Malibu Original
By Malibu Rum
#3 in Liquor
Norma S.
Los Angeles, CA

What are good mixes for this drink to eliminate the coconut taste? I'm not a big coconut fan!

Jessica A.
Jessica A.
2 years, 1 month ago
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
Orange and pineapple juice!
Megan C.
Megan C.
Kingwood, TX
3 years, 5 months ago
Try with root beer...I think it makes the root beer taste creamier and don't taste the coconut flavor as much.
Antioch, TN
3 years, 8 months ago
I put in strawberry daiquiris half and half with regular rum, that gives just a hint of coconut!
Antioch, TN
3 years, 8 months ago
Great in strawberry daiquiris! it gives just a hint of coconut taste if you put part regular Bacardi rum and then part coconut rum!
Jenny G.
Jenny G.
Champlain, NY
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
If you want to eliminate the coconut taste than you probably got the wrong rum. Good thing that they make a few other flavors. I'm not sure if its Malibu Red or Malibu Black that is mixed with tequila but that one is damn good and hardly tastes coconuty.
Gladys R.
Gladys R.
Georgetown, SC
4 years, 1 month ago
Cranberry juice may work. I mix cranberry, pinapple and gingerale and it's not much coconut flavor to taste.
Heather W.
Heather W.
4 years, 1 month ago
I have always been able to taste Malibu in everything, because the coconut flavor is pretty prominent, but if you use it in a Hurricane, there are so many other things in it, that the coconut gets covered up a bit.
Dakota H.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
Florissant, MO
4 years, 5 months ago
I put it with Sunny Delight....but there are many flavors of Malibu. Mango is my favorite :)