BY MANIC PANIC #27 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Before using any Manic Panic® Semi-Permanent Hair Color, pre-lighten your hair with Flash Lightning® Bleach to get the most intense color.
This kit comes complete with:
1 dust-free bleach powder
1 30-volume cream developer
1 mixing tub
1 tint brush
1 plastic cap
1 set of plastic gloves
and instructions for use.

INSTRUCTIONS:
The MANIC PANIC® FLASH LIGHTNING® bleach kit was designed for pre-lightening hair before using MANIC PANIC® vegan semi-permanent hair colors. Everything you need to lighten your hair is in this kit. Please follow the instructions carefully. We strongly recommend doing a strand test prior to application. (Take one strand of hair and follow instructions.)
PREPARATIONS:
1. Wearing the enclosed gloves, open the bleach plastic bag. Avoid inhaling powder.
2. Empty the full contents of the bleach powder into the plastic tub provided .
3. Add the full contents of the developer to the bleach powder in the plastic tub. Using the provided brush, blend until all the powder is completely dissolved with no lumps. Mix and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Let stand one minute. The mixture will thicken.
4. Apply the mixture to the hair avoiding direct contact with the scalp.
It is important to use all the developer and mix using only the brush provided. Do not use any metal instruments.
APPLICATION:
Hair should be dry and unwashed. Using the provided brush, apply the bleach mixture evenly to hair you wish bleached. All strands should be saturated using the brush or gloved fingers to spread the mixture evenly. You may mask hair you don’t wish to bleach by using a highlight cap or foil.
DEVELOPING:
Use of enclosed plastic cap is recommended through the developing process. The length of the timing depends on the color and condition of the hair. Check hair at regular intervals during the development process as timing varies according to the degree of desired lightening. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift. To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Do not over-bleach.
REMOVAL:
When desired shade is reached, take off the cap and throw away. Shampoo hair thoroughly several times. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.

STRAND TEST:
Highlighting and bleaching results depend on the color and condition of the hair. A strand test is recommended to give you a better idea about the end results and to avoid any complications with the actual process. Put on the plastic gloves and prepare the strand test mixture in the plastic bowl provided:
1. Open the Flash Lightning® bleach powder bag and mix one part powder to three parts developer. Mix well using the tint brush provided in the kit.
2. Your hair should be clean and dry. Comb to remove any tangles. Pull one strand of hair from behind your ear to perform the strand test.
3. Apply the mixture to the hair test strand avoiding direct contact with the scalp, making sure the test strand does not touch the rest of your hair.
4. Check hair at regular intervals during the development process as timing varies according to the degree of desired lightening.
5. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift. To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue.
6. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Do not over-bleach.
7. When desired shade is reached, shampoo hair thoroughly several times. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.
8. Discard any leftover mixture. Thoroughly rinse and dry the mixing bowl prior to actual application.

Nail Polish and Bleach can only be shipped within the 48 States of the Continental USA and CANNOT be shipped to PO Boxes. Ground shipping only.

Manic Panic Flash Lightning® Bleach Kit - 30 Volume Cream Developer
  • "It made my eyes water and it turned my dark, dark brown hair a tweety bird yellow (which was fine since dyed it pink afterwads but still)." in 1 review
  • "User friendly but I always use with a friend putting it in for the right look." in 1 review
  • "At the time I did this my hair was a dark brown almost black color with reddish undertones so after I took this stuff out(once again waiting nearly two hrs) my hair was orange." in 1 review
Aishya P.
It’s ok. It didn’t lighten my hair as much as I wanted it to. My hair was still yellowy and brassy. I prefer the 40 vol one over this one but I still recommend the splat bleach over them all because it’s cheaper and I think it works better
Rachel L.
Olustee, OK
I seriously don't understand why people don't like this!! I love this stuff! I recently decided I wanted light pink and blue streaks in my hair so I stopped by Sally beauty supply store to grab some bleach and they didn't have my bleach that I normally get (beyond the zone whiteout bleach kit) so I grabbed this stuff(I have a thing for kits so I don't have to buy a ton of different stuff) I only used about 1/4 of the bleach and I mixed probably a little over 1/4 of the bottle of the developer! I then slathered this stuff onto the pieces of my hair that I wanted bleached, rolled it up in foils, and stuck my hair in a cap and waited for nearly two hrs! (I know you're probably thinking omg two hours really?!!) but after taking it out my hair wasn't damaged at all! I swear I'm being honest here! It felt exactly as it did before I bleached it!! And during the waiting time because I had it in foils and a cap the bleach stayed moist and didn't dry out! Also about a week later I decide I didn't like the pink and blue because they faded to an ugly color I hated! I decided I wanted to go fully platinum(lucky me I bought two packs cause I didn't know exactly how much I would need. Plus I had the other 3/4 of the first box left) so I went to work on my whole head! At the time I did this my hair was a dark brown almost black color with reddish undertones so after I took this stuff out(once again waiting nearly two hrs) my hair was orange. It wasn't super super orange but it was orange(which I expected) and the newly bleached parts were once again seemingly undamaged! And the previously bleached part was only very very slightly dry and even even less fried! I was so amazed! Needles to say this is my new favorite bleach! Sadly they didn't have this bleach when I was ready to bleach the orange out of my hair so I had to get a different bleach for that and I hated it!
Christain S.
Greensboro, NC
This all in one kit is super convenient, and has everything you need to lighten or bleach your hair. My hair is short, and this lit was just enough for my hair- so if you have longer hair you will need more than one. I started with dark brown hair, and this lifted my hair 4 or more shades! You WILL HAVE TO TONE! This only lightens your hair, and you use a toner to get the right shade from here. Yes, your hair may be goldilocks level at first, but don't fret. After toning, it will look different (depends on what toner you use). Follow the instructions on the package EXACTLY. Bleach only develops for a short time, leaving it on longer will only damage your hair. Also, your roots develop faster, due to the heat from your scalp, so leave those for last during application. This was perfect for me, and didn't leave my hair brittle or crunchy- but I started with healthy hair that hasn't been color treated in years. Overall a great kit. I took one star away due to the amount of product.
Kendra W.
I used to work in a salon for 7 years before graduating college and have seen (and used) many other color brands. MP is BY FAR THE BEST!! Feel free to ask me questions, or contact me on my FB/Instagram page (custommadebykendra). It's easy to apply. Shampoo your hair the day before but never the day of, your hair must be completely dry, spread some MP on the hair wherever you want it, let it sit for the required amount of time (I usually keep heat on mine to make it go faster, and I wrap in foil), and then wash it out with a little shampoo and cold water!! I typically use conditioner too if I'm not putting color in for a couple days, but if you are coloring in the same day, try not to condition bc it's filling your strands with conditioner and won't allow the color to stick as well. VOILA DONE!! BTW I am not affiliated with MP at all, I just love the product, have people ask me about my hair all the time, and trust in it.
Donta U.
I saw this kit in Salles beauty supply.I was very hesitant to bleach my hair but I had used the manic panic before in the temporary color and I was pleased.I was happy to see the results I got from them hair bleach as well!pic attached.
Michelle C.
El Monte, CA
Smell isn't a problem when you got the windows open. My scalp tends to be on the stronger side, and I didn't apply TOO close to the root, so I had no problem with burning. Lifts my dark Asian hair to a nice banana yellow colour. Had some brassiness in patches but toner worked it right out. And for the price, it's pretty decent, if you're reaching for this product out of convenience. The container is reusable too!
Kaitlin G.
I love this stuff. It's organic so when you wash it out it doesn't feel like it's stripped your hair of moisture. It lightens my almost black hair to blond so I can put another manic panic on top. I suppose you could just leave the color, but I would tone it. It's meant to be used with the rest of the range. I've used it religiously for the past 2 years.
bianca l.
New Orleans, LA
Used back in the 90s so this product has been around for decades as has the brand. It has an odor as do all types of lightening products like this. I use vaseline around my scalp. User friendly but I always use with a friend putting it in for the right look.
Adriana M.
Winters, CA
Love manic panic and this kit is an amazing starter for coloring as a bleaching kit. Following the instructions correctly you'll get an amazing bleach hair light color
Melissia D.
Arbuckle , Ca
I've used it to do my all my hair and never had enough had to use another box my hair is thick but I keep it just below my ears and usually only need one bottle of hair dye so one box of bleach should work but its never enough
cna e.
Stockton, CA
I have been interested in trying out a hair bleaching product for a while now, but haven't come across any products that have caught my eye. I'm wondering if this product is drying? and will it leave my hair brittle?
Elizabeth R.
Ligonier, IN
Does this damage your hair bad?
Kristen P.
I want to go blonde at home. Has anyone used this or recommend something so I can go blonde at home? I don't even know what all I would really need beside the bleach and toner?? Thanks in advance for any info!
Nikki I.
Glendale, CA
Would this work on black hair ? And will it turn brown or blonde ? I just trimmed my hair also so will I have brittle ends or will I be good ?
Alaina M.
Clearfield, PA
I'm really wanting to experiment with pastel colors. How well does this work on already colored black hair? Would I have to use this product several times? What's the safest way not to blow out my shaft and fry it??