MALIN+GOETZ Acne Treatment

by Malin + Goetz

10% Active Sulfur.  Overnight Treatment. Advanced Technology. Do not shake.  Our acne medication synthesizes salicylic acid and sulfur to effectively dry acne pimples.  Balanced with organic camphor to help fight impurities, this formula is synthesized with zinc oxide to aid healing and help prevent scarring. Malin + Goetz does not test on animals.

How does this product compare to Kate Somerville or Mario Badescu's acne spot treatment?
For anyone who has also used Mario Badescu Drying Lotion..Is this worse, better or about the same with effectiveness?
Would anyone recommend this for breakouts due to oily skin ?
Start your review of MALIN+GOETZ Acne Treatment!
The emergency pimple cream that lives in my nightstand. Similar to the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, but stays on much better and doesn’t end up all over your pillowcase. If it seems to dry out, you just need to top it off with isopropyl alcohol from the drugstore!
Dry / Dullness, Large Pores, Redness
Madison, WI
I recently had a bumper crop of chin zits (what did Tina Fey call them? Chacne?) and it's pretty embarassing at my age! What made them worse is that they immediately "scabbed over" and just looked even worse with makeup. This product didn't make them go away overnight, but I did notice an immediate improvement. Within 2 days, they were pretty much dried up. After 3 days, I still have one stubborn hanger-on zit, but that's better than the 6 or 7 I was sporting about a week ago. This product stings like the devil, and it smells pretty rough. (Sulphur? Yes indeed.) Oh, and you will look silly -- little white dots on all your pimples! But it's worth it to dry them up quickly!
Oily / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
Spencerville, IN
This is not a miracle treatment and does not clear up acne overnight... but it clears up pimples way faster, especially the really bad gross ones. It stings for a minute if the pimple is open, and you'll feel silly with dots all over your face. It has a strong smell at first but dries fast. I highly recommend this stuff and am glad I found it on birchbox!
Dullness
Wonderful spot treatment. Helps prevent problems spots from blowing up full force. Need to apply it at night as it is visible. Drying so make sure to moisturize skin. Packaging was a bit tricky since you can’t shake the jar and mix the ingredients. But it has prevented a few face disasters so far, so will purchase again.
Los Angeles, CA
This drying lotion was highly effective. I found that pimples went from enormous and red to barely visible in about 2 days. Just make sure not to shake the bottle and do apply overnight.
Dry, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
Freehold, NJ
MALIN+GOETZ Acne Treatment uploaded by Jennifer F.
This is an interesting product. You dip a Qtip into the sediment in the bottle and apply as needed before bed. If there is residue in the morning, wash it off.
Oily / Acne, Large Pores
Montgomery, TX
This stuff is wonderful for spot treating bad guys (acne) lol. It works wonders when I have a large spot that needs to be gone!
Oily / Acne
Spinney drive , Banbury
Couldn't live without this product, it's helped my acne so much! Taken the redness away An made my spots disappear quicker! I've almost finished my first pot of this An have just repurchased! It's a really good product.
Oily / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
Besson Street, London
I largely credit this product with saving my skin - it's exceptional for taming those unruly pimples that appear mid-afternoon - sleeping with a coat of this in can do wonders, and always reduces redness and soreness. Honestly, it's got a bit of a hefty price tag, but is so worthwhile.