Malin + Goetz Eau de Toilette, Dark Rum

by Malin + Goetz

Our rum tonic is synthesized for its natural, warm notes and general well being. Modern and dynamic, this formidable and long-lasting fragrance performs on its own or paired with the subtle freshness of our Synthesized Lotus Root, creating a unique sensory balance tailored to an individual or couple. Notes: Top notes of bergamot and plum, middle notes of rum and leather, dry down of amber, patchouli, and milk. Paired with our innovative synthesized lotus. Natural spray. Pair with our fresh, subtle Synthesized Lotus Root for perfect balance. Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Malin + Goetz Eau de Toilette, Dark Rum!
a month ago
One of my favorite scents! It’s perfect for both men and women and could be used during any season. Love that they also make soap and other products in the same scent so I could layer it.
8 months agoLos Angeles, CA
I know this is a cult classic but I'm just not a huge fan. It smells FINE but its a little too boozy. I personally prefer their moroccan fig and vetiver scents. This bottle is $150 so you better LOVE it if you are gonna throw down that much on a perfume that doesn't sit long.
6 months agoBrooklyn, NY
This is the absolute best perfume I’ve ever worn. The scent is so seductive and sexy with some fruity notes. I always get compliments when wearing this and I love wearing it daily. You don’t need a lot to smell delicious so it lasts a long time. I would definitely recommend this!
10 months agoAddison, TX
A long, long time ago I was at a really bougie drugstore in Manhattan, and I saw this perfume. I tried it on, liked it, saw the price tag, and promptly put it down as gently as possible. But as the day went on, I kept getting whiffs of it off my skin and clothes, and every single time it felt like a little seduction. Since that day, I've dreamed about this stuff and searched high and low for a dupe to no avail. Well this year I got married, and I wanted a special scent to wear that day. I knew exactly what I wanted to splurge on. I bit the proverbial bullet, and I'm SO happy I did. It was a beautiful, warm scent for a beautiful day, and now every time I mist it on I'm transported back to that special day. It is so unique, and if you ever get the chance to try it on (man or woman, it's unisex) you'll see what I mean.
2 years ago
Dark Rum by Malin + Goetz is a great unisex fragrance- it will truly work for a man or a woman. It is warm and woody, with slight boozy undertones- however, I would consider this woody more than anything else. It's not overpowering, but it does project well and those close to you will smell it; therefore, I would say it has medium sillage. Regarding longevity, this fragrance lasts about 6-8 hours on me with one application. In my opinion, this fragrance would work in numerous settings (work, parties, school) and can be worn every season. Dark Rum is warm, dry, woody, slightly boozy but not sweet, and fairly linear. If you like any of those characteristics in a fragrance, I recommend trying this one!
2 years agoFall Branch, TN
I bought this sight unseen looking for something close to Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon, thinking it may have that deep sultry scent since Rum is a main topnote. It's not even close. It's not a bad scent, but I don't think it's exactly a body scent, at least not for me. It smells like fabric softener to me now, but it could grow on me. Definitely not a return, but not what u was looking for. On to the next scent I suppose!
a year agoPurvis, MS
I love Malin and Goetz products, and this is no exception. I wish the scent formulation was a little closer to that of their rum body wash because, to me, that's their best smelling product.
a year agoDallas, TX
I like this scent!! It’s different than the other ones I’ve had. The only thing is that I wish it wasn’t so pricey. A nice one to add to your perfume collection.
a year agoAtlanta, GA
This is one of my faves. It’s on the verge of masculine, like I like, but a woman can wear it. It has that boozy, speakeasy feel. The bottle is very no frills/minimalist, but what’s inside...so unique, I’ve never smelled anything like it.
4 months agoNew York
Strange and addictive scent. Makes you lean in. Sweet but not sugar sweet... maybe like a Dr Pepper