MAMA Instant Bowl Noodles Shrimp Tom Yum uploaded by Bridget F.

BY MAMA

Clifton Hts, PA
Foodie Expert
I just tried "MAMA Shrimp Creamy Tom Yum Ramen Instant Noodle" from Thailand. I purchased it at my local HMart (local asian grocery store). They have an aisle stocked with over a hundred different varieties of Ramen from every asian country. This particular Ramen cost under $1. With so many different varieties it is hard to know where to start. I picked "MAMA Shrimp Creamy Tom Yum Ramen Instant Noodle" because I like shrimp but the gold package is very eye catching. I had never had a "creamy" ramen before.

I enjoyed the broth very much. There is a strong, crisp and sharp citrus ‘bite’ then leads to a fiery flavor. I used the whole dry seasoning packet (soup base and chili powder) along with the chili powder packet, and the liquid soup paste packet. Overall there is not a strong shrimp flavor but its very subtle. If you like spice then add chili powder, if not don't worry and leave it out. I did not add veggies, shrimp, egg, or anything but next time I will.
Tara L.
Tara L.
Waldorf, MD
Foodie Expert
Mama instant noodles are my favorite brand of instant noodles. This flavor is one that I crave for the most. It satisfies me when I really want a perfect bowl of Thai Yom Yum Koong soup but without the hassle! Stock up on these.
La-Shonda R.
La-Shonda R.
Foodie Expert
The spicy noodles are my favorite! It is a good product to keep in your desk. I must warn you they are very high in sodium.
Bethany C.
Bethany C.
Harrisville, RI
My boyfriend co workers eat this and got him to eat them too now. he said there good but iv never tried it.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Foodie Expert
Favorite spicy noodles. It's not crazy spicy but just enough to excite the taste buds.
Karen C.
Karen C.
Very satisfying lunch for great price. is a little salty but overall, not bad
Sabia B.
Sabia B.
Fremont, CA
Foodie Expert
MAMA noodles are amazing! My local Asian market always carries this brand and flavor and I am absolutely in love with it. The noodles are somewhat thinner than what I am used to but it add to the texture of the meal itself. The tangyness and spicyness are a perfect balance (however, the spicy factor may be a little too hot for some people). Definitely would recommend other to try this!
Lily Z.
Lily Z.
Foodie Expert
I LIVE for Mama brand instant noodles. Compared to other instant noodle brands, MAMA may cost a little bit more, but the flavors are phenomenal. I personally like the regular spicy noodles (not shrimp flavored), but the shrimp ones are good too! It's great for a nice cold day when you just want something to warm up your stomach. As a college student, I lived off of these.
Clifton Hts, PA
Foodie Expert
What do you like to add to your soup, other than the packets that come with it?