BY MALIBU #1 in Rum

Brings the fun of the Caribbean to you, with its flagship Coconut and exciting flavor offerings: Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Mango and the newly introduced Malibu Tropical Banana. Malibu’s fresh new look and great taste, make it the perfect accompaniment to every party occasion. see more...

• How do you guys like to drink this rum? I mix it with cr...15 Answers
  • What do you drink this with 8 Answers
  • Are you a fan of this, like me? Yes or No2 Answers
T B.
I used to love this rum! great for anyone who wants to try new types of liquor. Although some people don't like it.. One of my friends described it as sunscreen smelling, since it is a coconut flavor and scent. It is also very very sweet! so dont drink too much of this as it can be a sugar overload and upset your stomach. It's great on its own, or add it to sprite, 7 up, coke, or pepsi. It will work with any soda. My favorite thing to do with it, since it is a coconut rum is to make a tropical drink during the summer time! Reminds me of the beach and warm sun! It's a great cocktail! heres the recipe!
 You will need:
-1 shot of malibu
-1 shot of peach schnapps
-pineapple juice
-orange juice
-grenadine
-fruit such as oranges or cherries for garnish!

Use a shaker and serve over ice! great drink! tropical and fruity!

ashley r.
Although I typically drink vodka these days, there are definitely still occasions that call for rum. And when I drink rum it's Malibu Coconut Rum ! This works wonderfully in fruity drinks and adds just the right amount of alcohol and sweetness. If shots are your thing, this makes a smooth shot with almost no need for chaser. When I finally turned 21 this was a great starting drink as it was just sweet enough and didn't break the bank of a college student. It's incredibly refreshing on a hot day as well, great for BBQs and outdoor parties in the summer!
Christy T.
Bradenton
Malibu Coconut Rum was my first favorite adult beverage! It is very smooth and leaves you with a sweet (but not overly so) after taste! There are so many options for mixers with Malibu - from pineapple juice to coke... martinis to daiquiris, and anything you can think of in between - and because it’s easy on the pocket book, you can call Malibu Coconut Rum you’re “go-to” drink! With the Caribbean being my favorite place to be, Malibu is the perfect drink to have in hand! Just close your eyes and sit back and the island easy life will be yours before you know it!
Shyanne V.
Columbus
There will never be a rum that compares to Malibu when it comes to flavor options. This company wants you to feel like you’re sitting on an island with a little umbrella drink in your hand and the wind rustling the palm trees. It paints a pretty picture for how cheap it is. It’s flavored rum, y’all. It caters to the younger crowd. I’m sure there aren’t many people out there that can say they’ve never tried Malibu rum. It’s good, it’s cheap, it gets the job done. What more do you want?
Lindsey C.
Carson City, NV
I get Malibu Coconut Rum to make Bahama Mamas. I tried the Pineapple version years ago, I don't even know if they still have it, but it was equally delicious in the mixed drink. I mix the following ingredients to my liking, usually for a few guests at least, and then personalize each drink to the drinkers taste.. some like more bubbly so they get more 7up, thicker fruitier drink gets more pineapple juice, more rum for others.. etc.

Your favorite Dark rum
Malibu Coconut rum
Pineapple Juice
Orange Juice
7up (I have used Cherry 7up and it's good, you can use Sprite, etc.)
Grenadine
Pineapple wedges and cherries for garnish

Some use banana liqueur​ but I am not a fan of banana flavored anything so if you like that touch, it can be added, however I don't use it.
Sherley V.
Wilkes Barre , PA
This is my favorite rum. It tates amazing. Im not a big drinker so i like when the alcoholic taste is subtle and not too strong. Its great for mix drinks such as a malibu bay breeze, which i highly enjoy. It gives off that really great coconut taste. I purchased this at my local wine and spirits store for $19.99, so its highly affordable for the about of liquor you get.
Kara D.
This was the FIRST ever alcohol I would drink when I turned of age. I wasn't too hype on the taste of alcohol and was considered quite the girly drinker, so this was perfect as it's so sweet and flavorful that you barely recognize it as an alcoholic beverage.

I would mix this with pineapple juice and wah-la!

Although, I do have to say I can barely drink this stuff today as it is WAY too sweet. But you can mix it and make some great drink recipes with it. Very island-y.

10/10 recommend!
Mercedes S.
Gravette, AR
Alcohol content was good and the price is pretty great. But I don't know if it's the sweetener in this or just coconut in generel, but I don't like it. It almost immediately gives me a stomach ache. Which sucks because EVERYONE else LOVES it. I'm just one of the few I guess. If you are going to drink this regardless of how much you like it, it's about 100 times better when it's cold so keep that in mind.
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I remember much years younger when I had a taste of this on a flight, remember it tasting like coconut soap and thought it taste good. Now mature in the tongue and patiently savoring the flavors, this is just rough candied coconut that has some rum. The throat feel is like an okay wine, but this is a distilled product! Didn't have this as a mix, so probably better as that. If given to me, I would pass.
Amethyst G.
Mount Dora, FL
This rum is wonderful when you’re craving a tropical island getaway, but can’t afford one. It pairs very nicely with Diet Coke and creates a nice contrast with the flavors in that. I also really like it with Root Beer as the coconut taste mixes with the vanilla flavors within the soda and helps them stand out more. It’s also nice with some fruit juice or fruit punch for a refreshing island taste.
Stephanie A.
WAYNESVILLE, NC
How do you guys like to drink this rum? I mix it with cranberry juice and pineapple juice!
ashley r.
What do you drink this with Malibu Coconut Rum ?
katie p.
Myrtle Beach, SC
What's your favorite to mix with this?
Celina S.
What is everyone's favorite mix?
Alex C.
What's your favorite to mix with this?