BY MALIBU #1 in Rum

Brings the fun of the Caribbean to you, with its flagship Coconut and exciting flavor offerings: Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Mango and the newly introduced Malibu Tropical Banana. Malibu’s fresh new look and great taste, make it the perfect accompaniment to every party occasion. see more...

• How do you guys like to drink this rum? I mix it with cranberry ...14 Answers
  • What do you drink this with 7 Answers
  • Are you a fan of this, like me? Yes or No1 Answers
T B.
I used to love this rum! great for anyone who wants to try new types of liquor. Although some people don't like it.. One of my friends described it as sunscreen smelling, since it is a coconut flavor and scent. It is also very very sweet! so dont drink too much of this as it can be a sugar overload and upset your stomach. It's great on its own, or add it to sprite, 7 up, coke, or pepsi. It will work with any soda. My favorite thing to do with it, since it is a coconut rum is to make a tropical drink during the summer time! Reminds me of the beach and warm sun! It's a great cocktail! heres the recipe!
 You will need:
-1 shot of malibu
-1 shot of peach schnapps
-pineapple juice
-orange juice
-grenadine
-fruit such as oranges or cherries for garnish!

Use a shaker and serve over ice! great drink! tropical and fruity!

Lindsey C.
Carson City, NV
I get Malibu Coconut Rum to make Bahama Mamas. I tried the Pineapple version years ago, I don't even know if they still have it, but it was equally delicious in the mixed drink. I mix the following ingredients to my liking, usually for a few guests at least, and then personalize each drink to the drinkers taste.. some like more bubbly so they get more 7up, thicker fruitier drink gets more pineapple juice, more rum for others.. etc.

Your favorite Dark rum
Malibu Coconut rum
Pineapple Juice
Orange Juice
7up (I have used Cherry 7up and it's good, you can use Sprite, etc.)
Grenadine
Pineapple wedges and cherries for garnish

Some use banana liqueur​ but I am not a fan of banana flavored anything so if you like that touch, it can be added, however I don't use it.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This stuff brings back some great memories. Caribou Lou anyone? Lol tech n9ne introduced me and my partying friends to the Caribou Lou recipe which was mostly this stuff and some pineapple juice and something else. Its been a while. I can't remember all the lyrics to the chorus of the title track of the song of the same name of the drink.
It tasted great. This stuff is amazing to mix. It makes the best drink for summer nights around the fire. Vacations to the islands. Summer days on the water, camping, etc. It really brings something to the occasion.
It's really easy to overdo it even drinking it straight though because it doesn't have that harshness of other hard liquors so keep your limits in mind. And if you don't know them learn them slowly and with caution.
Alcohol can add a simple warmth to any situation if used with caution but can be overdone suddenly and sometimes without warning so always keep that in mind. Plan before you start because nobody's judgement is at its best when drinking.
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Mix with fresh pineapple juice and you get a tasty drink, use in any cocktail, you will get a tasty drink. Sweet, consumable, but has no real rum influence outside of a cocktail night. On the positive side, it is cheap and readily available and I do have a penchant for the premixed cans with sparkling pineapple juice.I am sure there are better quality coconut rums out there, but this one will serve its purpose.
Mercedes S.
Gravette, AR
Alcohol content was good and the price is pretty great. But I don't know if it's the sweetener in this or just coconut in generel, but I don't like it. It almost immediately gives me a stomach ache. Which sucks because EVERYONE else LOVES it. I'm just one of the few I guess. If you are going to drink this regardless of how much you like it, it's about 100 times better when it's cold so keep that in mind.
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I remember much years younger when I had a taste of this on a flight, remember it tasting like coconut soap and thought it taste good. Now mature in the tongue and patiently savoring the flavors, this is just rough candied coconut that has some rum. The throat feel is like an okay wine, but this is a distilled product! Didn't have this as a mix, so probably better as that. If given to me, I would pass.
Melinda M.
Cumming, GA
This is probably the most well known flavor Malibu offers and in my opinion of the ones I have tried it is the best one! I love coconut everything. I love to use this in pina colodas and in other drinks or just drink it how it is! Its reasonably priced and easy to find
This is my summer go-to for cocktails.  The Malibu gives a splash of sunshine and the tropics to any drink and it can be found in most liquor stores at a reasonable price. I usually stick with the coconut flavor but have tried others, including Malibu Melon and Pineapple.
Stephanie R.
Staten Island , NY
I am a big fan of this flavored rum and you can’t go wrong with mixing it with orange juice. The delicious coconut flavor and smell makes you feel like your vacationing on a tropical island. You can buy this at your local liquor store and it’s really adorable too. I am a repeat consumer and bring this with me to every party or gathering. I would definitely recommend trying this rum.
Melanie W.
Fleming Island
I am a sucker for this stuff! It has this refreshing coconut flavor that I just love! Makes you feel like your on a holiday without leaving your house. It goes so well with so many things from a simple orange juice to a mixed beverage. When I want something fruity or craving that coconut flavor this is what I get! I’m going to have to give the other flavors a shot!
Stephanie A.
Waynesville, NC
How do you guys like to drink this rum? I mix it with cranberry juice and pineapple juice!
ashley r.
What do you drink this with Malibu Coconut Rum ?
katie p.
Myrtle Beach, SC
What's your favorite to mix with this?
Celina S.
What is everyone's favorite mix?
Alex C.
What's your favorite to mix with this?