BY MALIBU #1 in Rum

Brings the fun of the Caribbean to you, with its flagship Coconut and exciting flavor offerings: Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Mango and the newly introduced Malibu Tropical Banana. Malibu’s fresh new look and great taste, make it the perfect accompaniment to every party occasion. see more...

• How do you guys like to drink this rum? I mix it with cranberry ...15 Answers
  • What do you drink this with 7 Answers
  • Are you a fan of this, like me? Yes or No2 Answers
T B.
I used to love this rum! great for anyone who wants to try new types of liquor. Although some people don't like it.. One of my friends described it as sunscreen smelling, since it is a coconut flavor and scent. It is also very very sweet! so dont drink too much of this as it can be a sugar overload and upset your stomach. It's great on its own, or add it to sprite, 7 up, coke, or pepsi. It will work with any soda. My favorite thing to do with it, since it is a coconut rum is to make a tropical drink during the summer time! Reminds me of the beach and warm sun! It's a great cocktail! heres the recipe!
 You will need:
-1 shot of malibu
-1 shot of peach schnapps
-pineapple juice
-orange juice
-fruit such as oranges or cherries for garnish!

Use a shaker and serve over ice! great drink! tropical and fruity!

Lindsey C.
Carson City, NV
I get Malibu Coconut Rum to make Bahama Mamas. I tried the Pineapple version years ago, I don't even know if they still have it, but it was equally delicious in the mixed drink. I mix the following ingredients to my liking, usually for a few guests at least, and then personalize each drink to the drinkers taste.. some like more bubbly so they get more 7up, thicker fruitier drink gets more pineapple juice, more rum for others.. etc.

Your favorite Dark rum
Malibu Coconut rum
Pineapple Juice
Orange Juice
7up (I have used Cherry 7up and it's good, you can use Sprite, etc.)
Pineapple wedges and cherries for garnish

Some use banana liqueur​ but I am not a fan of banana flavored anything so if you like that touch, it can be added, however I don't use it.
Sherley V.
Wilkes Barre , PA
This is my favorite rum. It tates amazing. Im not a big drinker so i like when the alcoholic taste is subtle and not too strong. Its great for mix drinks such as a malibu bay breeze, which i highly enjoy. It gives off that really great coconut taste. I purchased this at my local wine and spirits store for $19.99, so its highly affordable for the about of liquor you get.
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Mix with fresh pineapple juice and you get a tasty drink, use in any cocktail, you will get a tasty drink. Sweet, consumable, but has no real rum influence outside of a cocktail night. On the positive side, it is cheap and readily available and I do have a penchant for the premixed cans with sparkling pineapple juice.I am sure there are better quality coconut rums out there, but this one will serve its purpose.
Mercedes S.
Gravette, AR
Alcohol content was good and the price is pretty great. But I don't know if it's the sweetener in this or just coconut in generel, but I don't like it. It almost immediately gives me a stomach ache. Which sucks because EVERYONE else LOVES it. I'm just one of the few I guess. If you are going to drink this regardless of how much you like it, it's about 100 times better when it's cold so keep that in mind.
Alex C.
Greenville, SC
I remember much years younger when I had a taste of this on a flight, remember it tasting like coconut soap and thought it taste good. Now mature in the tongue and patiently savoring the flavors, this is just rough candied coconut that has some rum. The throat feel is like an okay wine, but this is a distilled product! Didn't have this as a mix, so probably better as that. If given to me, I would pass.
Amethyst G.
Mount Dora, FL
This rum is wonderful when you’re craving a tropical island getaway, but can’t afford one. It pairs very nicely with Diet Coke and creates a nice contrast with the flavors in that. I also really like it with Root Beer as the coconut taste mixes with the vanilla flavors within the soda and helps them stand out more. It’s also nice with some fruit juice or fruit punch for a refreshing island taste.
This is my summer go-to for cocktails.  The Malibu gives a splash of sunshine and the tropics to any drink and it can be found in most liquor stores at a reasonable price. I usually stick with the coconut flavor but have tried others, including Malibu Melon and Pineapple.
Madison C.
New Hyde Park, NY
Malibu was my favorite rum in college. I loved adding it to absolutely anything I had in my fridge. Pineapple juice, coconut water, coke, diet coke, etc. Anything and everything tastes good with Malibu however as I grew older I find that I tend to stray away from sweet alcohol. Every now and then it’s nice to add into mixed drinks but it’s not something I go to as often anymore.
Karen C.
Canby , OR
I love coconut and fruity drinks so this is the perfect type of rum for me. I have mixed it with orange juice, strawberry banana juice, coke and then with other mixed drinks. I’ve also used it in a variety of different Jell-O shots and it really adds a smooth flavor to anything you can think of. I’ve turned a lot of people on to it as well and they get hooked on the taste too.
Stephanie A.
How do you guys like to drink this rum? I mix it with cranberry juice and pineapple juice!
ashley r.
What do you drink this with Malibu Coconut Rum ?
katie p.
Myrtle Beach, SC
What's your favorite to mix with this?
Celina S.
What is everyone's favorite mix?
Alex C.
What's your favorite to mix with this?