BY MALIBU RUM #21 in Liquor

Nothing beats an original, and MALIBU is not only an original, it is the world’s best-selling Caribbean rum with natural coconut flavor. The taste of MALIBU is sunshine in a bottle - smooth, fresh coconut flavor with a sweet finish - perfect for bringing the sun-kissed island to anytime.

Malibu Original
  • "Do yourself a favor and mix this with cranberry juice with a little bit of pineapple juice over ice, you won't be disappointed. " in 321 reviews
  • "Try orange juice, sparkling wine or champagne and some Malibu with some fruit punch... the perfect summer morning beach drink!" in 127 reviews
  • "this brand of coconut rum is my absolute favorite, mixed with some pineapple juice or any other sort of tropical juice and you're ready to sit on the beach and sip away." in 81 reviews
  • "This stuff is amazing I love yo make different kids of drinks with it I love coconut this actually has a great coconut flavor " in 71 reviews
  • "Malibu is always great when you want to make some mixed drinks it works well with so many different things and its a great price " in 64 reviews
Angela B.
Jacksonville, FL
Oh Malibu Original, what memories I have with you from years long past..but those are for another site and not this one. My review will be short and sweet, like me. Only one of those descriptions are true. You guess which one! I'm sorry, back to this review. Malibu is a tasty rum, especially good in pina coladas. You can taste the difference between one made with name brand rum or one made with the one on the bottom shelf at the liquor store that's buy one get one free. As a younger person (OMG I am not THAT old to be saying younger person) my palette was not that refined. So font fret if you can't tell a difference yet. You will one day. Wotds of Wisdom for those 18 to 27, don't buy generic paper towels, toilet paper or liquor. Also, the drinking age is 21 people! Heed the Words of Wisdom for the liquor once you're of age!
Janet H.
Rochester Hls, MI
It's a summertime staple. It's a boat party staple. It's a mom's liquor cabinet staple. It is to beach-side bars what Coca Cola is to McDonalds. It is a necessity is and it is the center of everything. Like, "Man, I really want an ungodly amount of Coca Cola, and McDonald's can offer that to me for only $1! Now I'm justified to also order some salty fries and maybe a vat of chicken nuggets to keep me thirsty between sips. I'd normally be ashamed of this but it's cheap so it's okay."
except it's like, "Man, I feel uncomfortable in this bikini so I really wanna get rum-drunk but I'm in public and it's only 4pm so I can't take shots yet, so this Malibu will make for a fine Pina Colada. Normally I'd be ashamed of this but there's a limbo contest in 20 minutes and I need to get loose."
dam m.
Santa Clarita, CA
There are much better coconut rums out there. First thing its like 42 proof so its almost all water and sugar so I cant consider it a true rum, more like a liqueur. With that in mind you cant expect much as far as quality. Opening it you get a sugary coconut smell with no hints of alcohol. Drinking it is much the same you get a very distinct extract of coconut taste with a side of a large portion of sugar cane and thats about it. I prefer other coconut rums that dont use coconut extract because its just not anywhere near comparable to a natural coconut flavor. Which is why this rum loses points because it is beat out by a large amount of competitors.
Elizabeth Q.
San Antonio, TX
Malibu original is my go to brand for Caribbean Rum. Without this rum lavaflows wouldn't exist in my opinion. The smooth but not overly sweet taste makes it a good as a mixer or a stand alone drink. Malibu is available in 14 different bottled flavors, 3 premixed varieties in pouches, and premixed cans. One of my favorite fall/winter drinks is called an Apple Strudel which is made by mixing Malibu Rum and warm apple juice. Another anytime favorite is Malibu Rum and coca-cola over ice. \9. If you haven't already, I encourage you to check out the Malibu Rum Drinks website and find a flavor and a recipe for your next get together.
Juanita B.
Atlanta, GA
Not a fan of coconut but at a family get together my mom wanted a drink. She didn't have anymore daiquiri mix in the freezer so I had to think of the next best thing that was just a fruity... Mai Tai? Pineapple spiced drink? I ended up making something like a Mai Tai .. Used something along the lines of ... the Malibu Coconut Rum + pineapple juice + lemon juice (can't recall the exact type but I've used it in Margaritas) + grenadine + blender = happy mom :-)
And I had to taste a little too, surprisingly good LOL
Cindy L.
Hialeah, FL
If you like sweet/fruity drinks, you will love this rum. It has a coconut flavor to it and you can taste the alcohol a little bit if you don't mix it with something else, but it's still very drinkable alone. You can add pineapple juice, coconut cream, blend it with ice and garnish it with real pineapple & a cherry and you have yourself a piña colada. They also sell "Malibu Black" which is a stronger version of this one. If you're looking for more percentage of alcohol and a bolder taste.
Abby A.
Happy Hour Expert
I love Malibu. Especially in the summer, but I can drink this any time of year!

This is a coconut rum, so if you don't like the taste of coconut I would not recommend this. But if you like a taste that reminds you of summer, then this is perfect!

I use it in pina coladas sometimes to amp up the coconut flavors.

Great mixed with coke or pineapple juice is my favorite.

I would definitely recommend trying this if you want to drink something that tastes like summer/tropical vacation
breann y.
Toledo, OH
Happy Hour Expert
I love the flavor of this drink, I usually drink it more during the summer time since it has a nice summery feel to it. A recipe I enjoy using is called pimp juice, it has so much flavor!!

Pimp Juice
Ingredients
1 oz. Peach Schnapps (more Peach Schnapps drinks)
1 oz. Malibu Rum (more Malibu Rum drinks)
Pineapple Juice (more Pineapple Juice drinks)
1 splash(es) Gin (more Gin drinks)
Instructions
Mix over ice in a highball glass. Fill with pineapple juice, lay back and enjoy!
Maribel A.
Hellertown, PA
Happy Hour Expert
This is one of the 3 drinks I always orders at clubs I love this rum ( even on the rocks Hahaah) try to mix it with coke, yeap you read it right COKE it's soooo gooood or if you're a juicy person, try with pineapple juice and a cranberry with grape juice IT IS SO BOMB! You can add ice and a bit of water because it might be super sweet or put water to the grape and cranberry juice before mix it with the pineapple and Malibu. Perfect for summer 🌴😎☀️
Cait C.
Fair Haven, VT
This is a great base for a ton of different types of mixed drinks. Its not strong at all, and is smooth. I have been a bartender for years and this is one of the more popular liquors in any bar. It mixes well with most anything. Or tastes great on its own. I prefer drinking it chilled or on the rocks. It tastes nice with a little vodka, pineapple juice and amaretto. Its a coconut rum, and is used frequently to make tropical like mixed drinks.
Ashlee W.
What is your favorite mixed drink with this?
Autumn B.
Omaha, NE
Does this have a strong coconut flavor?
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
What is your favorite drink to make with Malibu?
Ashley S.
Rosendale, WI
How do you normally drink your Malibu?
Alicia K.
Does this have a strong coconut taste to it?