BY MANIC PANIC #7 in Hair Color

- Manic Panic presents semi-permanent hair dye, with the Amplified formula for a longer-lasting color! - Made from vegan ingredients and has the added benefit of conditioning the hair. - PPD (p-Phenylenediamine) Free - 4 Oz Can - Classic Formula Cream... see more...

• Which would you choose, Manic panic or ion color brilliance?7 Answers
  • Does this hair color fade quickly? Does it bleed a lot?4 Answers
  • Do I need bleach for this to work on my dark brown hair ?1 Answers
Jamie F.
Lake Bluff, IL
I've used Manic Panic's Blue Steel to upkeep grey hair I had professionally dyed. I was very impressed by how evenly it colored my hair, my roots like to lift unevenly so a lot of times lighter colors look spotty (even when done professionally) and I didn't have this problem with Blue Steel. I did, however, leave it on my hair for a couple of hours (as I do with all vegetable dyes), and I added some dye to my conditioner to help with upkeep.
If you're going for a pure grey you may be slightly disappointed, because there is a blue tint to this dye (especially in certain light), but it really is a gorgeous color. I would highly recommend it.
Becca L.
I mix a little bit of this with my conditioner to make a purple conditioner. I use this to tone my bleached hair. I went from virgin black Asian hair to a medium light brown balayage. This mixture worked so well to tone out the orange! In the future I might search for some blue dye, but this still worked well!
Sue M.
This is a great brand for those starting out to color their hair as it's gentle to use. I think this product is great overall except the price for the amount you get. I was surprised how tiny this bottle was and ended up needing two bottles to color my hair I was worried it wouldn't be enough. But I was wrong. I ended up adding just a little bit of white conditioner then applied it to my hair, wrapped it up in a processing cap, and wore it around the house all day. The color does bleed when you wash your hair but Tay's to be expected for any dark color. This left my hair very soft and didn't damage it all unlike most other hair colors. The pigment was rich and i lived the fact that it was ready to apply to my hair and didn't need any developer. The color lasted about 4 weeks before I need to touch up my roots and add a fresh hint of color to the rest of my hair. This shade is gorgeous! Highly recommend even if the amount you get in the container is not very much. This product packs a powerful punch!
Lindsey C.
Louisa, KY
This is such a pretty color and it last pretty long. It’s not the longest lasting hair dye I’ve tried, which it why I have it 4 starts, but it is one of the better hair dyes I’ve tried. It lasted over a month and it always fades out beautifully. I would recommend and I’ll probably buy again.
Sami W.
Corpus Christi, TX
This is with medium dark hair, I didn’t bleach to get this color... but this was in a lot of light. I loved it when my hair was purple! Be careful, the stain is real!!!!! I pretty much had to cover everything in my bathroom, and wash out my shower so the water wouldn’t stain. However, if your looking to be blonde anytime soon. Let go of the dye, it’ll take you a year to go blonde without completely frying you hair off your head. Happy coloring, your body is a canvass💜
Megan E.
I used this to get a pastel purple color for Halloween. I mixed a little bit of the purple dye with white conditioner and put it on my light bleached blonde hair. It gave me a pretty grayish purple with a little bit of blue tint colored hair. Overall I really liked the color! The color gradually faded out and didn’t leave any weird tint to my hair after using. It faded out in like three weeks of washing hair about three times a week. I will probably try out one of the other colors too because this experience was a good one.
Kirstie J.
Crozet, VA
Honestly, I’ve been dying my hair some funky colors for a long time. But Manic Panic is literally the nicest dye to my hair. It’s still manageable and no breakage when I use this to dye it. My favorite color to use is Ultra Violet. The name says it all, this is a fantastic semi permanent color. I buy mine from Amazon, but these can also be purchased at Sally’s Beauty, and it’s all cheaply priced!
Denise T.
Milwaukee, WI
I've used this product in hot pink before. I have really dark hair and hadnto bleach the tips of my hair before adding the color (which is to be expected with dark hair and adding unnatural colors). Anyway, after bleaching I added the color. It was bright and vibrant at first. Unfortunately the color started fading after a week and my tips looked likena hot mess. I ended up getting the tips cut off due to the fading and bleach damage to my hair. Needless to say I won't be purchasing this product again.
Liane N.
Largo, FL
This is my favorite shade of purple hair dye! It lasts super long and when it fades it is beautiful. I highly recommend getting your hair as blonde as possible prior to using this, it will be an amazing outcome you will not be disappointed
Genevieve M.
Fort Worth , TX
Love manic panic when I’m doing my own hair at home! It’s semi-permanent, but if you’re someone who doesn’t have to wash their hair everyday like me your color will last you way longer! AND they’re vegan also animal cruelty free!<3
Rebekah D.
Biloxi, MS
tamara e.
Conover, NC
Which would you choose, Manic panic or ion color brilliance?
Shonda M.
Hialeah, FL
Does this work better then other brands ?
Shannon Y.
Dunsmuir, CA
Does this hair dye fade quick? And if so, how long does it usually last?
Lindsay D.
Fall river, MA
Does this hair color fade quickly? Does it bleed a lot?