Manic Panic DYE HARD® Temporary Hair Color Styling Gels

This temporary hair color styling gel is perfect for those who want Color Without Commitment®. Apply in thick layers for spikes or a mohawk, or let it dry and then comb out gently for an effect similar to hair chalk. Our Dye Hard® hair gel will come right out as soon as you wash your hair. Neon colors glow under black light!
Available in an easy to use squeeze 1.66 oz. tube.

Has anyone done this with bleached hair and had it stain?
Does this hair dye last a long time?
Would love to try this i havent had any good results in permanent hair dye. so I wanna see how this turns out.
Start your review of Manic Panic DYE HARD® Temporary Hair Color Styling Gels!
Mooers, NY
This works great for a temporary color. It does take forever to get off of skin. So if you don't use gloves or you are messy with it you are in trouble. It doesn't seem to last that long and it takes forever to rinse it out clear when you first apply it. But it is very gentle on your hair and doesnt cause any damage. And it works so well that you don't have to worry about bleaching your hair for it to show up.
Saugus, MA
Manic Panic temporary styling gel offers vibrant color without the commitment of permanent hair dye. I use this hair gel in my son's hair, regularly, as he is always wanting to change his hair color. They're as easy to use as applying regular hair gel & wash right out in the shower. GREAT product
Manic panic is amazing. This can be mixed and dyed several different ways. It is also easy for home use for inexperienced everyday people who want to play with their hair. I just love everything in the brand.
Cayce, SC
Dayton, TX
Manic Panic DYE HARD® Temporary Hair Color Styling Gels uploaded by Sta'Cee W.
Works great over unbleached medium/dark hair and still lasts a while. I've used this color over my hair (years of various chemical treatments) and it doesn't damage it and comes out perfect. I use this on my daughter's natural medium/dark auburn hair to give her a color pop without damaging her natural color.. hugely versatile product and I definitely recommend .. the picture is my daughter's non~bleached, naturally thick, wavy hair after sleeping with the MP in her hair over night ..
Worcester, MA
I love these gels! They have a great hold and the color selection is totally great. The only thing that's sort of a bummer is, the color isn't as full coverage as I felt it would be. That said, it still provides a lovely shine, and the gold especially works nicely with my red hair. I would definitely buy again, especially to try another color (I've used the gold, silver, yellow, green, blue, and orange colored gels). The one thing I would caution is that if you have very light hair, they do warn it can cause staining, so be aware. I almost used it in my platinum hair once and I'm glad I read the warning first!
Holloman Air Force Base, NM
I like this product. I've tried a few styling gels, none with color until Manic Panic's dye hard hair color styling gel. I use a very small amount since my hair is short and I don't like for my hair to be hard or greasy and I want it to hold the style. Manic Panic works well, but I would almost prefer it without the color. You have to want to add a pop of color to your hair, or be matching an already existing color to the styling gel. The latter can pose problems.
Paradise valley
Manic panic colors can do no wrong in my opinion. They are easy to work with, super gentle, and most of all leaves your hair in BETTER condition, not worse. It is gentle enough to use to freshen up color as needed without any damage. I put a bit of dye in my conditioner to keep my color from fading. Could not say enough great things about manic panic. I HIGHLY suggest giving it a try!!! Also, it's not just great for crazy colors, the brown is also great to use as a gloss to even our hair tone!!
Pine Bluff, AR
This dye is what I use on my teenagers hair when she want wild colors. I have to say they are less harsh than most, but will run every time your hair is wet! Caution when rain is the biggest problem. However with that said when your teenager wants wild colors this is less harsh than permanent hair colors. So let them be wild without damaging their hair. The price is not bad either. I would recommend having their own dark colored towels when they wash their hair.
Virginia Bch, VA
This product really helped take the brassy, orange tones out of my colored hair. Using the purple haze allowed my hair to become the cool, ashy brown every girl loves. I used it once mixed with conditioner and my hair felt and looked softer and cooler than ever. Brassy-ness, whats that?
Ask a question to the Influenster community...