair, I used this. And I thought it would be like all the other brands, maybe lighten it to an orange color or enough for me to pop some color at the ends. This straight up turned my hair yellow. My curls fought so hard to keep their shape. I was not prepared. But I loved it. I loved how fast it took me to blonde and I loved the color. And I nourished my curls back into shape. So it was a win win. Just know that this really works
Eduarda J.
Best boxed bleach on the market! i hear it's comparable to Bleach London, but we don't have that in America. This stuff really gives you that Peroxide-white blonde, when used with the Wella T18 toner. the MP toner didn't do squat, but this bleach is a staple for quick results!
Deanna J.
Pleasanton, CA
This was really hard to work with and if you have lots of hair then you’ll have to buy 2-4 kits if you want to bleach your whole head. I wouldn’t recommend because this damaged my hair badly and came out uneven. My hair was so damaged I had to get my hair done professionally because it was that bad.
Brittany L.
Don't use this product unless you're natural dark dark brown or black I used this on precious colored hair ( this was many moons ago I'm smarter now) and it burnt my hair to a crisp I had to cut so much of my hair off
Carolyn D.
N Arlington, NJ
Works quickly and is greatly accelerated by heat. By the time I was done applying it to hip length hair it was a fourth of the way to the shade I wanted. Used on both virgin hair and previously bleached(year) hair.
Gina C.
Emmaus, PA
My hair is a bit below my collar bone (16 to 18 inches long) how many boxes of the bleach should I get to cover all of my hair?
Teresa L.
When I used this is dried out my hair bad I have died hair for years and never has it felt this bad I wont ever use this brand again
Krystle C.
Manchester, NH
Will this kill your hair like most bleach kits?

back