BY MANIC PANIC #5 in Semi-Permanent Hair Color

- Manic Panic presents semi-permanent hair dye, with the Amplified formula for a longer-lasting color! - Made from vegan ingredients and has the added benefit of conditioning the hair. - PPD (p-Phenylenediamine) Free - 4 Oz Can - Classic Formula Cream... see more...

• Which would you choose, Manic panic or ion color brilliance?7 Answers
  • Does this hair color fade quickly? Does it bleed a lot?4 Answers
  • Do I need bleach for this to work on my dark brown hair ?1 Answers
Nita S.
Boerne
I recently got blonde highlights in my curls for the first time, and panicked when the blonde started turning a bronze/orangey color within a few days. I seriously didn't know what to do until I came across a YouTuber who suggested using Manic Panic to down the orange to an ashy blonde. So, after doing some research, I rushed to my local Sally's Beauty Supply to pick up this product. I mixed a few drops of Manic Panic Ultra Violet with a few tablespoons of regular white conditioner from the drugstore, until the conditioner turned a medium-dark purple color. I applied it wet hair after shampooing and rinse it out. And Voila! I couldn't believe it actually worked, my curls that were looking pumpkin-orange reverted back to the ashy blonde in 3 washes! I highly recommend this product and a little bit goes a long way!
Angelina B.
Keene, NH
Manic panic Is amazing brand & they make even more amazing products that are very easy & simple to use ! The colors come out just as expected. The color
Last so long & I would definitely recommend this product as well as purchase again ! You can pick this amazing affordable product up at your local Sally’s beauty supply or ULTA beauty store ladies ! They have every color you can imagine!!!! Summer is here let’s go wild
Ladies !💜💜💜💜💜💜
Nicole N.
Columbia , MO
I use this product strictly for toning purposes. I take a bowl of conditioner and put a tiny anoint of this product inside until it becomes a pastel purple shade and apply to freshly bleached hair, leave it on for about an hour and once you rinse your hair will be less brassy. The more you wash your hair the faster this stuff fades out and you will get the brassyness back but for such a cheap price I don’t mind reapplying.
Jamie F.
Lake Bluff, IL
I've used Manic Panic's Blue Steel to upkeep grey hair I had professionally dyed. I was very impressed by how evenly it colored my hair, my roots like to lift unevenly so a lot of times lighter colors look spotty (even when done professionally) and I didn't have this problem with Blue Steel. I did, however, leave it on my hair for a couple of hours (as I do with all vegetable dyes), and I added some dye to my conditioner to help with upkeep.
If you're going for a pure grey you may be slightly disappointed, because there is a blue tint to this dye (especially in certain light), but it really is a gorgeous color. I would highly recommend it.
Brandy P.
Eustis, FL
I recently bought this, I am dying all my hair near summer but I did a test strip almost a week ago, I like the color it is more on the silver side but I find it very pretty, I have washed my hair like 3 times so fair and the color is still just not the same as it was when I first dyed it but that’s expected, I’m very happy with it so far and I’m excited to try it on all of my hair!
Jordan N.
chesterfield
I personally did not enjoy the purple manic panic as much as the blue or pink one but it’s still cute. I noticed this one did not last as long as the pink manic panic which was a weird observation. But I would defiantly recommend this product.
Arika S.
Newark, DE
Of all the manic panic shades I've purchased this one is my favorite. The issue I have with this & all manic panic shades though is that they bleed everywhere & on everything! It gets on your pillowcases, flat iron, fingers, clothes, neck... everywhere! No matter how many times you wash or how faded it is it bleeds all over.
Sami W.
Corpus Christi, TX
This is with medium dark hair, I didn’t bleach to get this color... but this was in a lot of light. I loved it when my hair was purple! Be careful, the stain is real!!!!! I pretty much had to cover everything in my bathroom, and wash out my shower so the water wouldn’t stain. However, if your looking to be blonde anytime soon. Let go of the dye, it’ll take you a year to go blonde without completely frying you hair off your head. Happy coloring, your body is a canvass💜
Kirstie J.
Crozet, VA
Honestly, I’ve been dying my hair some funky colors for a long time. But Manic Panic is literally the nicest dye to my hair. It’s still manageable and no breakage when I use this to dye it. My favorite color to use is Ultra Violet. The name says it all, this is a fantastic semi permanent color. I buy mine from Amazon, but these can also be purchased at Sally’s Beauty, and it’s all cheaply priced!
Bethany B.
Newport, MI
This is very pigmented. Also has a very nice smell to it like, grapes. The color turned out nicely but did not last very long. After about 3 washes the color started to fade. Very easy to use! I find this very disappointing. The only great thing I can say it is does not damage your hair.
Rebekah D.
Biloxi, MS
tamara e.
Conover, NC
Which would you choose, Manic panic or ion color brilliance?
Shonda M.
Hialeah , FL
Does this work better then other brands ?
Lindsay D.
Fall River, MA
Does this hair color fade quickly? Does it bleed a lot?
Shannon Y.
Dunsmuir, CA
Does this hair dye fade quick? And if so, how long does it usually last?